[1.9.x] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn

linuxgurugamer

On 9/16/2021 at 1:01 PM, Caerfinon said:

In this example any science lab that has one of the listed part modules will be considered valid. You can add a new parameter to identify the partmodule for the ones you want, or add a parameter that merely is a list of parts like the cupola one.

Thank you. I did the modifications you suggested but I'd like to also include a universal patch (but I can't code). Can you give me one that accepts any parts with ModuleScienceLab that arent't included in the list (so they don't duplicate)? I'd like it to say "Include X" that uses the part's name and the reward to be Y times the cost of that part.

On 9/16/2021 at 1:01 PM, Caerfinon said:

You could patch it to with additional "part =" lines for the parts you would like to see considered. Multiple part entries will all be considered.

If I patched it with a part from a mod that isn't installed, would it cause errors?

And lastly, I wanted to make a new mission but it's getting more and more complicated. I'm not sure if it's worth doing, as I can't code so I can only ask others to code for me (well, to be specifically, to code a patch that hopefully gets added to this contract pack).

The simplified version is as follows. Modify this to check for ModuleScienceLab instead of that part:

targetVessel1 = AllVessels().Where(v => v.Parts().Contains(Large_Crewed_Lab) == false && v.VesselType() == Station && v.CrewCount() > 0).Random()

and make the contract scale the rewards based on the mass and costs of the science lab you choose to haul to the station.

And here's a more complex idea, probably too complex:

Contract Configurator would choose a random station without ModuleScienceLab. Then it checks for the radial size of the biggest part. It then gives the mission to dock a science lab of matching size, which it also checks for from the available parts. However, since there are sometimes multiple science labs of the same size, it gives you the option to bring any of those with different rewards scaling with mass, and refunds the cost of the part, too. It also checks whether the station has a centrifuge. If it doesn't have one and the appropriate size has a science lab with a centrifuge, it asks you to bring the centrifuge lab specifically.  If there's already a centrifuge, it asks you to bring a non-centrifuge lab of the appropriate size.

Edited by Krzeszny

2 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

Thank you. I did the modifications you suggested but I'd like to also include a universal patch (but I can't code). Can you give me one that accepts any parts with ModuleScienceLab that arent't included in the list (so they don't duplicate)? I'd like it to say "Include X" that uses the part's name and the reward to be Y times the cost of that part.

This can only partially be done. Contract Configurator does not know the cost of parts, but you could add mod specific stanzas with a list of parts.

If you kept a table of variables either at the contract level or the contract group level that listed the value of specific parts in an array then you could do your reward scheme.

Spoiler
//OPTIONAL Checks for science labs from various mods
PARAMETER:NEEDS[ModWithMissingSciencelabs]
{
	name = PartValidation
	type = PartValidation
	title = Include labs from ModWithMissingSciencelabs
	optional = true
	hideChildren = true
	part = somepart1
	part = somepart2
	part = somepart3
}

If I patched it with a part from a mod that isn't installed, would it cause errors?

Contract configurator may or may not throw an exception, but if you protect the parameter stanza with a :NEEDS[mod]  statement, then you should be fine.

And here's a more complex idea, probably too complex

The best way to learn how contracts work is to read some of the better ones. I started looking at making my own contracts in November of 2020 and I didn't know squat about how Contract Configurator worked. I read contract packs by nightingale (Field Science, Tourism Plus), Inigma (original GAP), DMagic (SCANStat), and Keniamin (Kerbin Side GAP) and deduced what their code was doing and adapted their stanzas to ideas I wanted to do in a contract. Also a lot of reading tin the CC wiki was very helpful. Eventually after some trial and error I got the hang of it and I now have 3 published Contract Packs.

Further discussion of contract code should probably take place in the Contract Configurator thread or a WIP Dev thread

• 2 weeks later...

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux adds 5 new station core parts:

• 1.25m station core
  • 1.875m station core
  • 2.5m station core
  • 3.75m station core
  • 5m station core

Do you think the "Launch the Space Station!" contract should require a station core if at least one of those parts is researched?

If not, how much should including a station core part pay?

Edited by Krzeszny

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux adds 5 new station core parts:

• 1.25m station core
  • 1.875m station core
  • 2.5m station core
  • 3.75m station core
  • 5m station core

Do you think the "Launch the Space Station!" contract should require a station core if at least one of those parts is researched?

If not, how much should including a station core part pay?

How about a separate set of contracts directly addressing these parts?  Forcing all space station contracts to use one of these core parts restricts a player's ability to do his own thing with his own parts, etc.

