[1.12.x] ScienceAlert ReAlerted : Experiment availability, now with DMagic support

Can I get some more information on the SCANsat integration? I've just got a small probe with a thermometer and a barometer on board. When I enable SCANsat integration, the experiments don't show up in the available experiments. 

28IRFPm.jpg

But when I disable the integration the experiments show up. This is literally the first thing I put on the launchpad so I haven't done anything with SCANsat yet. (It is installed)

Zon8j6d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer

Hi, in an effort to track down the missing yellow wrench in toolbarcontroller I found this in the output_log.txt file;

Spoiler

ToolbarControl: GetTexture, path: C:/KSP/KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/ScienceAlert/textures/flask

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

ToolbarControl: Cannot find texture to load from file:C:/KSP/KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/ScienceAlert/textures/flask

I have   "VERSION": {    "MAJOR": 1,    "MINOR": 9,    "PATCH": 4,    "BUILD": 0  }, installed. There is no subdirectory called textures present. I checked my downloaded copy of ScienceAlert_ReAlerted-1.9.4, the folder is not there either.

Toolbarcontrol is rather insistent that this flask exists, and puts quite a lot of writing into the output_log.txt file;

Spoiler

ToolbarControl: GetTexture, path: C:/KSP/KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/ScienceAlert/textures/flask-38-0096

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

ToolbarControl: Cannot find texture to load from file:C:/KSP/KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/ScienceAlert/textures/flask-38-0096

As you can see it has gone through at least 96 different names, however that is not the whole story, as it tries to find the first none numbered flask a few times and the flask-38 a few times as well.

Now I guess these messages come from the debug option for this mod. However I feel sure that if it is looking for this flask, then either the flask should exist where it is looking for it, or it should be either not looking for it or looking for it in the place where the flask does exist.

Edited by Apaseall

The file doesn't exist because it is embedded in the DLL.  The fact that you are getting that message indicates there is something seriously wrong with your system.

TC only tries to load it from disk if it can't find it  internally

You have the correct version of Science Alert.  I just tested downloading both copies, one from Github and one from Spacedock, and they both worked properly for me.

Where did you get it from?

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer, is there a way to use ScienceAlert so that it doesn't alert me about collected, but not transmitted experiments? I'm playing with Kerbalism, which stores experiments as data, and slowly transmits them back to KSC. However, with ScienceAlert it gets a bit confusing, as it keeps alerting me of the same experiments I'm still transmitting. What can be done about it?

23 hours ago, 1990eam said:

There's an annoying bug with x Science where the game freezes for a second every time there's a biome change and new science is available.

Does this happen too with this mod?

I think not. I've been using it for the past few days, and I don't notice any freezing like I used to with x Science.

7 minutes ago, 1990eam said:

How do you like the mod over x Science?

I like the fact that it doesn't cause lag, of course! But so far, it doesn't seem to alert of all the available experiments, for example, when roving at KSC. Also, it keeps alerting me of the experiments I already did, but haven't transmitted it yet. I wrote to @linuxgurugamer about it a few posts above. Hopefully that can be fixed. If so, it will be my new favorite mod for science alerts, as everything else in it is really great.

On 9/1/2018 at 12:04 PM, aluc24 said:

@linuxgurugamer, is there a way to use ScienceAlert so that it doesn't alert me about collected, but not transmitted experiments? I'm playing with Kerbalism, which stores experiments as data, and slowly transmits them back to KSC. However, with ScienceAlert it gets a bit confusing, as it keeps alerting me of the same experiments I'm still transmitting. What can be done about it?

Someone will have to make it work properly with Kerbalism.  I do not support Kerbalism, it makes too many changes to the game and it's just not worth it for me to support.

Sorry

On 9/1/2018 at 12:18 PM, 1990eam said:

There's an annoying bug with x Science where the game freezes for a second every time there's a biome change and new science is available.

Does this happen too with this mod?

