Joystick axis assignments doesn't save

MacOS 10.13.4, KSP 1.4.3.2152, Saitek x56 Rhino stick and throttle

When I assign axes to their corresponding controls, KSP recognises the movement and all looks well:

dOA5vTh.png

But as soon as I hit "accept" and reopen the assignment window, it's gone:

O9JbuEE.png

This only applies to axis movement, as buttons, switches and triggers work just fine.

Tried a full reinstall of KSP, and the joystick(s) are fully recognised by MacOS, but alas, the outcome is quite the same.

For the record: I also tried manually editing the settings file (and undid that as it did not work), and the plane is not responding to any axis movement (but buttons work just fine.)

We have the same issue on Linux, it has been discussed in length.

The solution that worked for me was to use Advanced Fly-By-Wire. I've also posted an updated Advanced Fly-By-Wire dll for Linux in that other thread, and steps on how to compile the plugin, which you could try for Mac. I don't know if that plugin supports Mac OS though.

3 hours ago, soulsource said:

We have the same issue on Linux, it has been discussed in length.

The solution that worked for me was to use Advanced Fly-By-Wire. I've also posted an updated Advanced Fly-By-Wire dll for Linux in that other thread, and steps on how to compile the plugin, which you could try for Mac. I don't know if that plugin supports Mac OS though.

You know that I revived this and sm supporting it here:

• 3 weeks later...

i cant even get KSP to find my joystick axis's for my saitek X-52 Pro. I am new to KSP so I am trying to get oriented with KSP  before i even start messing around with mods. I can assign buttons, but not any of axis. also the H.O.T.A.S profile that was added in the latest update is either non-existant or is hidden in such a way that a normal user can't find it. Steam controller support only supports gamepads and does not support traditional joysticks or H.O.T.A.S.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

KSP 1.4.4 (No mods)

10 minutes ago, Chris Solomon said:

i cant even get KSP to find my joystick axis's for my saitek X-52 Pro. I am new to KSP so I am trying to get oriented with KSP  before i even start messing around with mods. I can assign buttons, but not any of axis. also the H.O.T.A.S profile that was added in the latest update is either non-existant or is hidden in such a way that a normal user can't find it. Steam controller support only supports gamepads and does not support traditional joysticks or H.O.T.A.S.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

KSP 1.4.4 (No mods)

Try using Advanced Fly By Wire mod

i am new to ksp so i am trying to go without mods until i am througly familair with how KSP operates. I did figure out how to get the axis detected (end tasked the saitek/logitech profiler software), but found KSP only supports 19 of the 39 buttons the x-52 Pro has. this results in only the up direction of HAT 02 being able to be assign, and HAT 03 being totally unassignable. Also unassignable is the wheel buttons below the MFD (on the throttle).

I noticed an SDK included with the DirectOutput driver (for FSX and X-Plane and Prepare3D) I was wondering if anyone had tried to use that SDK to create a plugin so that the MFD on the X-52 Pro and other supported products, such as the little display thing-a-mabobs that they made for flight sim purposes could be used with KSP. Having the MFD display something useful such as delta/v or AP/PA or AN/DN would be super cool. but to create the proper files using the SDK you need to be profecient in M$ visual C++, and also be able to assemble the file into an .EXE which would run beside KSP and send the data from KSP to the joystick MFD. the SDK contains some pretty specific instruction on how to display stuff on the MFD, it might as well be greek to me. but it is something to consider as a project for someone.

also the HOTAS profile which was supposedly added in the patch does not exist. not in steam controller support, nor steam controller profiles. or anywhere in ksp. the only profiles in steam controller profiles from squad were for the XBone and the steam controller.

Edited by Chris Solomon

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.