[1.12.x] ScienceAlert ReAlerted : Experiment availability, now with DMagic support

22 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

As long as that is not clear I created a patch - what else? :D

Hide contents

GameData\zFinal\zzz_fix_biomeMask_situationMask_0.cfg

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#situationMask[0],~biomeMask[],#requireAtmosphere[?alse|?ALSE]]:FINAL
{
	@situationMask = 48
	@biomeMask = 48
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#situationMask[0],#biomeMask[0],#requireAtmosphere[?alse|?ALSE]]:FINAL
{
	@situationMask = 48
	@biomeMask = 48
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#situationMask[0],~biomeMask[],#requireAtmosphere[?rue|?RUE]]:FINAL
{
	@situationMask = 63
	@biomeMask = 63
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#situationMask[0],#biomeMask[0],#requireAtmosphere[?rue|?RUE]]:FINAL
{
	@situationMask = 63
	@biomeMask = 63
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#situationMask[0],#biomeMask[>0]]:FINAL
{
	@situationMask = #$biomeMask$
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#biomeMask[0],~situationMask[],#requireAtmosphere[?alse|?ALSE]]:FINAL
{
	@biomeMask = 48
	@situationMask = 48
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#biomeMask[0],~situationMask[],#requireAtmosphere[?rue|?RUE]]:FINAL
{
	@biomeMask = 63
	@situationMask = 63
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#biomeMask[0],#situationMask[>0]]:FINAL
{
	@biomeMask = #$situationMask$
}

Mind if I include that with this (and another) mod?

5 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

No problem - but I already edited it, dunno why your quote shows the outdated version ...

I guess the forum software is a little weird ... :D

probably because the page I quoted was from yesterday.

I downloaded your zFinal, can I assume that what's in there is current?

On 10/24/2018 at 4:37 PM, Gordon Dry said:

KSP 1.5.1 ScienceAlert 1.9.4.3:

I found this one time in my log:

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
  at System.Linq.Check.Source (System.Object source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Contains[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.String value, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Contains[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScienceAlert.ExcludeFilters.IsExcluded (.ModuleScienceExperiment exp) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScienceAlert.Experiments.ExperimentManager.RebuildObserverList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScienceAlert.Windows.DraggableOptionsWindow.OnVisibilityChanged (Boolean tf) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) ReeperCommon.WindowDelegate:invoke_void__this___bool (bool)
  at ReeperCommon.DraggableWindow.set_Visible (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScienceAlert.Windows.WindowEventLogic.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
ScienceAlert.<Start>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Loading a vessel the settings window was already open - and I'm sure that I didn't have it open as I left the game the last time.

One time reports are not really useful, there is too much going on, especially with the number of mods you run.  If it happens again, please provide logs, and if possible, a way to reproduce the error

Great replacement of [x] Science!, however missing the feature of the status window listing all/available science :)

I'm not sure if the bug is caused by this mod, but might have something to do with it. Sometimes if there is a science alert (brings out of warp, deployed manually) before a maneuver node, then at the burn there is no countdown to zero, but the remaining dV is frozen.

1 hour ago, kubi said:

Great replacement of [x] Science!, however missing the feature of the status window listing all/available science :)

I'm not sure if the bug is caused by this mod, but might have something to do with it. Sometimes if there is a science alert (brings out of warp, deployed manually) before a maneuver node, then at the burn there is no countdown to zero, but the remaining dV is frozen.

Do you have the dependencies installed?

On 10/28/2018 at 8:16 AM, kubi said:

that isn't part of this mod, if you want it, use [x] Science!

I have observed the issue of the dv not decreasing, will look into it

I did notice that if you changed the node all, it then works

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@kubi This seems to fix it:

New release, 1.9.5

• Fixed bug where coming out of timewarp to get science would lock the maneuver

Many thanks, I'll test immediately!

Yesterday I got a bit confused watching a video (https://youtu.be/-2Ad7suNi_Q?t=3543), then I realized that he uses ScienceAlert too.

Any chance you can make it so that this can default to active when you launch? I forget all the time to click it and it doesn't really make a noticeable sound or anything among-st the many other buttons I have over there in the side bar.

Also, can you add a setting to not ask me for those one time experiments? I really don't want to be stuck clicking through multiple prompts each time I have a cluster of experiments that are all run once types.

A global setting for all science would be nice too, your right click screen was full of like, 100 science possibilities and each one had its own, perhaps instead you have a global setting at the top, then each one below is a list with a single tggle on it "Ue global setting", if false it displays its own options like it does now, if true, it just shows it as a list item.  Compact and clean.

I hope these thoughts and suggestions are helpful. :P

Hi, I have version 1.9.5 of this mod installed on KSP 1.5.1 along with the dependencies (CTB 0.1.6.9 &  TC 0.1.6.19) and also MM 3.1.0 however the button is not visible on the flight screen. I don't think this is a bug, pretty sure I'm doing something wrong. Any thing in particular I should look for?

