[1.12.x] ScienceAlert ReAlerted : Experiment availability, now with DMagic support

On 12/20/2020 at 3:20 PM, KawaiiLucy said:

Tested it in 1.11, there seems to be some bugs happening.

(tested with ReStock and DMagicScienceAnimate)

First, the thermometer isn't detected at all as an available science experiment, but is getting collected when pressing the corresponding button.

The mystery goo doesn't run its animation and can't be restored by a scientist after hitting "collect all", despite him being 5 star. Steps to reproduce: hit run mystery goo -> collect all -> no restore option available.

Have you tested with just stock?

Interesting... reminds me of an issue I had with my last career when I removed Kopernicus (had it as a prerequisite for SVT) : all my solar panels lost their action group assignment. Turned out, Kopernicus kind of cloned the original ones to insert it's own mechanisms for orienting the panel to different light sources. Maybe something similar happens here?

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started using science alert, can someone help me understand how to set the system in game to signal if there is any science at all to do? I tried setting everything to not maxed, assuming this would mean that even if there was only 0.01 points of science to be gained, I'd get notified, however this seems to have broken something, somehow, as now i'm not getting alerts for any experiments, when it was working before. I've got a temperature scan that hasn't been done at all, and it's not showing up as an experiment needing to be run, but it was showing up before I started messing with the settings. I also tried bringing the alert threshold to 0 [disabled] thinking that might help, but no luck. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Eventually, I'll add this to my list of 1.11 updates needed

If you happen to be looking at things like that, a similar issue is the mod suggesting crew reports when there is no crew aboard. This is pretty much zero priority as far as I'm concerned; it's easy enough for me to ignore. Just FYI. I was going to mention another low-priority feature that I'd be more interested in would be the ability to pretty much shut up the mod completely for after I've maxed out science and am not really interested in adding more... but then I noticed it already seems to happen to have that option. I'll have to check that out. :-)

• 1 month later...

For some reason the mod is not stopping time warp when a new science is available for collection.     The sound goes off along with the collect option.  But time warp does not halt.     I have clicked the setting both on and off to see if I just had it miss clicked and no luck.

On 3/13/2021 at 8:14 PM, Twidget_Gray said:

For some reason the mod is not stopping time warp when a new science is available for collection.     The sound goes off along with the collect option.  But time warp does not halt.     I have clicked the setting both on and off to see if I just had it miss clicked and no luck.

Are you using Mechjeb?

Edited by Tacombel

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 3:24 AM, nickbuss said:

Would it be possible to get this extended to also trigger for science that can be processed into data in the lab?

The problem I see here: every experiment can be used in every lab ever built (once, but in every lab you build) - so, for which lab should this alert trigger? The one around Kerbin, the one on Minmus, the one on the ship flying to Jool ... ?

13 hours ago, KerbMav said:

The problem I see here: every experiment can be used in every lab ever built (once, but in every lab you build) - so, for which lab should this alert trigger? The one around Kerbin, the one on Minmus, the one on the ship flying to Jool ... ?

Well, the the lab or labs on the ship you're currently flying was what I had in mind.  Didn't even know that anything else was a possibility.

Even if others are a possibility I think that just the currently active ship is a reasonable scope for this kind of extension.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Guru. I see you maintain both Science Alert and [x]Science. Which of thse two has the best chance of working on 1.11 ?   Lief just isn't the same without these mods :)

They both work, there are some issues with the new inventory stuff though

I just tried xScience with the depencies, but all the buttons are grey and no text appears. Is it the latest one on github? (as 1.11 is not supported yet, any help to send logs and screeny?)

Edited by Jimbodiah

7 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

I just tried xScience with the depencies, but all the buttons are grey and no text appears. Is it the latest one on github? (as 1.11 is not supported yet, any help to send logs and screeny?)

I’ll take a look this morning.  Logs are always helpful.

8 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

I just tested it on a 1.11.2 install, it worked fine.  So I'll need to see that log (player.log), and it would be helpful if you can send me a screenshot.

Make sure you have this version downloaded:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSP-X-Science/releases/tag/6.0.0.6

Edited by linuxgurugamer