KSR Airports for Kerbinside Remastered

45 minutes ago, Potato flavored waffles said:

OK so for those details, I  get all of the kerbin side remastered bases but not all of yours. Both of those were downloaded on the 1.4.5 version KK of ckan and KSR off of spacedock there are extra taxiways on KSC and there are also spawn-able airports but not things like the ones that are on the first page. I also downloaded the KSR airports_0_0_3.rar from the GitHub link you provided. Is KSR airports just not meant for 1.4.5? According to spacedock, 1.4.5 is the only version on KSR. And the save I am trying to download it on, is a 1.4.5 game.

I still need to know what your installation looks like.  Where did you extract KSR Airports to?

3 hours ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

As in, the whole rar file?

You didn't extract it?

You didn't open it up to look in it?

You didn't read the file labeled so conveniently "ReadMeRightTheHeckNow" ?

I want you to read that file.  I want you to find, and read, that file - as it says - Right the Heck Now.

I tried to open the .rar file but all I got was a please open this up with internet explorer and then they asked me to do the same over and over. there was nothing inside the .rar so there was no "readmerightthehecknow"

12 minutes ago, Potato flavored waffles said:

I tried to open the .rar file but all I got was a please open this up with internet explorer and then they asked me to do the same over and over. there was nothing inside the .rar so there was no "readmerightthehecknow"

The rar file is a compression file like zip files.  You need a universal unpacker like winrar or winzip.

• 1 month later...

Just getting around to trying KK/Remastered again, and am intrigued about the new KSR airports! Seems like a *lot* of them :)

Any thoughts about integrating some of the ASET navigation components, particularly the set of awesome charts here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mh2k85ryrtarqci/Kerbin_AEROCHARTS-25-nov-2017.pdf?dl=0

Maybe some of this stuff will be built into MAS as well as navutils/kramax/whatever, but it's a ton of fun to fiddle with the dials to find your way home :)

48 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@Beetlecat @AdmiralTigerclaw decided to wait for the new version of Kerbin Side Remastered. Myself, I would love to see navutils configs for these airports/ kramax flight plans for autoland. Also,  in his thread @theonegalen said that @MOARdV would not include Kramax support in MAS because of the dependencies.

The main problem with Kramax (for me) is that I don't use it day-to-day, so I have to install it, get the hang of it, and make sure anything I do with it works every time a new version comes out.  And, since Kramax has two other mods it requires, that's even more turbulence in the install / uninstall process.

I would be happy to add nav beacons / ILS beacons for KSR airports to MAS, however (see here for the current 'known' beacons, taken from alexustas' aerocharts).

MAS has a fairly robust radio navigation system built in to it, even if there aren't any examples available right now.  I plan to develop some examples that use it, possibly in the glass cockpit design I'm developing.

4 hours ago, MOARdV said:

The main problem with Kramax (for me) is that I don't use it day-to-day, so I have to install it, get the hang of it, and make sure anything I do with it works every time a new version comes out.  And, since Kramax has two other mods it requires, that's even more turbulence in the install / uninstall process.

I would be happy to add nav beacons / ILS beacons for KSR airports to MAS, however (see here for the current 'known' beacons, taken from alexustas' aerocharts).

MAS has a fairly robust radio navigation system built in to it, even if there aren't any examples available right now.  I plan to develop some examples that use it, possibly in the glass cockpit design I'm developing.

This is great! Thanks for the feedback and info.

I basically had an epiphany watching Alexustas's video (doing the quick nav demo with the ASET Mk1 cockpit) and it made me really excited to learn how it worked, and while I'm still sort of confused (especially at what makes one dial do one thing in one state, but not in another, etc. etc.) I have a feeling it's going to make IVA-only missions a blast going forward. -- I think I knew MAS was staying true to that by way of sophistication and cleverness. Being able to continue using those outstanding charts would be a wonderful thing.