23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How about a separate set of contracts directly addressing these parts?  Forcing all space station contracts to use one of these core parts restricts a player's ability to do his own thing with his own parts, etc.

Well, new station contracts already force players to have a docking node, 4 crew spaces, power generation and at least 1 unit of supplies. If the contract is meant to be a station core, I see nothing wrong with challenging players to bring 1 out of 5 cores of their choosing, if they have SSPXR installed.

I think it would make more sense to require a station core part but not require 4 crew spaces and supplies, perhaps not even power generation if it's just a literal station core with docking ports, when it comes to restricting players.

Edited by Krzeszny

Hello guys! I'm trying this mod out and i really enjoying it! I play carriere hard mode with kerbalism, SSPXR, SCANsat and others in 1.12.2.
After I builded my kerbin orbital station there is a mission to build a Minmus orbital station with a cupola and science laboratory (optional both).
Now how can you see from the image, ksp is recognizing the lab part "PMA-3 'Nature' Science Lab" but not the cupola part "PAS-C 'Porthole' Observation Window".
Is that as intended? 

Spoiler

2iUnuah.png

On 10/4/2021 at 9:24 AM, visssius said:

Hello guys! I'm trying this mod out and i really enjoying it! I play carriere hard mode with kerbalism, SSPXR, SCANsat and others in 1.12.2.
After I builded my kerbin orbital station there is a mission to build a Minmus orbital station with a cupola and science laboratory (optional both).
Now how can you see from the image, ksp is recognizing the lab part "PMA-3 'Nature' Science Lab" but not the cupola part "PAS-C 'Porthole' Observation Window".
Is that as intended? 

Hide contents

2iUnuah.png

That cupola on the top? It is from station partsvredux mod isn't it? Maybe the contract demands that stock cupola and doesnt recognize mod parts.

Try with this one:

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/PPD-12_Cupola_Module

On 10/4/2021 at 8:24 AM, visssius said:

Is that as intended? 

9 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

That cupola on the top? It is from station partsvredux mod isn't it? Maybe the contract demands that stock cupola

What @visssius is correct.  Currently it is hard-coded to only look for the stock cupola.

The problem is that the cupola doesn't have any special modules in  it,  while the Science Lab does.

I'll see if I can add something which will help, but it might not work for all, especially if  the translated name doesn't include the word "cupola" (I'll see if I can search for a part with the word "cupola" in the title)

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What @visssius is correct.  Currently it is hard-coded to only look for the stock cupola.

I think you mean "@me" and not @vissius. 

Lgg I saw the help you asked in the contract configurator page. I dont want to butt in too much there but, see, if what you asked turns out to be unpractical, you could just add  code for the few modded cupolas that exist out there. There are only a few; hab tech 2 has one, station parts redux has another (or is it two?) and thats it.  If you like, give me a few days and I'll comb that out for you, all mods that have cupolas or heavily glazed parts and the part names. What else would you require?

On 10/8/2021 at 11:09 PM, Daniel Prates said:

Lgg I saw the help you asked in the contract configurator page. I dont want to butt in too much there but, see, if what you asked turns out to be unpractical, you could just add  code for the few modded cupolas that exist out there. There are only a few; hab tech 2 has one, station parts redux has another (or is it two?) and thats it.  If you like, give me a few days and I'll comb that out for you, all mods that have cupolas or heavily glazed parts and the part names. What else would you require?

That would certainly help. I was thinking of doing that, at least with SSPx.  Go ahead, I'll wait for you to do that.

LGG

On 10/10/2021 at 8:03 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

That would certainly help. I was thinking of doing that, at least with SSPx.  Go ahead, I'll wait for you to do that.

LGG

Right, as far as cupolas go:

HAB TECH 2 has one, the part is called HT-C125 OBSERVATION MODULE

name = ht2_moduleCupola

KERBAL PLANETARY BASE SYSTEMS has one too, the part is called K&K PLANETARY CUPOLA

name = KKAOSS_Cupola_g

STATION PARTS REDUX have quite a few; I consider some proper cupolas and others more like heavily glazed command pods, but why not be generous? those are: a) PPD-24 'PANOMARA' OBSERVATION MODULE; b) PAS-C 'PORTHOLE' OBSERVATION WINDOW; c) PMA-C 'PANOPTES'  OBSERVATION MODULE; d) PAS-G 'G4RD3N' HYDROPONICS CUPOLA; e) PXL-9 'VISTA' ASTROGATION MODULE

name = sspx-dome-cupola-5-1

name = sspx-cupola-greenhouse-125-1

name = sspx-observation-25-1

name = sspx-cupola-125-1

name = sspx-cupola-375-1

name = sspx-cupola-1875-1

Hey @Nertea could you do us a BIG FAVOR? Linuxgurugamer is trying to index all cupolas from station parts into this contract pack, and I am helping comb out all cupolas from all mods. Turns out you have a unique system to name your parts in the config files am I am not sure if the part I mention at the start are the ones in the second list ... could you check the parts I named above and see if the part names (taken from the configs) are correct? 

