KSR Airports for Kerbinside Remastered

12 hours ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Several questions:

1: Do you have any old versions of Kerbinside installed?

2: Where did you install KSR airports (where did you put the folder)?

3: Did you open the airports yet?

Check if they show up in a creative game.

1. I have the current version of kerbside installed. 

2. I opened the folder from WinRAR after download. Then opened GameData from the folder and dragged the "KerbinsideRemastered" to the GameData folder for KSP. It didn't replace the KerbinsideRemastered mod folder it just added airports in the folder.

3. How do I open the airports?

If I recall, to open airports in a campaign, you must first land at the airport and then access it through the KK menu.

If you pop open a creative game, you should have all the airports visible in the tracking station.  Ensure they work there, and it should just be that none of the airports are open yet.

Mind you, they aren't CHEAP.  And since I'm working from large to small on airports, the most expensive internationals and the medium expense regionals will be first.

Use the chart to pick a destination airport you want.

12 minutes ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

If you pop open a creative game, you should have all the airports visible in the tracking station.

I'm in sandbox mode and the station still only shows 2 locations no airports. I'm on 1.4.4 

Edited by Avevs

In the station, open the KK icon.  This should reveal a strip of buttons.  There you should find buttons for including/excluding open and closed points from the list.  Make sure that runways are turned on, and toggle the 'show only open' or 'show only closed' buttons to see if they work.

Also, tell me what the two locations it shows are if that doesn't work.

Okay, you should be seeing Eskandare's various bases here.

You could have one two problems.

1: You have old school kerbinside installed still.  This will not work.

2: You have a version of Kerbal Konstructs that does not strip the old statics out.

These are problems because the inclusion of the old statics interferes with the new ones, and causes them to just... 'POOF!'.

I know what the correction you need to do is, but I can't remember the exact name of the folder that needs to go away.  So give me a minute to hunt it down.

Okay, in the Kerbal Konstructs folder, pull the entire statics folder out and drop it on your desktop.  I don't want to force you to delete it just yet, but it shouldn't be there.

Alternately, get the modified compatible kerbal konstructs from @Ger_space post HERE:

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

3 minutes ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

1: You have old school kerbinside installed still.  This will not work.

4 minutes ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

I know what the correction you need to do is, but I can't remember the exact name of the folder that needs to go away.  So give me a minute to hunt it down.

I have the remastered kerbinside installed. And ok thanks

14 minutes ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Just as you responded, I found what I needed to find, see my above post.

yeah, I tried both of the solutions and it still didn't work. Is it because i'm on 1.4.4? 

I don't know.  The problem isn't KSR airports if that is the case.  As pointed out in the FAQ, I have no actual code here, just placement files for the statics and some extra stuff that don't go into the game.  So the problem is going to be up stream.

If it's not Kerbinside Remastered itself, then it is Kerbal Konstructs.  And more than likely, the problem is KK having a problem with 1.4.4.

Sorry mate.

3 minutes ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

I don't know.  The problem isn't KSR airports if that is the case.  As pointed out in the FAQ, I have no actual code here, just placement files for the statics and some extra stuff that don't go into the game.  So the problem is going to be up stream.

If it's not Kerbinside Remastered itself, then it is Kerbal Konstructs.  And more than likely, the problem is KK having a problem with 1.4.4.

Sorry mate.

Yeah it works fine on 1.4.3 I’m just going to revert it for the time being then. Is there a way to import the SPH vehicles I have on 1.4.4 to 1.4.3? Last thing sorry 

Edited by Avevs

Just now, Avevs said:

Yeah it works fine on 1.4.3 I’m just going to revert it for the time being then. Is there a way to import the SPH vehicles I have on 1.4.4 to 1.4.3?

Move the files manually and ensure all the relevant mods for them are installed and functional in your rollback?

So, I've noticed a few issues with the runways.
Firstly, at Jeb M. Kerman Intl, there's a bit of grass clipping through one of the runways, and the taxiways are kind of off. screenshot612.png

Secondly, the runway markings are almost always set above the runway, and count as solids. As a result, it can be a pretty bumpy ride with smaller aircraft, plus has some unsightly shadows.

I really do like how much there is already, even though it's so early in development, and I'm going to be on the lookout for any other bugs to report. Can't wait to see where this goes!

