[1.9.x] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn

linuxgurugamer

On 1/5/2019 at 4:09 PM, max-peck said:

Hi there - I have just come here to say exactly the same thing.

My contract offers are to build a Mun or Minmus station, but they both keep switching on and off rapidly in mission control

Hopefully somebody can find a solution

Many thanks in advance 

I have the same issue as well.

I have a question...

I added this mod to an existing save, got a contract to perform an Atmospheric Pressure Scan on an existing station, didn't have the part, had to research the part, got it, added to a craft with a kerbal, went and docked with the station that it [which is at a 150k orbit around Kerbin]  was not able to do the experiment, it said, "unable to perform at this time....." 

Just thought I would pass this along.

Edited by gamerscircle

Same here.  I have a few contract packs installed, and only Bases and Stations is effected.  For me, missions to launch a station will become available and then disappear within a few seconds.  Clicking on the "Launch a Station" mission when none are available shows all criteria met except for "Target Not Sun".  The behavior looks almost like it's still re-rolling the contracts after they appear on the mission board, despite having multi-day expiration timers.

I didn't see anything useful in the log, but let me know if there's any info I can send you @linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, TicTac said:

Same here.  I have a few contract packs installed, and only Bases and Stations is effected.  For me, missions to launch a station will become available and then disappear within a few seconds.  Clicking on the "Launch a Station" mission when none are available shows all criteria met except for "Target Not Sun".  The behavior looks almost like it's still re-rolling the contracts after they appear on the mission board, despite having multi-day expiration timers.

I didn't see anything useful in the log, but let me know if there's any info I can send you @linuxgurugamer

This sounds like a Contract Configurator issue

Hey, as well as the aforementioned issue with the contracts flicking in and out, I've encountered a bug with not receiving payouts for optional contract parameters. Specifically, I just did the "Launch the Duna Space Station" mission, and completed it with a science lab, which should have given me an extra 500k(ish). In the record of completed contracts, it says "Completed" next to it and shows the amount I should've received, but I certainly didn't get it. Is this likely another CC issue?

On 1/13/2019 at 11:59 AM, gamerscircle said:

I have a question...

I added this mod to an existing save, got a contract to perform an Atmospheric Pressure Scan on an existing station, didn't have the part, had to research the part, got it, added to a craft with a kerbal, went and docked with the station that it [which is at a 150k orbit around Kerbin]  was not able to do the experiment, it said, "unable to perform at this time....." 

Just thought I would pass this along.

@linuxgurugamer is also a contract config issue?  If it is, how do go about asking for assistance?

On 1/21/2019 at 6:16 PM, Firex said:

Hey, as well as the aforementioned issue with the contracts flicking in and out, I've encountered a bug with not receiving payouts for optional contract parameters. Specifically, I just did the "Launch the Duna Space Station" mission, and completed it with a science lab, which should have given me an extra 500k(ish). In the record of completed contracts, it says "Completed" next to it and shows the amount I should've received, but I certainly didn't get it. Is this likely another CC issue?

Yes

1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

Okay.. as a 'Player' what am I going to tell them.. that I am using your mod and that when I did, "copy and past my situation" and ... that is it?

List the version of CC, the mod the contract was in, and then all the details you listed above.  If you happen to have the log file, include that as well.

Sorry about the brevity last night, I was busy and didn't have time to say any more

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, altrue said:

The problem seems to come from the value "maxSimultaneous" not being set in the "CONTRACT_TYPE" of StationCore.cfg

Sorry, it wouldn't let me write outside of the quote, but I found this, related to the bug with the contracts.... The base and station contracts in the normal game are horrible, i've always enjoyed this contract pack, and right now its not working, (but if you can put in that fix, i would be extremely appreciative! I know your extremely busy, and understand if it takes a few days). I really want this pack to be part of my game....