Now I see no proper 'cupola' on BLUEDOG DESIGN BUREAU, although it has parts for a complete Skylab (which had no cupola). I think naming one of those parts a 'cupola' is forcing it too much. So though it is a mod with proper space stations, no cupola there. 

TANTARES: yup, Tantares has one. It is speculative I guess, I don't remember Saluyt et al having anything like it, but there it is. The part is called NASHIRA "UTSLKT" SIZE 1 CUPOLA. 

name = nashira_cupola_s1_1

Too bad about BDB, I really wanted to count some of those parts as a cupola. There are some obital modules with windows that use the 'hitckhker' as an IVA, but with a couple of small rounded windows, it is forcing it too much to call them cupolas I guess. 

Well... that's about it: all cupolas in the kerbalverse, that I can remeber, in mods that are current or at least some 2 or 3 versions old. Someone correct me if I am wrong. 

Edited by Daniel Prates

1 hour ago, -MadMan- said:

Station have TH-NKR Res lab. But i cant get contract

The picture says:

May only have 3 offered/active Bases and Station contracts at a time:  Unmet
Must have a station with a TH-NKR Research Lab and without a F-RRY Zoology Bay: Unmet
Must have unlocked part F-RRY Zoology Bay: Met

So you have two unmet lines.  The second line has two conditions, it MUST have the TH-NKR, and CANNOT have the F-RRY.  One of the two is unmet

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The picture says:

Must have a station with a TH-NKR Research Lab and without a F-RRY Zoology Bay: Unmet

So you have two unmet lines.  The second line has two conditions, it MUST have the TH-NKR, and CANNOT have the F-RRY.  One of the two is unmet

Station have the TH-NKR and doesn't have the F-RRY. All  conditions are met. 

Hello guys! Thanks a lot for considering my post on the cupolas!
Btw I have an other issue. So let me explain:
I accepted a supply run to my Minmus Station and bring some food(>1). Now since it takes days to arrive there, I accepted an other Supply Run Mission to my Kerbin station!
When I docked to the Kerbin station, the other mission was considered failed... so I thought that I have to do them in the right order (since I accepted the Minmus first, let me dock that one first), but it didn't work out.
The Supply Run Mission to Kerbin was considered failed once I docked with my second craft to the Minmus Station... considering it completed but the kerbin supply run considered failed like in the img.
So do I have to accept and complete one at a time? Waiting all the time neccessary for the mission to complete, without being able to accept other missions of the same kind, forcing me to skip them?

Thank you again for your precious time!

Spoiler

QnLfxfs.png

Edited by visssius

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The picture says:

One more contract

cbf0ePE.jpeg

I have just one station with only  the TH-NKR. No D-ZZY. Т No F-RRY.

10 hours ago, -MadMan- said:

One more contract

cbf0ePE.jpeg

I have just one station with only  the TH-NKR. No D-ZZY. Т No F-RRY.

A copy of the save file would be useful

17 hours ago, visssius said:

Hello guys! Thanks a lot for considering my post on the cupolas!
Btw I have an other issue. So let me explain:
I accepted a supply run to my Minmus Station and bring some food(>1). Now since it takes days to arrive there, I accepted an other Supply Run Mission to my Kerbin station!
When I docked to the Kerbin station, the other mission was considered failed... so I thought that I have to do them in the right order (since I accepted the Minmus first, let me dock that one first), but it didn't work out.
The Supply Run Mission to Kerbin was considered failed once I docked with my second craft to the Minmus Station... considering it completed but the kerbin supply run considered failed like in the img.
So do I have to accept and complete one at a time? Waiting all the time neccessary for the mission to complete, without being able to accept other missions of the same kind, forcing me to skip them?

