[1.9.x] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, Red Dwarf said:

If I install this mod while I have a stock station contract active, will that contract be effected?

Since it would require you to disable Stock base contracts with Contract Configurator, I would say yes, and could bork your save.

On 3/5/2020 at 12:39 PM, infinite_monkey said:

For me, the "Launch a new Station" contract doesn't show up at all, not even as unavailable. I already have a station in orbit due to a stock contract. Could that be the reason?

I also noticed that in StationCore.cfg, line 285 still says "KopernicusSolarPanel" instead of "KopernicusSolarPanels" - is this a different module or just an oversight?

EDIT: yep, confirmed: after fixing line 285, the contracts shows up!

Confirmed, same issue, same fix.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, just wanted to report an issue with Science Expansion contract.

Im getting the contract complete from launchpad,

"have a science lab" (im having from launchpad) checked

"land within 500m of [the objective]" CHECKED! (i have other vessels landed near the objective, but not this one!)

"new vessel" checked

Hope this helps,

Regards!

20 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

@linuxgurugamer Can you please deal with the bugs mentioned above, including the missing "KopernicusSolarPanels"?

IIRC, the KopernicusSolarPanels thing, is a module from Kopernicus itself... so *THAT* *might* need to be addressed on the Kop thread... I know there were issues with it awhile ago, I know they (IIRC either Sigma or ThomasP vOv) has recently done quite a bit of fiddling with it... Idk if it has been fixed or is still an issue, tho.. vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

IIRC, the KopernicusSolarPanels thing, is a module from Kopernicus itself... so *THAT* would need to be addressed on the Kop thread... I know there were issues with it awhile ago, I know they (IIRC either Sigma or ThomasP vOv) has recently done quite a bit of fiddling with it... Idk if it has been fixed or is still an issue, tho.. vOv

TBH, I don't understand what exactly should be reported to Kopernicus authors (yes, that means you can do it). But if changing the (famous) line 285 fixes this mod, a patch would be enough. But then there's still the bug juvilado reported.

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2020 at 2:35 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

No promises, I'll try to look at this sometime in the next few days

Just a heads up - In an upcoming version of SCANSat, it appears all the part names are changing, and old parts won't be researchable...

In ContractPacks/KerbinSpaceStation/BaseMissions.cfg, on line 78, there's a reference to one of the old part names - I *think* that the new equivalent part name (the lowest-tech SAR scanner) is scansat-sar-paz-1 (as opposed to SCANsat_Scanner2). However, I'm not exactly sure how the new parts are going to function; I just happened to run into this when testing things out.

6 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Just a heads up - In an upcoming version of SCANSat, it appears all the part names are changing, and old parts won't be researchable...

In ContractPacks/KerbinSpaceStation/BaseMissions.cfg, on line 78, there's a reference to one of the old part names - I *think* that the new equivalent part name (the lowest-tech SAR scanner) is scansat-sar-paz-1 (as opposed to SCANsat_Scanner2). However, I'm not exactly sure how the new parts are going to function; I just happened to run into this when testing things out.

Thank you.  I'll just wait until it releases

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure that this contract pack is compatible with 1.9, since Contract Configurator doesn't work in 1.9. @nightingale seems to confirm this here:

On 7/2/2020 at 2:08 AM, nightingale said:

[...]

Next step I will compile against KSP 1.9, and see if I can fix some of the issues that are being reported (I'll need to read through a bunch of threads that I've ignored for a while).  Hopefully that will be in the next week.  After that, I'll take a look and see what KSP 1.10 looks like.

No word since.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 7:15 AM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I can confirm this is correct. When the two part names are interchanged the "Basescan" contract triggers as it should. For some reason the Contract Configurator menu (and thus the debugger) do not appear so I will run through the contract chain to see if it continues to function from scan > rover > base build and update this post with the results.

After completing the high resolution scan the scout (rover) contract was offered. :D

Edited by SilentWindOfDoom

• 2 months later...

There is a compatibility issue using this mod with Kopernicus bleeding edge, and possibly with more recent stable versions of Kopernicus. The module "KopernicusSolarPanel" was renamed to "KopernicusSolarPanels". As a result, contracts for launching space stations won't show up.

