KSR Airports for Kerbinside Remastered

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 has it here.  The 'Other' is the view filter for Kerbal Konstructs found in the tracking station and/or map view.  As he said, when in either of those views, clicking on the KK button will bring up a small row of buttons that are view filters.  I was operating on the loose assumption that people knew their Kerbal Konstructs basics.  I'll probably have to clarify that part.

1 hour ago, aeroeng14 said:

@AdmiralTigerclaw I just had the same problem as Kardea with the floatplane base and spawning high in the air. I tried your solution of pulling out the sound cube for that base and the spawn now works correctly.

Okay, so that moves my theory up to a pretty likely thing.

Seems like in some cases, the thing is trying to correct for the bounding box of the sound cube and spawns your craft on the top surface of said sound cube.  (I've seen the bounding box for the sound cube when installing it.  It's pretty straight up just an invisible cube.)

Next thing that I think we need to know is which version of KSP and KK you two are using.

I'm on a really old 1.2.2 build of KSP (I'm not stepping up to the newest, too many mods and customizations to mods to want to mess with it).

@Ger_space  This might be a bit of info you want to poke at for KK's coding.

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

2 hours ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Okay, so that moves my theory up to a pretty likely thing.

Seems like in some cases, the thing is trying to correct for the bounding box of the sound cube and spawns your craft on the top surface of said sound cube.  (I've seen the bounding box for the sound cube when installing it.  It's pretty straight up just an invisible cube.)

Next thing that I think we need to know is which version of KSP and KK you two are using.

I'm on a really old 1.2.2 build of KSP (I'm not stepping up to the newest, too many mods and customizations to mods to want to mess with it).

@Ger_space  This might be a bit of info you want to poke at for KK's coding.

The sound cube is a trigger collider, but ksp 1.4.x sees this as a solid thing, that's why the new Lauchheight adjustment puts the vessel above the cube. 

I'll open an kk issue about that, so I dont forgot to fix this. 

Maybe by fixing the sound cube asset or overwriting the spawn point adjustment.

8 hours ago, Ger_space said:

The sound cube is a trigger collider, but ksp 1.4.x sees this as a solid thing, that's why the new Lauchheight adjustment puts the vessel above the cube. 

I'll open an kk issue about that, so I dont forgot to fix this. 

Maybe by fixing the sound cube asset or overwriting the spawn point adjustment.

Hey, as long as you're working on the sound cube, do you think you can do something about how it calls audio?  Right now, all sound cubes inherently call the same audio track no matter what because the audio call is in the master definition file instead of the individual configs.  The individual configs just have location data for the cube.  If the audio call was in the individual configs, I could get creative with audio for places (Within' reason, of course.  Gotta' keep the RAM usage on the lean side for the 32 bit-ers.)

21 hours ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

I am running ksp 1.4.3 and KK version 1.4.3.3. This was a non-modded (except for MM) test sandbox game.

On 7/1/2018 at 1:51 AM, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Hey, as long as you're working on the sound cube, do you think you can do something about how it calls audio?  Right now, all sound cubes inherently call the same audio track no matter what because the audio call is in the master definition file instead of the individual configs.  The individual configs just have location data for the cube.  If the audio call was in the individual configs, I could get creative with audio for places (Within' reason, of course.  Gotta' keep the RAM usage on the lean side for the 32 bit-ers.)

Also it is easy to duplicate the asset config with new parameters but the same .mu as a reference I can look of I can change that. 

The sound is a static module, you could add sound effects to any model you want, but then the model has always that effect. 

It should be easy for you to add multiple cubes with different sound effects. The ram overhead for that is pretty mininimal.

"Will this work with RSS or other Kerbin rescales?"

Short answer: No. 

Long answer:  The way the placement system for statics works, imagine Kerbin as a deflated balloon.  Now take a marker and put a group of dots close together on that balloon.  These dots represent the statics used in a single airport.  Now inflate the balloon.  You may visualize that those dots now spread out as the balloon expands.  The same thing would happen to the placement of the airport statics.  Each static is placed with an absolute position related to Kerbin itself, not each other.  Thus, applying KSR Airports to any rescale of Kerbin, be it RSS or just one of the dozen some odd rescale mechanics, would result in nothing but a wide field of scattered objects.

Would you mind if I had a go at adjusting your bases to work for a resized Kerbin? Also, am I right in noticing that your bases have the placement location flattened? How do you do that? It's the one thing that's been driving me nuts trying to get my own bases working on rescaled Kerbin.

55 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

Would you mind if I had a go at adjusting your bases to work for a resized Kerbin? Also, am I right in noticing that your bases have the placement location flattened? How do you do that? It's the one thing that's been driving me nuts trying to get my own bases working on rescaled Kerbin.

You are welcome to that, just beware the data-chart will need to be modified to match.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Feels a touch Awkward since my first name is Ernest, and I already stuck an airport in with my name hiding in it as it is.

But I guess an excuse to share my name with someone on an airport works as well.

I'll add it to The List.

:)

Either way, he is an excellent writer, The book is fantastic.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:39 AM, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Well, in my case, I'm more concerned about keeping the package in-tact without having to do individual uploads for every file/folder I create.  So long as I can put it up, and you guys can pull it down, we're golden.

Github has a desktop plugin that works a lot like google drive, it will sync your folders and files automatically with the github repository.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.