What is the one mod you couldn't play KSP without?

Definitely KER.  I recently started a new career install with just KER (and VABReorienter, which is nice to have but I don't need it).  Having never seriously done career before, I was constantly forgetting the KER modules, and I would abort launches if I forgot them.

Next would be Konstruction! and AGX.

Hi all,

I'm playing version 1.4.1 (I think!) MOD-LESS. Previously I did have MechJeb installed with version 1.0.5 (I think), but pretty much stopped using its functionality after I learned how to dock.

A fun to have is the Airplane Modpack but it is not essential, and I've used very little of its functionality in actual Career play. 

This said, I fully support everyone's choice to play with whatever Mods they need/want/use, and applaud both Squad and all the Mod-developers out there that have helped make KSP the most serious Brain-crack-candy I've encountered since ... since ..., since I'm not sure any other game has ever been quite so desperately addictive.

Take care,

Regards

Orc

Any mod that provides new resource/ feature that lets me refuel my ship in flight without resorting to mining (basically a legitimate version of infinite fuel). Case in point: Solaris Hypernautic with it's dust collector/ refinement and virtual particle virtugenics system

Edited by ARS

KER, how we still don't have Delta V readouts in stock is beyond me.  The game will tell you how many Delta V you need to complete a maneuver, but not how much you have left in your craft.  Crazy!

Vens is awesome and I use that every time, but I can play without it, without a Delta V read out I'd very quickly get bored of the game.  Over engineering and trial and error are not interesting game play mechanics for me.

29 minutes ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Also, rendezvous is super hard and I am terrible at docking.

I found it hard when I first tried, but really rendezvous is as simple as fiddling with manoevre nodes until you get a good encounter, then zeroing out your relative velocity at your closest approach. Then you can alternately burn towards your target and kill your relative motion until you're a spacewalk away.

Would not play without, in this order:

• MechJeb
  • KER
  • KAC
  • Editor Extensions
  • RCS Build Aid
  • TAC Fuel Balancer
  • CorrectCoL

One of the things I value MJ for is the fact that it allows me to test a design with repeatable results/parameters, and make solid qualitative/quantitative judgments about the performance--I rarely do under 20 iterations of anything.

5 hours ago, wile1411 said:

DMagic Orbital Science - I need to extra science to make my career game not grindy

Just boost rewards to 200% and get ScanSat for extra science. After you're done with the Mun and Minmus you'll be almost at the end of the tech tree. Also send fly-byes to Eve , Duna , Dres and Moho.

6 minutes ago, General Apocalypse said:

Just boost rewards to 200% and get ScanSat for extra science. After you're done with the Mun and Minmus you'll be almost at the end of the tech tree. Also send fly-byes to Eve , Duna , Dres and Moho.

I could - but I only let myself use mods for stuff like this. I wont let myself change the science difficulty settings in any direction other than down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.