[1.12.x] ScienceAlert ReAlerted : Experiment availability, now with DMagic support

21 minutes ago, HawkEngineer said:

Sorry, for some reason I didn't save when I noticed the issue.  I will send another probe to see if the same situation occurs again and let you know.  Thanks for your time.

Not a problem.  I will still be looking into it, but having a save which replicates it will make it much easier

1 hour ago, Mystique said:

Does "collect all" require some specific type of container? I though it would transfer data from equipment to landing pod, but it seems to do nothing instead. Do I miss something? Thanks for advice.

No, you don't need any special container.  What makes you think it does nothing?

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, you don't need any special container.  What makes you think it does nothing?

As I understood from explanations in previous post, it should transfer experiment results from equipment to container/pod. In my case it works like this:

When experiment is available, I see animation, click on mod's button, see menu with buttons to perform all/w/o EVA; collect all, list of experiments.

If I click collect all, nothing happens (well, ok, let's say I didn't have any results in equipment so nothing should happen).

If I perform all experiments, all button are gone (including "collect all"), results stay in equipment in which they were performed.

If a new experiment is available, then all buttons appear again as listed above, BUT click on "collect all" does nothing, i.e. previous experiment results are not transferred to pod.

Is it working as intended?)

1 hour ago, Mystique said:

As I understood from explanations in previous post, it should transfer experiment results from equipment to container/pod. In my case it works like this:

When experiment is available, I see animation, click on mod's button, see menu with buttons to perform all/w/o EVA; collect all, list of experiments.

If I click collect all, nothing happens (well, ok, let's say I didn't have any results in equipment so nothing should happen).

If I perform all experiments, all button are gone (including "collect all"), results stay in equipment in which they were performed.

If a new experiment is available, then all buttons appear again as listed above, BUT click on "collect all" does nothing, i.e. previous experiment results are not transferred to pod.

Is it working as intended?)

Ok, so it' s going to depend on the following:

• What science containers are available
  • What experiment you have
  • If the experiment has already been collected. 
  • Which version of KSP you are running.  The CollectAllEvent has been in KSP since at least 1.2, so this should be ok.

The Collect All button is merely triggering the CollectAllEvent on all the available science containers.  If nothing can be stored, then you should at least get a screen message.

I just did a test, and I see it isn't working.  I'l get it fixed in the next day or so

Thanks for the report

New release, 1.9.6

• Fixed the Collect All so it now works with science containers which have a gui available in the PAW
  • Added check so that if no science containers are available, the button will be greyed out
  • Now doesn't show the Collect All if no data is available to be collected

Note that Collect All requires that there be one or more parts available which can collect all science;  most if not all command pods don't have this ability.  You can tell by right-clicking the part and looking at the PAW, if it has an entry saying "Collect All", then that part can collect all science

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Note that Collect All requires that there be one or more parts available which can collect all science;  most if not all command pods don't have this ability.

IMO, anything with command (pod, probe, etc) should have the ability to store results. For that reason, I wrote a MM patch to add it to anything with ModuleCommand. Big QoL improvement!

Oh, and thanks for fixing this. I had been using an action group to collect all.

On 2/22/2019 at 9:47 AM, leatherneck6017 said:

IMO, anything with command (pod, probe, etc) should have the ability to store results. For that reason, I wrote a MM patch to add it to anything with ModuleCommand. Big QoL improvement!

Oh, and thanks for fixing this. I had been using an action group to collect all.

