[1.12.x] ScienceAlert ReAlerted : Experiment availability, now with DMagic support

16 hours ago, weregamer said:

Hmm, I cut a new log and, before uploading, went through it carefully myself. I had an outdated ClickThroughBlocker.

While checking that, I noticed that my GameData directory has a folder called 000_ClickThroughBlocker, which matches what's in the zip file on spacedock, but also one called just "ClickThroughBlocker". Is there a story here, or should I just delete the one without the 000?

Delete the one without the zeroes

i'll throw in that i am able to reproduce science alert not catching and updating alerts based on biome changes, im trying to play around to see if its specific part based or not, total conjecture makes me think materials bays and goo containers are fine but crew and pressure/temp are not registering across biomes - will look into it more

Edited by skbernard

16 minutes ago, skbernard said:

i'll throw in that i am able to reproduce science alert not catching and updating alerts based on biome changes, im trying to play around to see if its specific part based or not, total conjecture makes me think materials bays and goo containers are fine but crew/probe and pressure/temp are not registering across biomes - will look into it more

Be sure to check whether an experiment is per-biome for a particular situation (which you'd need for Science Alert to alert) by looking in:

GameData/Squad/Resources/ScienceDefs.cfg

As well, some mods like Science Revisited Revisited modify the per-biome nature of some experiments in some situations.

at a rudimentary glance nothing looks out of place in the defs (i dont use science revisited revisited), on a side note i downloaded [x]science to test their new alerting system and that picks up all the biome changes (however its laggy as hell during biome switches, which is even more annoying than not getting auto alerted)

Edited by skbernard

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, nocturnalAndroid said:

Hi, just installed 1.9.4.3 on 1.5.1 and alerts are not showing up. how can I debug this?

A log file would be helpful :) If you don't know where the log is located, take a look into this thread:

Anyway, my best guess would be missing dependencies. Did you install ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController as well?

I'm still trying to find the reason for ScienceAlert not alerting ...

I'm on KSP 1.4.5 64-bit.

ScienceAlert 1.9.4.2
ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.6.7
ToolbarController 0.1.6.16

Before my "experiment" with KSP 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 I was using Kopernicus 1.4.5-Alpha5-2 by marr.
After the experiment I went back to KSP 1.4.5 and tried out the backport of Kopernicus 1.4.5-5 - that version has
a bug about loading all biomes of all celestial bodies when entering map view or the tracking station ...
So I thought that could be the reason for ScienceAlert not alerting properly.
But reverting to Kopernicus 1.4.5-Alpha5-2 by marr didn't help neither.
(And I deleted all Kopernicus cache files after changing the Kopernicus version)

Then I considered some posts above about Science Revisited - which is just a bunch of patches which in my understanding should not block ScienceAlert in working.

Sometimes I have the feeling that ScienceAlert is not comfortable with science definition configs which use biomeMask and situationMask as well.
It's like ScienceAlert only works with configs that use biomeMask alone ...

Then I considered some posts above about the ScanSat integration - toggling it off should help.
Should it help immediately or after a scene change? Because just toggling it off did not help for me.

And yes, I use Kerbalism and RemoteTech and all that other stuff which is mods...

The log and all that stuff from my last session:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm3sy1vrwlbjbag/2018-10-22_1 KSP.log and stuff.7z?dl=1

Edited by Gordon Dry

So,

1. I made the mistake in using ScienceRelay together with RemoteTech - check
  2. I had to learn that "enable ScanSAT integration" means that all biome-related science results will only be alerted when the ScanSAT biome scan is done ... - check

And as a sidenote, now also TrackingStationEvolved works again:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/172162-144-dmagics-evolved-mods-tracking-station-evolved-v40-6-30-2018/&do=findComment&comment=3473251

KSP 1.5.1 ScienceAlert 1.9.4.3:

I found this one time in my log:

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
  at System.Linq.Check.Source (System.Object source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Contains[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.String value, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Contains[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScienceAlert.ExcludeFilters.IsExcluded (.ModuleScienceExperiment exp) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScienceAlert.Experiments.ExperimentManager.RebuildObserverList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScienceAlert.Windows.DraggableOptionsWindow.OnVisibilityChanged (Boolean tf) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) ReeperCommon.WindowDelegate:invoke_void__this___bool (bool)
  at ReeperCommon.DraggableWindow.set_Visible (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScienceAlert.Windows.WindowEventLogic.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
ScienceAlert.<Start>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Loading a vessel the settings window was already open - and I'm sure that I didn't have it open as I left the game the last time.

Just installed this. A couple of questions:

1. What's the difference between "Deploy All" and "Collect All"? When I hit Collect All the experiments seem to disappear, so i've been using Deploy All, but would like to know what they are
  2. When I'm setting this up I want the mod to drop out of warp and collect whenever my science isn't maxed out. Do I really have to scroll through each experiment in the Settings and click "Stop warp on discovery" and the "Not maxed" buttons?

First, I'll admit I'm not really familiar with Science Alert. I've been using [X] Science, but on the switch to 1.5.1 I gave this mod another chance.

