[1.9.x] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn

linuxgurugamer

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Doesn't mean that all contracts are shown all the time.  All simply shows all the offered contracts

I have never seen them change though, I thought it lists all that are included in the pack, and then makes some available based on rng. I assumed since "launching a space station core" isn't there it was missing?

1 hour ago, KawaiiLucy said:

I have never seen them change though, I thought it lists all that are included in the pack, and then makes some available based on rng. I assumed since "launching a space station core" isn't there it was missing?

Just accept whichever contract appears and do it, apparently. The mod creator knows better than you what you want to do. Or so I have been schooled recently. Life is unfair.

• 1 month later...

Hiya, just got back into KSP and have started work on the moons with Better Tourism, Bases & Stations, and SCANsat. I think I've tracked down why I'm not getting any base building missions.

The "BaseScan" contract type seems to have a dependency on a SCANsat part no longer in use. The earliest (on the tech tree at Advanced Electrics) hi-res radar altimetry part is now named "scansat-sar-paz-1". I believe that part name should replace "SCANsat_Scanner2" in the REQUIREMENT:NEEDS[SCANsat] section of BaseScan.cfg.

With that fix, the BaseScan contract can be completed and the BaseRover contract becomes available. I think BaseRover must be done before BaseCreate is made available, because BaseCreate seems to require a rover specifically built for BaseRover. BaseRover requires that there's no rover on the body, but with the new contracts available from Some Assembly Required, the player is given free rovers to repair all over the place. An easy fix is to change the vessel type after the repair rover contract is done, but maybe the requirements in BaseRover could be loosened a bit, or perhaps BaseCreate could require any rover, not just the BaseRover rover.

Hope this is helpful, and thanks a thousand times for all the great mods you're keeping alive, @linuxgurugamer!

8 hours ago, Jellybug said:

Hiya, just got back into KSP and have started work on the moons with Better Tourism, Bases & Stations, and SCANsat. I think I've tracked down why I'm not getting any base building missions.

The "BaseScan" contract type seems to have a dependency on a SCANsat part no longer in use. The earliest (on the tech tree at Advanced Electrics) hi-res radar altimetry part is now named "scansat-sar-paz-1". I believe that part name should replace "SCANsat_Scanner2" in the REQUIREMENT:NEEDS[SCANsat] section of BaseScan.cfg.

With that fix, the BaseScan contract can be completed and the BaseRover contract becomes available. I think BaseRover must be done before BaseCreate is made available, because BaseCreate seems to require a rover specifically built for BaseRover. BaseRover requires that there's no rover on the body, but with the new contracts available from Some Assembly Required, the player is given free rovers to repair all over the place. An easy fix is to change the vessel type after the repair rover contract is done, but maybe the requirements in BaseRover could be loosened a bit, or perhaps BaseCreate could require any rover, not just the BaseRover rover.

Hope this is helpful, and thanks a thousand times for all the great mods you're keeping alive, @linuxgurugamer!

very helpful, thank you

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Phelidai said:

I'm not seeing a "Launch Station Core" mission in the possible contracts window, whereas I remember seeing such a mission in a different playthrough a few months back. Is this expected behavior?

All depends on ContractConfigurator

ContractConfigurator lists Bases and Stations as active, and I see most of the contracts I normally would. Here's what the possible contacts list looks like for me:  

Spoiler

zHHI80P.png

Also, here's my log file in case you need it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VcaHSNpwuz8ZSu-vJVANiRGtQOkTzvYR/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be very much appreciated! :D

Seconding the above, was originally suspecting my weirdly modded game but I'm not getting a "Launch Station Core" contract as visible either. Everything else appears to be visible. Can't really add much else - but hey, now we know for sure it's an issue more than one person has.

In other news, I ended up designing a Bases & Stations logo to better match the various agencies and corporations in KSP, in place of the base flag built into the mod.  It's just a quick modification of one of the stock flags - anyone's  free to use it if you like!
 StationLogo.png

and the scaled version:
StationLogoScaled.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 10:45 AM, wisdomsavingthrow said:

Seconding the above, was originally suspecting my weirdly modded game but I'm not getting a "Launch Station Core" contract as visible either. Everything else appears to be visible. Can't really add much else - but hey, now we know for sure it's an issue more than one person has.

