Kerbals disappear when going to EVA

Hi! I have a following issue with KSP: when any of my kerbals goes to EVA,  they just disappear, no matter if my craft is standing still on the ground or doing 350 m/s with afterburners at 5000m. There is no "poof" whatsoever when they disappear, and i can't even see the kerbal exiting the craft at all. After the disappearance i'm only able to zoom on  the craft itself. When i click the EVA button, the game doesn't focus on the kerbal at all as it would usually do, so this (and the fact that i'm unable to see kerbals exiting the craft) brings me to this thought; what if the kerbal dies inside the cockpit (or pod, depending on what type of craft am i flying or "flying") so that's why i can't see any "poofs of death"? Does anyone have an idea on what could be the cause?

Which KSP version? Does this happen on a fresh install? Did you install a mod befor this happened?

Any entries in the flight events? Just press 'F3' after going on EVA, it should contain something like 'xyz went on EVA' and if your Kerbal really dies, there will be an entry as well.

Try EVa'ing, then switch ships ( [ or ] ).  They might just be invisible, which might be even weirder.

If you recover that vessel, or just go back to the KSC, does the kerbal still exist in the astronaut center?  Are they viewable in the tracking station?

My version is 1.4.3 and no, i don't have any mods installed, only a couple of aircraft downloaded from KerbalX (do they count as mods??). I need to try seeing if there's any "flight events" after the crash as 4x4cheesecake suggested (you know the list thingy, the grey one). The kerbal goes also missing from the astronaut list, gotta check the K.I.A list at some point. And no, they are not viewable int he Tracking Station.

Well.... hmmmm....   Do a little more digging.    You didn't specifically mention it, but I'm assuming it also happens in orbit?

Kill off a kerbal, and post the logs.  

Open a bug report. 

Then when that's done, and we still haven't found a solution, do a clean re-install. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.