I have a problem with Science Alert not reporting available experiments. I think this is why I dropped it after trying it out originally back in June. I have all experiments set to < 50% collected. 

Based on what [X] Science reports I should be getting a Science Alert for the DMagic Surface Hydrogen Scan which hasn't been researched at all in this biome, but also Mystery Goo and Materials Study which are both below 50%. 

After I took this photo I found both the Mystery Goo and Materials Study needed to be cleaned, so my scientist hopped outside to restore them and that did pop an alert for Materials Study, but not Mystery Goo. I also compared the experiment IDs in DMagic's Orbital Science mod against the Profile.cfg file in Science Alert and they were all listed. I'm more concerned about it completely missing an unresearched experiment over two experiments that haven't been researched fully.

qPZtTpJ.jpg

Win 10 KSP 1.5.1 Updated against CKAN prior to launching KSP. Output Log https://drive.google.com/open?id=1htD75oyZC7EmL4uw5mvJZ5UXXGeSEjsK

I'm also have a bug with how the AVC check is configured for this mod. I have the full KSP-AVC installed and it gives a notice for ScienceAlert. But when I use the Action button to download the update it takes me to Champagne Bottle Redux which I do not have installed. I noticed this last night actually, but figured it would get to CKAN  eventually. It hadn't updated by this afternoon so I tried the AVC download link. I know how to go find it manually, I just thought your AVC config should be fixed.

4MTg5VB.jpg

54 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

I'm also have a bug with how the AVC check is configured for this mod. I have the full KSP-AVC installed and it gives a notice for ScienceAlert. But when I use the Action button to download the update it takes me to Champagne Bottle Redux which I do not have installed. I noticed this last night actually, but figured it would get to CKAN  eventually. It hadn't updated by this afternoon so I tried the AVC download link. I know how to go find it manually, I just thought your AVC config should be fixed.

Thank you for the report, I'll  get if fixed tomorrow 

23 hours ago, Tyko said:

What's the difference between "Deploy All" and "Collect All"? When I hit Collect All the experiments seem to disappear, so i've been using Deploy All, but would like to know what they are

Deploy all does the experiments.   Collect all gets the data into the command pod

23 hours ago, Tyko said:

When I'm setting this up I want the mod to drop out of warp and collect whenever my science isn't maxed out. Do I really have to scroll through each experiment in the Settings and click "Stop warp on discovery" and the "Not maxed" buttons?

You want to set the global option

A week ago or so I read in any post (yeah forgot which one) that since KSP 1.5 it's no more allowed to use biomeMask = 0 and situationMask = 0

What IMHO makes sense, then what should that mean? The value is a bit pattern, and 0 is not defined.

So, is that true?

That would explain why several science instruments are not triggered correctly under some circumstances...

As long as that is not clear I created a patch - what else? :D

Spoiler

GameData\zFinal\zzz_fix_biomeMask_situationMask_0.cfg

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#situationMask[0],~biomeMask[],#requireAtmosphere[?alse]|#requireAtmosphere[FALSE]]:FINAL
{
	@situationMask = 48
	@biomeMask = 48
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#situationMask[0],#biomeMask[0],#requireAtmosphere[?alse]|#requireAtmosphere[FALSE]]:FINAL
{
	@situationMask = 48
	@biomeMask = 48
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#situationMask[0],~biomeMask[],#requireAtmosphere[?rue]|#requireAtmosphere[TRUE]]:FINAL
{
	@situationMask = 63
	@biomeMask = 63
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#situationMask[0],#biomeMask[0],#requireAtmosphere[?rue]|#requireAtmosphere[TRUE]]:FINAL
{
	@situationMask = 63
	@biomeMask = 63
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#situationMask[0],#biomeMask[>0]]:FINAL
{
	@situationMask = #$biomeMask$
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#biomeMask[0],~situationMask[],#requireAtmosphere[?alse]|#requireAtmosphere[FALSE]]:FINAL
{
	@biomeMask = 48
	@situationMask = 48
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#biomeMask[0],~situationMask[],#requireAtmosphere[?rue]|#requireAtmosphere[TRUE]]:FINAL
{
	@biomeMask = 63
	@situationMask = 63
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#biomeMask[0],#situationMask[>0]]:FINAL
{
	@biomeMask = #$situationMask$
}

Edited by Gordon Dry
fixed patch

Hmm, I guess I have always misunderstood 'Collect All' I thought it was run the experiments and accept them without popping open the reports. So instead it just means I dont need to have a Kerbal do an EVA and collect all the science that are stored in the seperate experiments? Cool, I will have to start using it. :)

@Tonka Crash 

13 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

Based on what [X] Science reports I should be getting a Science Alert for the DMagic Surface Hydrogen Scan which hasn't been researched at all in this biome, but also Mystery Goo and Materials Study which are both below 50%. 

From the screenshots it looks like you have Scansat installed.  2 posts above your post Gordon Dry said

On 10/23/2018 at 6:07 AM, Gordon Dry said:

I had to learn that "enable ScanSAT integration" means that all biome-related science results will only be alerted when the ScanSAT biome scan is done ... - check