TIA

Should mention as well that Science Alert is listed in Toolbar Control.

Edited by WalterB
no science in sandbox, oops

1 hour ago, WalterB said:

Any thing in particular I should look for?

Which Toolbar (stock, blizzy, both or none) is selected for ScienceAlert in ToolbarControl and if blizzy is selected: do you have blizzys installed?^^

Also, a log file would be helpful ;) If you don't know where the log is located (depends on your OS), take a look into this thread:

Thanks for the reply 4x4cheesecake but I am an idiot :P

I've been away from KSP for a very long time and forgot there is no science in sandbox mode where I've been testing out mods. I just tested it in career and every thing is good.

"ReAlerted" :D hahaha I love it. Your support for mods is CRAZY linuxgurugamer. I cannot find a "donate" button on any of your threads or in the forum search. Please tell me that you have a PayPal or something?

Edit: Nevermind I found your Patreon. Thanks again for everything

Edited by avalancha
found

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, X1machinemaker1X said:

I changed the default profile for all the experiments to alert me if they were not maxed out. Do I need to reload the game for those changes to take effect? Im not getting an option to use an experiment even though x science shows its not maxed. 

Most likely

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, need a little help here. I'm not savvy with modding unless its extracting into a folder (as luckily every mod seems to be).

I'm using Kerbal Space Version 1.6.0.2395 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us

I'm trying to use the ScienceAlert mod, downloaded from the Github link in the first post of this thread. I have the required dependencies installed. The toolbar shows on the GUI along with the button for ScienceAlert, but it's purple instead of the icon I've seen in the Youtube video posted on page 1 and I can't righ or left-click the button to reveal the menu. The mod seems to be working in the background because I can hear the sound play when I fly over different biomes on missions and can collect new data in these areas. The menu simply will not appear no matter what I've tried (this includes selecting it as a viewable button in the toolbar options). 

Because the toolbar is visible in the game and I can hear the science alerts while playing, I believe it might be an issue with either the version of the game or clickthroughblocker, although I can't tell if I installed that correctly or not. I just drag/dropped the folder in the gamedata folder as usual. 

Any help? Screenshots attached for reference. Thanks!

OVhPVsZ.png

vrvm6qO.png

@92 gsr-4 Welcome to the forum :)

Apparently, you installed (Blizzys-) Toolbar but not the ToolbarControler, which is required and listed as a dependency. Maybe you  mixed up the mod names here or you just forgot this one ;)

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ToolbarControl/releases/tag/0.1.6.19

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

Thanks @4x4cheesecake!

I did mix that up! I ended up removing all the mods and reinstalling them using CKAN ( I discovered CKAN here on this forum, so i removed all the mods I previously installed manually). Toolbar Controller was outdated in CKAN  (v 1.7.17.14) so I manually installed the newest version via the Github link you provided. 

I did get some new messages and a toolbar controller button on the stock toolbar, but unfortunately the ScienceAlert mod still isn't working for me. It's still a purple box that doesn't respond when clicked. Screenshots attached. Thanks for the help thus far! 

XPJI1P4.png

f3zkAWu.png 

7 hours ago, 92 gsr-4 said:

I did mix that up! I ended up removing all the mods and reinstalling them using CKAN ( I discovered CKAN here on this forum, so i removed all the mods I previously installed manually). Toolbar Controller was outdated in CKAN  (v 1.7.17.14) so I manually installed the newest version via the Github link you provided. 

Nope, that's the version of Blizzys Toolbar again ;)

Good choice to use CKAN though but it brings up a few questions here:
You got the stock deltaV readout so your game version is definitly 1.6.0 but science alert and many other mods, don't officially support 1.6.0 yet. Also, the second screenshot shows every mod registered in Toolbar Controller but the list is empty except for Toolbar Controller itself...(I'm curious though why it is listed in the Button Visibility window of Blizzys Toolbar though, probably you didn't delete the 'toolbar-settings.dat' after deleting the mods?)

Did you really reinstall all the mods through CKAN especially ScienceAltert? By default, ScienceAlert doesn't show up there and you have to 'trick' CKAN until the mod will be updated for 1.6.0.
In CKAN, go to Settings -> Compatible KSP versions which will bring up this window:

FMmqE6d.png

Set the checkmark for 1.5 like in my screenshot (you can also add 1.4) and hit 'Accept'. Now you should be able to install all of the previous installed mods through CKAN, including Science Alert :)

Most mods from 1.4 and 1.5 will work fine in 1.6, Science Alert is one of them ;) 

If the issue persists anyway, we will need a log file. (Anything you need to know about the log file can be found in this thread)