StarMods: Orbital Decay!

SQUAD

tumblr_inline_pa64760DDy1rr2wit_540.png

This mod on rails and off rails orbital decay for any vessel around any celestial body, this decay is determined by various factors, such as atmospheric drag, radiation pressure drag and more! Estimated impact times are given for each vessel, station keeping for active and non active vessels. Supports all #KSP Resources. UI interface for predicted decay times and vessel information.

Created by @Whitecat106

Current Maintainer: @Papa_Joe

Thanks for the recognition on this fine mod by @Whitecat106.  I've been through this mod, and it is a very complex piece of math work.  I can only hope to do it justice going forward.  It will certainly stretch my skills.

As for the "expectation" that this kind of feature should have been in KSP from the start, I would offer only this:

From the beginning, KSP was never envisioned as a "true" simulator.  It was meant to provide a fun way to explore the concepts of space flight and make it easy to learn things like orbits, docking, rendezvous, etc.  This game has evolved a lot over the 7+ years I've been part of this community.  I'm very excited about the popularity of this game and the immense playability it has.  

The community has evolved a lot over this time, as have the "expectations" of the game designers.  I fault no one for their expectations, but I would remind those that have such expectations, that you are in the driver's seat.  If the game does not meet your expectations, don't play and don't pay.  It is your money.  Complaining that feature "x" should have been in the game is, in the end, neither helpful nor constructive.  If you feel that such a feature is needed, suggest it to Squad.  Provide positive feedback on how it should be implemented, but don't "expect" that your requested feature be implemented.  There are simply too many features, and too little time to meet every single demand the community makes.

I do not intend to start a "Flame war".  KSP has its limits. The game engine has it limits.  The developers are limited in what they can accomplish and still be profitable.  I'm faced with those limits constantly in my mod development work.  However, for what I have paid and for what others have paid, I believe it is a great value.  Mods such as the one highlighted above add to the experience. 

I'm a firm believer in the mod community and the great additions they have made to the game. I personally cannot play without mods.  I applaud Squad for making KSP so mod friendly and allowing us to greatly expand on what they have created.

Edited by Papa_Joe
grammar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.