That annoyance should not be there in my version of xScience, which one are you using?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Someone will have to make it work properly with Kerbalism.  I do not support Kerbalism, it makes too many changes to the game and it's just not worth it for me to support.

Sorry

I see. That's understandable. But why doesn't Science Alert sometimes alert of new available experiments? For example, I did my first probe mission to the Mun, landed on it for the first time. Science Alert alerted me that I can do a radiation scan, but not the temperature/pressure ones, even though they are available and never done there before.

On 9/3/2018 at 2:30 AM, aluc24 said:

I see. That's understandable. But why doesn't Science Alert sometimes alert of new available experiments? For example, I did my first probe mission to the Mun, landed on it for the first time. Science Alert alerted me that I can do a radiation scan, but not the temperature/pressure ones, even though they are available and never done there before.

I just opened a pull request to add Kerbalism support, keep an eye on the next update ;)

There is a small chance that the update will fix your other issue as well but I wasn't able to reproduce it so I cannot test it.

35 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I just opened a pull request to add Kerbalism support, keep an eye on the next update ;)

There is a small chance that the update will fix your other issue as well but I wasn't able to reproduce it so I cannot test it.

Thank you very much!

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.9.4.1

• Following from 4x4cheesecake:
    • Science Alert now works along Kerbalism
    • Stored experiments are detected in all loaded vessels
  • Removed unnecessary line from AssemblyVersion.tt:  <#@ assembly name="EnvDTE" #>

Damn, you said you wouldn't do it, but you did it anyway. Man, you're awesome. Thank you so much!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a bizarre issue with this. I have gotten a little annoyed at the klunkiness of [X]Science and wanted an alternative; this sounds pretty cool.

But it's not working right, and I don't know why.The icon shows up in my stock toolbar, it animates, and I get the bubbling-flask sound. On mouseover the tooltip appears for a very quick moment then disappears. Neither left nor right click on the icon do anything.

It's as if the icon was not receiving mouse events after the first few ms.

I know you are using ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController elsewhere, so I can't imagine that they are conflicts.

I have a bunch of other stuff, but mostly parts-related and pretty common; except those two nothing is fiddling with the toolbar UI. Nothing interesting shows up in the log.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:07 AM, weregamer said:

I'm having a bizarre issue with this. I have gotten a little annoyed at the klunkiness of [X]Science and wanted an alternative; this sounds pretty cool.

But it's not working right, and I don't know why.The icon shows up in my stock toolbar, it animates, and I get the bubbling-flask sound. On mouseover the tooltip appears for a very quick moment then disappears. Neither left nor right click on the icon do anything.

It's as if the icon was not receiving mouse events after the first few ms.

I know you are using ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController elsewhere, so I can't imagine that they are conflicts.

I have a bunch of other stuff, but mostly parts-related and pretty common; except those two nothing is fiddling with the toolbar UI. Nothing interesting shows up in the log.

Are you at time warp? The available science can disappear before you can react if you are. 

Hmm, I cut a new log and, before uploading, went through it carefully myself. I had an outdated ClickThroughBlocker.

While checking that, I noticed that my GameData directory has a folder called 000_ClickThroughBlocker, which matches what's in the zip file on spacedock, but also one called just "ClickThroughBlocker". Is there a story here, or should I just delete the one without the 000?

"000_ClickThroughBlocker" is the current directory for it.  Changed back in May.  Delete the "ClickThroughBlocker" directory and make sure you have the most current version of it, 0.1.6.5.

EDIT:  Oops, 0.1.6.5 was the version released back in May.  Current is 0.1.6.7.

For many mods, especially framework mods like ClickThroughBlocker, if you're modding completely manually (as opposed to using a mod enabler like JSGME or CKAN), you should delete the old directory in GameData and then install the new.  Many mods will state this in their topic's original post as the method to use when updating the mod.

Edited by Jacke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.