Most Complex Satellite Designs

Post a photo of an artificial satellite that you've made that you would consider extremely complex. You can also include a picture of the launch vehicle that got your satellite where it needed to be, but you don't need to if you don't want to.

Edited by PBAiden1000
People being rough about the whole "artificial" not being included in the description. Also including that you have the choice to include the picture of the launch vehicle if you want to into the description.

1 hour ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Thats no moon (read: satellite (Which is technically the same thing))! 

All thumbs are fingers, but not all fingers are thumbs.

And a space station would be a satellite.

Edited by Geonovast

OK, I'm noticing that people are making a joke about the whole "natural" and "artificial" satellite thing, which, Mark Kerbin, I already am aware that there are such things. And for some people that would like to know, I'm not new to this game, I've been playing it for a few years now, and it was only today that I decided to sign up and make an account for the KSP Community.

I will be changing the description, so no more of this nonsense pops up on here.

Oh, and by the way, it's not a space station, it actually appears on the map as a probe, but it has all of the scientific equipment on it as well as many communication devices so the game classifies it as a probe. It isn't even manned. It's all ran on technology.

The Minmus Derp, here is the launch vehiclu2Gs58b.pnge that got my satellite up into solar orbit. You can maybe take some design features off of it and include it into your design. Also, by modifying previous launch vehicles that you have built, and tweaking it so that it fits the lines of what it's being used for is also very useful. This rocket is actually a modified version of a rocket I used to catch asteroids, so, it can save you some of the hassle of building a rocket from scratch.

Edited by PBAiden1000
Including some more helpful advice.

I'm not sure this really counts, as it's a "five in one" satellite --

CjpePyc.png

The five connected Sats are designed to detach and form a comms network.  I do a lot of "SatNets" like this though.  In the one above, I have 5 Sats attached to the remainder of a shunt (which also has its own relay dish), to be distributed around a body. In this case, because it's Gilly and easy peasy once you're there, I've actually got landing legs on all of the sats so I can land if I need to.

Edited by bigcalm

8 hours ago, Dfthu said:

It's Done

Now stick it in orbit. 

My most complex satellite is a telescope replica I made for the shuttle challenge. I'll put pics later... 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.