[LOG 04:57:51.165] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'StationCore'
[ERR 04:57:51.175] ContractConfigurator.PartModuleUnlockedRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'StationCore', REQUIREMENT 'PartModuleUnlocked' of type 'PartModuleUnlocked': A validation error occured while loading the key 'partModule' with value 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]'.
[EXC 04:57:51.177] ArgumentException: No PartModule class for 'KopernicusSolarPanel'.

This can be fixed by renaming the module to "KopernicusSolarPanels" in GameData/ContractPacks/KerbinSpaceStation/StationMissions/StationCore.cfg

• 2 months later...

OK So I already scanned the mun and minmus with hires altimetry, and didn't realize the base contracts weren't triggering because the part named changed. I went into the configs and removed that requirement to have the part unlocked, but all the other conditions are still unmet. Will it just never make contracts for bodies that were scanned before I changed the contract requirements? "must have orbited a body with a surface that hasn't had a HiRes scan performed" and "Must have between 0% and 80% high resolution altimetry coverage of the target body"  are both still unmet even with me having 100% coverage of both Mun and Minmus. Is there a way I can go back and fix this somewhere in the configs or in the save file?

u1KWMGh.png

I have read the faq, but isn't it supposed to show contracts for building space stations too? Or does it still rely on the stock contracts, and then extend the playability of those stations? I have all the requirements by the way, science lab, docking ports and solar panels unlocked and purchased.

21 hours ago, KawaiiLucy said:

u1KWMGh.png

I have read the faq, but isn't it supposed to show contracts for building space stations too? Or does it still rely on the stock contracts, and then extend the playability of those stations? I have all the requirements by the way, science lab, docking ports and solar panels unlocked and purchased.

Doesn't mean that all contracts are shown all the time.  All simply shows all the offered contracts

Some other contract packs , specially the ones that provide many contracts, show this behavior too: there are say 10 or 20 contracts with met requisites, but only a few are offered at any given time.

I see this as a handicap. Why shouldn't I chose the one I want amongst 20 unlocked contracts?  Is this standard Contract Configurator behavior?

@Caerfinon, for your knowledge. 

14 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

Some other contract packs , specially the ones that provide many contracts, show this behavior too: there are say 10 or 20 contracts with met requisites, but only a few are offered at any given time.

I see this as a handicap. Why shouldn't I chose the one I want amongst 20 unlocked contracts?  Is this standard Contract Configurator behavior?

Why?  Are you saying that real life is unfair it? Why should everything be available all the time?  

28 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

I'm aware of the limitations. Contract Configurator only offers the available contracts based on conditions met and sometimes the conditions are a maximum number of simultaneous missions within a group.

You can always modify the max simultaneous settings in the contract or group files in your current game to suit your preferences, but that may well affect the balance that the author was trying to achieve with the contract pack.

50 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

I'm aware of the limitations. Contract Configurator only offers the available contracts based on conditions met and sometimes the conditions are a maximum number of simultaneous missions within a group.

You can always modify the max simultaneous settings in the contract or group files in your current game to suit your preferences, but that may well affect the balance that the author was trying to achieve with the contract pack.

Yes interesting. I thought about meddling with the max allowed available contracts but I do concern it may mess things up. 

The thing is, contracts are there to give you a challenge, at the same time it allows you to go through testing/proofing your designs. When a contract pack gives you a lot of options but limit those options to a random max allowed contracts, there is a chance it will only make available things you don't want to do. This pack for instance. It allows lots of things to do with stations and bases. Assume you just designed a lander you want to test.... and the max alowed contracts keeps giving you only station contracts. It is something to think about.

So yes @linuxgurugamer life is unfair. Give you an example: you try to start an adult conversation with people you admire and one of them answer you with a "boohoo, tough tiddies" kinda of answer. Not what I expected.

1 minute ago, Daniel Prates said:

So yes @linuxgurugamer life is unfair. Give you an example: you try to start an adult conversation with people you admire and one of them answer you with a "boohoo, tough tiddies" kinda of answer. Not what I expected.

My answer was not meant to be insulting, sorry if you took it that way.  I was trying to point out that the contract represent, in a very small way, what happens in real life.

For example, I would love to get a contract to work on KSP full time. I have the skills, the desire, and the knowledge.  Unfortunately, they don't need anyone at this time, so I don't get a contract, even though I'm qualified.

You don't need a contract to test out a design.  The contract merely provides a challenge and a reward for completing the contract.

You don't have to accept a contract if you don't' want it, you can wait for another to be made available. 

The contract system provides random challenges