Sounds like CC got confused.  Would be best to do one at a time

New release, 3.7.2.6

• Thanks to forum user @Daniel Prates for gathering the needed information:
    • Added following Cupolas from various mods:
      • sspx-dome-cupola-5-1
      • sspx-cupola-greenhouse-125-1
      • sspx-observation-25-1
      • sspx-cupola-125-1
      • sspx-cupola-375-1
      • sspx-cupola-1875-1
      • KKAOSS_Cupola_g
      • ht2_moduleCupola

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 3.7.2.6

• Thanks to forum user @Daniel Prates for gathering the needed information:
    • Added following Cupolas from various mods:
      • sspx-dome-cupola-5-1
      • sspx-cupola-greenhouse-125-1
      • sspx-observation-25-1
      • sspx-cupola-125-1
      • sspx-cupola-375-1
      • sspx-cupola-1875-1
      • KKAOSS_Cupola_g
      • ht2_moduleCupola

Oh we are the ones who are thankful!

@visssius you requested this one, do you mind doing some testing? I am specially curious about the SSPR parts, because the names on the configs are a bit unusual.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:55 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

The picture says:

ModuleStationScienceZoologyBay.cfg

//Find a Station with a Research Lab but without a Zoology Bay
	DATA
    {
        type = Vessel
		uniquenessCheck = CONTRACT_ACTIVE
		requiredValue = true
		targetVessel1 = AllVessels().Where(v => v.Parts().Contains(StnSciZoo) == false && v.Parts().Contains(StnSciLab) == true && v.VesselType() == Station && v.CrewCount() > 0).SelectUnique()
		//targetVessel2 = @targetVessel1.Where(v => v.Parts().Contains(StnSciZoo) == false && v.Parts().Contains(StnSciLab) == true)
		title = Must have a station with a TH-NKR Research Lab and without a F-RRY Zoology Bay

3 conditions? The station MUST have crew?

StationCore contract won't load for me anymore after this patch. Based on the error, it sounds like it's because I don't have HabTech2 installed (I have all the other mods installed whose parts are listed in the config): 

Spoiler

[LOG 02:26:43.583] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'StationCore'

[ERR 02:26:43.590] ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'StationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidation' of type 'PartValidation': Error parsing part

[EXC 02:26:43.592] ArgumentException: 'ht2_moduleCupola' is not a valid Part.
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.PartParser.ParseIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.BaseParser+Token token) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.BaseParser+Token token) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseSimpleStatement[TResult] () (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseStatementInner[TResult] () (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseStatement[TResult] () (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.
    Error occurred near '*':
    ht2_moduleCupola
    ................* <-- HERE
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[T] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, System.Boolean allowExpression) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[T] (ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Boolean allowExpression) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[T] (ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1[T] setter, ContractConfigurator.IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, T defaultValue, System.Func`2[T,TResult] validation) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1)
    ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory:Load(ConfigNode)
    ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)
    ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
    ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractTypeConfig>d__31:MoveNext()
    ContractConfigurator.<FinalizeContractTypeLoad>d__30:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[WRN 02:26:43.597] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'StationCore'

Edit: to me this looks like there is inadequate exception handling in the Contract Configurator code. Not much you can do about it in this mod itself, but just a heads up. 

Edited by Grimmas

3 hours ago, Grimmas said:

StationCore contract won't load for me anymore after this patch. Based on the error, it sounds like it's because I don't have HabTech2 installed (I have all the other mods installed whose parts are listed in the config): 

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 02:26:43.583] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'StationCore'

[ERR 02:26:43.590] ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'StationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidation' of type 'PartValidation': Error parsing part

[EXC 02:26:43.592] ArgumentException: 'ht2_moduleCupola' is not a valid Part.
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.PartParser.ParseIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.BaseParser+Token token) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.BaseParser+Token token) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseSimpleStatement[TResult] () (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseStatementInner[TResult] () (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseStatement[TResult] () (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.
    Error occurred near '*':
    ht2_moduleCupola
    ................* <-- HERE
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[T] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, System.Boolean allowExpression) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[T] (ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Boolean allowExpression) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[T] (ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1[T] setter, ContractConfigurator.IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, T defaultValue, System.Func`2[T,TResult] validation) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1)
    ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory:Load(ConfigNode)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
    ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractTypeConfig>d__31:MoveNext()
    ContractConfigurator.<FinalizeContractTypeLoad>d__30:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[WRN 02:26:43.597] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'StationCore'

Edit: to me this looks like there is inadequate exception handling in the Contract Configurator code. Not much you can do about it in this mod itself, but just a heads up. 

Thanks, I'll let him know.  and I'll see if I can split this up into multiple entries

Edited by linuxgurugamer