Thanks!

nevermind i fixed it myself

//A file to hold all Contract Groups used in Kerbin Space Station, so I don't have to update all the files every time a new version of CC comes out.
CONTRACT_GROUP
{
    name = BasesandStations
    displayName = Bases and Stations
    minVersion = 1.21.0
     maxSimultaneous = 3
    disabledContractType = StationContract
    disabledContractType = BaseContract
    agent = Duna One
    DATA
    {
        type = int
        randomRoll = Random(1,10)
    }
}

Edit: I'm not sure what the limit should be, I have been testing it, and 5+ starts messing it up!

Edited by betony1

On 3/30/2019 at 8:31 PM, betony1 said:

Sorry, it wouldn't let me write outside of the quote, but I found this, related to the bug with the contracts.... The base and station contracts in the normal game are horrible, i've always enjoyed this contract pack, and right now its not working, (but if you can put in that fix, i would be extremely appreciative! I know your extremely busy, and understand if it takes a few days). I really want this pack to be part of my game....

Thanks!

On 3/30/2019 at 8:50 PM, betony1 said:

nevermind i fixed it myself

Edit: I'm not sure what the limit should be, I have been testing it, and 5+ starts messing it up!

From the original quote which suggested a fix:-

"The problem seems to come from the value "maxSimultaneous" not being set in the "CONTRACT_TYPE" of StationCore.cfg"

It's found at "KSP\GameData\ContractPacks\KerbinSpaceStation\StationMissions\StationCore.cfg".

I point this out because, from my observations thusfar, in the other popular contract packs the "maxSimultaneous" value is always found under the "CONTRACT_TYPE" section. Am I correct in guessing that you're in fact looking at "KSP\GameData\ContractPacks\KerbinSpaceStation\BasesandStations.cfg"?

Would you not be better placing the "maxSimultaneous" value in StationCore.cfg, as originally suggested? That's what I'm gonna try.

As for what the actual number should be, I've not looked all that closely at this pack nor the others, yet. Is 3 a reasonable number, maybe?

o7

11 hours ago, MisfitMarius said:

From the original quote which suggested a fix:-

"The problem seems to come from the value "maxSimultaneous" not being set in the "CONTRACT_TYPE" of StationCore.cfg"

It's found at "KSP\GameData\ContractPacks\KerbinSpaceStation\StationMissions\StationCore.cfg".

I point this out because, from my observations thusfar, in the other popular contract packs the "maxSimultaneous" value is always found under the "CONTRACT_TYPE" section. Am I correct in guessing that you're in fact looking at "KSP\GameData\ContractPacks\KerbinSpaceStation\BasesandStations.cfg"?

Would you not be better placing the "maxSimultaneous" value in StationCore.cfg, as originally suggested? That's what I'm gonna try.

As for what the actual number should be, I've not looked all that closely at this pack nor the others, yet. Is 3 a reasonable number, maybe?

o7

Please let me kno wa the result of your tests.

And 3 sounds reasonable

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please let me kno wa the result of your tests.

And 3 sounds reasonable

Will do, though TBH, the install I'm working on already has 80+ mods and I'm not done yet, so it may be a while before I can make suitable tests. In the more immediate term, maybe we'd be better pinging @betony1 and @altrue for their input, as they have more experience of the issue.

That said, I'll apply the suggested changes, and as and when I get my install up and running I will report back.

Thanks for all your hard work on this mod, and all the others o7

@linuxgurugamer I've submitted a github PR to add support for the latest syntax of USI-LS converters to the BaseMissions/BaseSelf-Sufficiency.cfg contract. I ran into this in my career game today and couldn't meet the contract requirements with the parts I had available without updating the contract.

@Tonka Crash @MisfitMarius

I've applied both your changes to my local repo.

I'm going to hold off on the release for a few days in case any more changes become necessary

Thanks for the PR & messages about the issues

On 4/1/2019 at 4:00 AM, MisfitMarius said:

For now I've added it to both, but commented it out in in the StationCore.cfg file.  The idea behind the CONTRACT_GROUP is that each contract references the group, and all the group settings are applied to the contract

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...