I'm currently enjoying @theonegalen's cockpits with the combination of ASET avionics and Pilot Assistant. I've been advised of Kramax's complications, and for some reason I keep using the name, even though I know it's not the go-to at the moment for this type of work :)

I'd *sort* of like some landing assistance, but just getting better at lining myself up with proper navigation will be half of that particular battle.

Hopefully I won't wind up going all RO or FSX... I have too many hobbies already. :I

Edited by Beetlecat

On 1/22/2019 at 12:07 PM, Beetlecat said:

I basically had an epiphany watching Alexustas's video (doing the quick nav demo with the ASET Mk1 cockpit) and it made me really excited to learn how it worked, and while I'm still sort of confused (especially at what makes one dial do one thing in one state, but not in another, etc. etc.) I have a feeling it's going to make IVA-only missions a blast going forward. -- I think I knew MAS was staying true to that by way of sophistication and cleverness. Being able to continue using those outstanding charts would be a wonderful thing.

The radio nav stuff that alexustas did in RPM is insanely complicated.  I am amazed that he got it working, considering RPM was not even remotely designed for it.  I think that's why he asked me to add radio navigation as a first-class component in MAS.  It's there, and I think it works, but I don't pretend to be instrument certified sufficiently to guarantee it :) .

On 1/22/2019 at 12:07 PM, Beetlecat said:

I'd *sort* of like some landing assistance, but just getting better at lining myself up with proper navigation will be half of that particular battle.

I think the nav beacons (with instrumentation to go with it) will help a lot  Even a virtual VOR on the runway would be enough to help you get on the right line for approach.  I have started tinkering with adding some autopilot capabilities to MAS, but it's currently very crude and not safe for atmospheric operations (unless you like tumbling out of controlled flight).  Maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to finesse it better.

• 3 weeks later...

how do i download this mod. by that i mean which .rar do i use. also when i tried the first times it removed all buildings. sorry if this message is all over the place my grammar is bad even though im 14

Edit: nevermind i got it to work

Edited by OPBlue

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, OrbitalMechanic1 said:

how do you download onto ksp? Do you put the .RAR file into the Gamedata folder?

Welcome to the forums! This mod is great, definitely worth figuring out how to get it working.

Mod installation in general

However, I recall this mod has an unusual installation method.

1st. Unzip that .RAR (using 7zip or whatever), check for a ReadMe file with installation instructions.

2nd. If no instructions, Install dependencies if you haven’t already (Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbinside Remastered)

3rd. This is where this mod is different from most mods, now install the KSR airports folder inside the Kerbinside Remastered folder.

Edited by Nightside

9 hours ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Yeah, I know it's not a perfect 'just download and drop' that you can do with some games, but it should be no more than an 'unpack into the right place' as per instructions.

I got no Bad lands airport and some others are missing.

9 hours ago, Nightside said:

Welcome to the forums! This mod is great, definitely worth figuring out how to get it working.

Mod installation in general

However, I recall this mod has an unusual installation method.

1st. Unzip that .RAR (using 7zip or whatever), check for a ReadMe file with installation instructions.

2nd. If no instructions, Install dependencies if you haven’t already (Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbinside Remastered)

3rd. This is where this mod is different from most mods, now install the KSR airports folder inside the Kerbinside Remastered folder.

Used online converter to convert .Rar to .Zip.

2 hours ago, OrbitalMechanic1 said:

I got no Bad lands airport and some others are missing.

Used online converter to convert .Rar to .Zip.

Is the Badlands (and others) folders missing?
what version of the mod do you have?

• 2 weeks later...

@Mekan1k More airports are definitely planned for this mod.

For making airports, I suggest watching the following video, because for the most part it explains how to make airports in KSP, though some things like scaling the runway up are irrelevant if you are not using RSS and recreating real airports. Also, to flatten the terrain first to avoid issues seen in that video by creating a map decal.

Edited by Bottle Rocketeer 500

28 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

For making airports, I suggest watching the following video, because for the most part it explains how to make airports in KSP,

Uhhmmm... forget to include something? vOv ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.