MKS is messing up the snap in placement of most items

even fins take me 5 minutes to setup on a simple rocket because i have to adjust everything manually to fit properly.   if i just place my mouse over a rocket and place something, it snaps from left to right with no middle.   its bad with the USI kolonization and worse with life support

are there any fixes or do i have to deal with this crap to build decent space stations?

PLEASE put in an expansion like this and the life support one from usi,  those 2 things make this a 100 hour game into a 1000 hour game easy if its stock and works properly

Edited by Zephyer
wrong wording expansion-mod

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

26 minutes ago, Zephyer said:

even fins take me 5 minutes to setup on a simple rocket because i have to adjust everything manually to fit properly.   if i just place my mouse over a rocket and place something, it snaps from left to right with no middle.   its bad with the USI kolonization and worse with life support

This feels like probably not quite the right place for this post (the "Technical Support" forum is generally for problems of the "KSP isn't working for me, help me fix my KSP" variety).  It sounds like you're not trying to fix your KSP install, but rather are making some sort of a request.

Can you clarify what exactly it is you're requesting, and from whom?  (Because that affects where is the right place to make the request.)

Are you,

• reporting a bug in a mod?
  • requesting a feature in a mod?
  • requesting a feature in the stock game?
  • something else?

Can you clarify exactly what your problem is?  Exactly what problem are you experiencing with placing fins?  Is there some reason why "turn on symmetry mode, just put them on" (a couple of mouse clicks, just a few seconds), which is what most KSP players do, isn't working for you?  And what does USI or life support have to do with this?  Those mods do completely different things and don't have anything to do with fin placement, do they?

If you've got a bug report or a feature request for a particular mod, generally the best place to ask is in that mod's thread.

On the other hand, if you've got a feature request for the stock game, then the Suggestions & Development Discussion forum is the place for that.

so tech support is not the right place to ask about a bug in a mod??? maybe i worded it wrong

the first thing you listed 

"reporting a bug in a mod?" is EXACTLY what i posted about.   so where else would i ask about a bug in a mod?

im a little confused how this is not both reporting/asking about a bug in a mod?

when i install USI mods, the game glitches, as i said items do NOT snap into place properly, they go from left to right with no middle ground, forcing me place them to the side and off axis then to move and rotate them into position, making a simple addition to a rocket, like a fin or dock NOT LINE UP properly and take several minutes to put in place instead of the 1/4 second it took before the mod. (this also messes with aerodynamics because its hard to get perfect)   having to rig up space stations with empty tanks is not really much fun and without life support/stations it gets stale rather quick

so again, is there a way to fix this, either with a fix mod, or setting ???  or do i have to deal with this to play with USI mods?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.