I don't know why I bother making a Readme file with a name as loud as "ReadMeRightTheHeckNOW!"

People just ignore it...

ERHEM...

RMRTHN file:

Section five.

Section - 5: Known Issues

A: Tarmac 'seams'.  
Placing and aligning the statics for KSR Airports is an involved process, especially for larger airports.  Due to a combination of floating point numbers, minor variations in pitch on various statics, and clunky visual control, the physical joints between various statics at airports may include small gaps and slopes.  These shouldn't cause too much trouble if taxiing, but use caution as you cross visible joints, especially at angles that aren't straight across the joint.  The author tries to mitigate these, but they are difficult to smooth out perfectly, especially with up-scaled statics.  Maintain slow speed for safety.

B: Mesh Drift Syndrome
Mesh Drift is mainly caused by floating point numbers and is mostly uncontrollable in KSP's grid system.  It is more or less harmless except for the runways.  On upscaled runways, mesh drift may cause small 'gaps' between the white painted stripes, and the gray concrete.  These gaps are not related to Tarmac seams.  This effect is more pronounced and dangerous to aircraft as you move away from the equator and upscale the runway.  Mostly if you upscale the runway.  I try to mitigate this as best as I can by niggling the runways around at creation and checking the gaps.  Luckily, the most probable offender, Spaceplane Runways, are right smack on the equator and their mesh drift is almost non-existent.

You can spot Mesh drift's effect when rolling down the runway over the centerline stripes.  You may spot your landing gear doing small 'bounces' as it rolls over the transitions.  The bouncing is non-threatening.  However, the red-line effect is if the gear slips INTO one of the 'cracks'.  At that point, the aircraft will 'stub its toe' and rip a gear off.  If traveling on a takeoff or landing roll, this may result in a case of spontaneous unplanned rapid disassembly (often refered to as a 'crash' of the non-computer type).

C: See-through airport sections.
This is mainly a graphics draw issue.  Some of the building static assets used by KSR Airports are placed in such a way that their built-on hex-bases are directly below the surface of another mesh.  Depending on the behavior of the graphics card and your shaders, these may be visible from certain camera angles and may appear and disappear as the camera moves.  This should never pose a physical risk to your aircraft in-game and, at most, simply cause a landing gear to bounce slightly if part of the mesh creates a lip.

D: Launch Failure, Disappearing Airports, and Vanishing Space Center Buttons.
Don't know what causes these, and they seem to be KK related anyway.  Launch failure usually involves a message saying the spawn you selected from the SPH doesn't work in some manner.  Disappearing Airports are airports in which the entire static set doesn't spawn into the scene when you do.  Vanishing space center buttons occur when you switch a default airport, and the buttons linking you to the main functions don't appear as they should.  In these three cases, don't even bother fiddling with anything.  Restart Kerbal Space Program to correct the problem.

REJOICE!

...I have an update.

https://github.com/AdmiralTigerclaw/KSRAirports/blob/master/KSRAirports_0_0_3.rar

We have more Regionals, plus another Local courtesy of @Bottle Rocketeer 500  .

In this edition, we worked to fill some of the far side of Kerbin from KSC to give players a general fill of airports.  This will probably continue to be my method of placing the remaining airports until project completion, just to satisfy gameplay.

Anyway, more ideas for regional airport names are welcome. 

So, a question for anyone who might know the answer:

I'm considering using the lvl I KSC runway in a few of the local airports for that... EXTRA small airport feel.

But I recall there being a runway update in KSP for one of the 1.4 iterations that overhauled at least the lvl III.

Does anyone know if that affected the lvl 1 runway?  The last thing I want to do is install that runway at some of the local airports, only for it to simply NOT EXIST for users on higher end versions of KSP.

On 8/12/2018 at 2:40 AM, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

So, a question for anyone who might know the answer:

I'm considering using the lvl I KSC runway in a few of the local airports for that... EXTRA small airport feel.

But I recall there being a runway update in KSP for one of the 1.4 iterations that overhauled at least the lvl III.

Does anyone know if that affected the lvl 1 runway?  The last thing I want to do is install that runway at some of the local airports, only for it to simply NOT EXIST for users on higher end versions of KSP.

KK extracts the gameObject (3d model) that is defined as the model for a lv1 runway at each startup. Even there are changes to the model, there will be a reference to it with the same name.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.