Hastile experiance with Comunity fourms?

Cloakedwand72

Has anyone had positive or negative energy from the some parts of the community on other KSP support & fan sites like this one on Facebook? Like on this group over at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/KerbalSpaceProgram/?ref=br_rs.  ? I've been kicked form the group with out reason several times & I asked one simple question then everyone attacked me no physical threats just lasted out at me all high & mighty.

4 hours ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Has anyone had positive or negative energy from the some parts of the community on other KSP support & fan sites like this one on Facebook? Like on this group over at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/KerbalSpaceProgram/?ref=br_rs.  ? I've been kicked form the group with out reason several times & I asked one simple question then everyone attacked me no physical threats just lasted out at me all high & mighty.

One asks oneself why are they congregating on Facebook rather than at the official forum...

Gaming community fora are a particular kind of thing, I've certainly experienced some hostile forums, the official forum for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations (a hardcore strategy title) is a nasty place for example, I've even seen the devs themselves chime in. They'd rather tell you to play something else than help with your questions, every question is taken as a criticism of what must be a perfect game (it is very good, possibly the best, but nothing is perfect).

But KSP is one of the most positive forums I've ever been on. A mix of age ranges encourages discussion and knowledge-sharing and there's very little elitism, this is definitely a safe place to ask questions.

Nope.

People here are fantastic.

I don't use FB, so can't comment on that, but as a general advice (not strictly tied to games), if you're not comfortable with people in a certain place (virtual or physical) just leave.

The reasons why the forum people are so nice and the facebook people aren't is because of the rules. And the fact that the community is small and slow enough so the mods can take action in every thread within a few hours.

There are obvious rules like not swearing and insulting others, and unlike other places like facebook groups, well trusted moderaters always take action in these kind of situations. But by far the best rule i have ever seen is rule 2.2b. Politics and Religion are the most sensitive topics people talk about, and banning those drastically increases stability.

9 hours ago, NSEP said:

The reasons why the forum people are so nice and the facebook people aren't is because of the rules. And the fact that the community is small and slow enough so the mods can take action in every thread within a few hours.

There are obvious rules like not swearing and insulting others, and unlike other places like facebook groups, well trusted moderaters always take action in these kind of situations. But by far the best rule i have ever seen is rule 2.2b. Politics and Religion are the most sensitive topics people talk about, and banning those drastically increases stability.

Yeah but folks should still respect ones politics & religion but gaming isn't a place to chit chat about that. 

10 hours ago, Shpaget said:

Nope.

People here are fantastic.

I don't use FB, so can't comment on that, but as a general advice (not strictly tied to games), if you're not comfortable with people in a certain place (virtual or physical) just leave.

True. Its hard to leave folks in the physical world though.

19 hours ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Been on that. Left on my own volition over a question of copyright laws pertaining to purchased copies of KSP. Turned into a major flame-fest and I left.

There are a few poopholes (not original word, but you get the idea) there. Very elitist.  Stay away IMHO.

EDIT: Just to nip this in the bud, I OWN my copy of KSP. Purchased it in 2012.

Edited by GDJ

5 minutes ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Yeah but folks should still respect ones politics & religion but gaming isn't a place to chit chat about that. 

The Kerbal Space Program forum, and pretty much every forum is more than just a gaming forum. We have a Science and Spaceflight subforum, (wich is bassicly an entirely different community than the rest of this forum). But we also have an off-topic Subforum called The Lounge. On most forums, this is where the flamewars happend, fortunately, because of the rules, that doesn't happend here on the KSP forums.

10 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Been on that. Left on my own volition over a question of copyright laws pertaining to purchased copies of KSP. Turned into a major flame-fest and I left.

There are a few poopholes (not original word, but you get the idea) there. Very elitist.  Stay away IMHO.

EDIT: Just to nip this in the bud, I OWN my copy of KSP. Purchased it in 2012.

Yeah does Squad & Take two have any thing to saw about hostile community's? I will stick to the reddit/YouTube/KSP official forums! :)

Just now, Cloakedwand72 said:

Yeah does Squad & Take two have any thing to saw about hostile community's? 

Probably not. Not their problem. That's Tracebook's issue.

14 hours ago, p1t1o said:

One asks oneself why are they congregating on Facebook rather than at the official forum...

Gaming community fora are a particular kind of thing, I've certainly experienced some hostile forums, the official forum for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations (a hardcore strategy title) is a nasty place for example, I've even seen the devs themselves chime in. They'd rather tell you to play something else than help with your questions, every question is taken as a criticism of what must be a perfect game (it is very good, possibly the best, but nothing is perfect).

But KSP is one of the most positive forums I've ever been on. A mix of age ranges encourages discussion and knowledge-sharing and there's very little elitism, this is definitely a safe place to ask questions.

Cool! I don't like or have time for elitism. I had a very happy time on Kerbal groups! :)

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

hatsile

I think you're juggling with yourself there XD

So far I haven't got a bad experience on the internet. Or if I had encountered them, I simply had more sarcasm than otherwise XD

The only place I've ever received any negative feedback is in CS:GO matchmaking. If you've ever seen any of my YouTube videos you'd know that I have a very high- pitched voice and people online generally think that young people are trash. Well, this young person just carried the entire team.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.