In other news, I ended up designing a Bases & Stations logo to better match the various agencies and corporations in KSP, in place of the base flag built into the mod.  It's just a quick modification of one of the stock flags - anyone's  free to use it if you like!
 StationLogo.png

and the scaled version:
StationLogoScaled.png

Same here. Checking CC shows the StationCore as "Disabled item".

f6e9ade524.png

The error:

[LOG 18:26:59.338] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'StationCore'
[ERR 18:26:59.346] ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'StationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidationRTG' of type 'PartValidation': A validation error occured while loading the key 'partModule' with value 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]'.

[EXC 18:26:59.348] ArgumentException: No PartModule class for 'KopernicusSolarPanels'.
	ContractConfigurator.Validation.ValidatePartModule (System.String name) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
	System.Linq.Enumerable.All[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] predicate) (at <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0)
	ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory+<>c.<Load>b__3_6 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] x) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[T] (ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1[T] setter, ContractConfigurator.IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, T defaultValue, System.Func`2[T,TResult] validation) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
	ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory:Load(ConfigNode)
	ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)
	ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)
	ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
	ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractTypeConfig>d__31:MoveNext()
	ContractConfigurator.<FinalizeContractTypeLoad>d__30:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[WRN 18:26:59.351] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'StationCore'

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cunn5suhlsxwjsv/KSP.log?dl=0

New release, 3.7.2.5

• Changed module name of KopernicusSolarPanels to KopernicusSolarPanel,     needed for latest version of Kopernicus.  Note:  For those few users using the older Sigma version of Kopernicus on 1.8.1, this will fail.  I've set the .version to make this 1.9.1 and later to avoid most of those issues

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm getting what looks like stock base and station contracts also showing up even though this mod is installed which I understand should disable the stock ones, is this because I installed the mod after starting the career stock?  ie Does the stock contract disabling only occur at career start?

j0Bkb7b.png

Edited by Kerolyov

22 minutes ago, Kerolyov said:

which I understand should disable the stock ones

You can check which stock contract groups are enabled in the Contract Configurator Settings. If the stock base contracts are enabled, you can disable them there.

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2021 at 11:51 PM, Krzeszny said:

How to make this mod support Stockalike Station Parts? Contracts that require a science lab or a cupola only accept stock ones :(

@linuxgurugamer

Or maybe it's not a problem with all contracts but just ones from Duna One (which I'd still like to change):

gEKMvF3.pngZP75nBy.png

Edited by Krzeszny

1 hour ago, Krzeszny said:

just ones from Duna One (which I'd still like to change)

The file GameData\ContractPacks\KerbinSpaceStation\StationMissions\StationCore.cfg defines the parameters as follows;

Cupola:

//OPTIONAL Checks for cupola
		PARAMETER
        {
            name = PartValidation
            type = PartValidation
            title = Include a cupola (optional)
			optional = true
			hideChildren = true

part = cupola
            minCount = 1

}

You could patch it to with additional "part =" lines for the parts you would like to see considered. Multiple part entries will all be considered.

Science Lab:

//OPTIONAL Checks for science labs from various mods
		PARAMETER
		{
			name = ScienceModuleValidation
			type = Any
			optional = true
			completeInSequence = true

PARAMETER
			{
				name = ScienceLab
				type = PartValidation
				title = Include a Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2
				rewardFunds = 75000.0
				hideChildren = true

partModule = ModuleScienceLab
			}

PARAMETER:NEEDS[StationScience]
			{
				name = PartValidation
				type = PartValidation
				title = Include a TH-NKR Research Lab
				rewardFunds = 85000.0
				hideChildren = true

part = StnSciLab
			}

PARAMETER:NEEDS[Kerbalism]
			{
				name = PartValidation
				type = PartValidation
				title = Include a Science Laboratory
				rewardFunds = 75000.0
				hideChildren = true

partModule = Laboratory
			}
		}

In this example any science lab that has one of the listed part modules will be considered valid. You can add a new parameter to identify the partmodule for the ones you want, or add a parameter that merely is a list of parts like the cupola one.