Nice!, has that been added to:

Ok looks like someone has posted a patch for this:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/139980-130-community-database-of-module-manager-patches-for-stock-ksp/&page=5&tab=comments#comment-2900990

with an additional tweak by Alshain to require a tech node to unlock the ability:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/139980-130-community-database-of-module-manager-patches-for-stock-ksp/&page=6&tab=comments#comment-3021580

Edited by BlackHat

@BlackHat I'll admit that I completely forgot about that collection of MM patches. I enjoy writing my own, though. This is how I've done it:

@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Probe]]:Final
{
	%MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]
	{
		reviewActionName = #autoLOC_502201 //#autoLOC_502201 = Review Stored Data
		storeActionName = #autoLOC_502202 //#autoLOC_502202 = Store Experiments
		evaOnlyStorage = True // i.e. can nearby regular vessels also do this, or EVA only
		storageRange = 2.0
		canBeTransferredToInVessel = True
		canTransferInVessel = True
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]]:Final
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceContainer

reviewActionName = #autoLOC_502201 //#autoLOC_502201 = Review Stored Data
		storeActionName = #autoLOC_502202 //#autoLOC_502202 = Store Experiments
		evaOnlyStorage = True // i.e. can nearby regular vessels also do this, or EVA only
		storageRange = 2.0
		canBeTransferredToInVessel = True
		canTransferInVessel = True
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]]:Final
{
	@MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]
	{
		%canBeTransferredToInVessel = True
		%canTransferInVessel = True
	}
}

On 2/22/2019 at 3:41 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.9.6

• Fixed the Collect All so it now works with science containers which have a gui available in the PAW
  • Added check so that if no science containers are available, the button will be greyed out

Note that Collect All requires that there be one or more parts available which can collect all science;  most if not all command pods don't have this ability.  You can tell by right-clicking the part and looking at the PAW, if it has an entry saying "Collect All", then that part can collect all science

Many thanks. And, by the way, it's better to keep showing collect all button after all experiments are performed (now it disappears if there are no experiments in the list, i.e. if I activate all available experiments, then all buttons disappear; so it's needed to manually select collect all from container's PAW).

On 2/22/2019 at 5:41 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.9.6

You know what would be amazing (to me, anyway)? If the window were to show "collect all" whenever any science is stored in the experiment/scan/etc. For example, I have only one experiment on board, I run it and on the results window I tell it to save the data. In its current state, this mod will no longer display anything in its GUI. Let's say I've changed biome's and there would be the option to run it again, but the mod won't tell me because the previous data is still stored in the experiment itself. But if the collect all button was always visible if you had uncollected science, then it would prompt me to "clear out" my experiments. Hope this makes sense the way I've written it :confused:.

19 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

I have only one experiment on board, I run it and on the results window I tell it to save the data.

This saves the data in the experiment

19 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

In its current state, this mod will no longer display anything in its GUI.

Please clarify, you say that after saving the data inthe experiment, that nothing is shown in this gui?

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, if the previous data is still stored in the experiment, then it can't  collect any more data until it's been emptied.

What I mean is that if you've done the above step, the experiment can't collect any more data until the data currently stored in it has been removed in some way

On 2/13/2019 at 6:45 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Not a problem.  I will still be looking into it, but having a save which replicates it will make it much easier

@linuxgurugamer, I just experienced another situation where science alert was not indicating any science available but [X] Science was indicating science.  I saved the game file, attached my log file, and screenshot using the link below.  This occurred on my first landing at Ceti.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jmm9gc9jpuwhae/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvv695l8ihch95z/screenshot_2019-03-03--16-45-14.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p48ze4k5d3hjwv5/Ceti_Landing.sfs?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

I have tested this mod today for hour and  it is great help. Any chance it will get integrated with remote tech mod to prevent cheating with probes and activating science experiments when there is no connection ?

Or at least some simple  workaround where we can disable ability to execute  experiments via this mod at all.  (having at least notifications). 

4 hours ago, Kozzy said:

I have tested this mod today for hour and  it is great help. Any chance it will get integrated with remote tech mod to prevent cheating with probes and activating science experiments when there is no connection ?

Or at least some simple  workaround where we can disable ability to execute  experiments via this mod at all.  (having at least notifications). 

I suppose I can add a disable mechanism if RT is installed, but that would be the extent of what I would do.  If someone else would submit a PR with changes specific to RT, I'll review it and accept if it looks good