KSR Airports for Kerbinside Remastered

Hi, I have a question regarding installation. When I download the zip package from GitHub and unpack it there are three files, KSRAirports_0_0_1, 0_0_2, and 0_0_3. The same three that are listed on the GitHub page. My question is are these three zipped files all required to be installed? I ask because, when I checked them, all three appear to have identical files so unpacking them would just cause them to overwrite each other. I did not see where this was mentioned in the KSRAirportsReamMerRightTheHeckNOW.txt; which I think is a pretty snappy name by the way. XD

2 hours ago, DKShang said:

Hi, I have a question regarding installation. When I download the zip package from GitHub and unpack it there are three files, KSRAirports_0_0_1, 0_0_2, and 0_0_3. The same three that are listed on the GitHub page. My question is are these three zipped files all required to be installed? I ask because, when I checked them, all three appear to have identical files so unpacking them would just cause them to overwrite each other. I did not see where this was mentioned in the KSRAirportsReamMerRightTheHeckNOW.txt; which I think is a pretty snappy name by the way. XD

Version numbers.  Use the highest numbered file.  Never really got how to use Github properly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2020 at 4:40 AM, FahmiRBLXian said:

Just wanna correct you here. Tarmac doesn't exist as an aviation term. It supposed to be "Apron" instead of "Tarmac".

https://aerosavvy.com/aviation-terminology/

Actually, I very much heard the term used by military pilots, to refer to the entire paved portion which the planes can access. "Ramp" also seems to be very much alive in the USAF, too (I suppose they don't care much for civilian standards).

On 2/7/2020 at 7:40 PM, FahmiRBLXian said:

Just wanna correct you here. Tarmac doesn't exist as an aviation term. It supposed to be "Apron" instead of "Tarmac".

https://aerosavvy.com/aviation-terminology/

On 2/9/2020 at 2:59 AM, Dragon01 said:

Actually, I very much heard the term used by military pilots, to refer to the entire paved portion which the planes can access. "Ramp" also seems to be very much alive in the USAF, too (I suppose they don't care much for civilian standards).

It's probably an outside-the-US thing, too. Which Kerbin definitely is! :D

On 2/9/2020 at 2:59 AM, Dragon01 said:

There's a good article about it here: https://flyingwithfish.boardingarea.com/2013/01/19/airport-lingo-ramp-vs-apron-vs-tarmac/

The reason Tarmac is often used by the US military is that there is a longstanding habit in the service of referring to objects by their associated brand name, since generally if a product works, the supplier retains the government contract as long as possible. "Ramp" as used by the USAF refers to the area of the apron adjacent to the terminal or cargo loading area, or the area where mission-ready aircraft sit. General aircraft parking isn't usually referred to as the ramp - although I was Navy and it *was* 30 years ago, so terminology may have drifted a bit since then, or I could have been misinformed.

Actually, "tarmac" comes from "tar-bound macadam", which is what it is (macadam being an earlier road material, invented by Scottish guy named McAdam), and is thoroughly outdated. Tarmac company took its name from the material. It was the to-go materials for paving both roads and runways for a long time.

While I haven't encountered "apron" in a military context, this might be because the planes tend to be located on the ramp, and that's the only thing out there that pilots care about. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

First off I'd like to say thank you for the great mod! I do a lot of atmospheric flying in KSP and more airports are always fantastic.

I'm currently on 1.8.1, and the few airports that I found have all been at least partially underground. This is not the case with any of the airports included in KSR. I'm not sure if there is a setting that I missed in the graphics option that is causing the ground to be generated higher than normal, but I'm hoping that someone here has a suggestion.

I very much like having a usable airport that I can divert to when I have an engine failure or a fuel leak in flight!

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2020 at 5:04 AM, Shuttle Enthuasist124 said:

Hello @AdmiralTigerclaw . I tried to go to Github to download the mod but the link says there is a privacy error. Can you give me a alternate download link for the mod .

Welcome to the forums.

The download seems to be working for me (I'm in the US). Maybe check your browser settings?

That said the download for this mod is  a little different from other mods, you don't want "Releases" you have to press the "Clone or download" button on  the main page and unzip that, then 7zip or similar to unpack "KSRAirports_0_0_3.rar"

• 1 month later...

hi all again.

been a while since i was last on KSP so installed this again and taking a look about the airports in the 0.0.3 pack
im on the latest KSP 1.9.1 and it seems the airport parts are all at different heights.

eg here is badlands int. from above

Untitled1.png

here is badlands if i clip the camera into the ground

Untitled2.png

you can see the taxi ways and that under the map. im not sure the issue could it be the ground decal isnt working? do the heights of the objects need adjusting (point me in the right area and ill try to fix them all)

would love to try and help out if i can this mod could be very popular with us aircraft builders.

cheers 

well been having a fiddle and moving stuff about seems to be coming back together nicely 

Untitled3.png

hope to fix it all later night and start of the others. once ive fixed them i might start adding more that are marked on that map.

not sure if its a thing in other countries but most if not all airports in the UK have east to west aligned runways should i be making that standard thing on this new ones?

44 minutes ago, boohey12 said:

well been having a fiddle and moving stuff about seems to be coming back together nicely 

Untitled3.png

hope to fix it all later night and start of the others. once ive fixed them i might start adding more that are marked on that map.

not sure if its a thing in other countries but most if not all airports in the UK have east to west aligned runways should i be making that standard thing on this new ones?

I think most airports are aligned to match the prevailing winds, so having some variety would be nice.

Looks great! Do you plan to share your fixes? It seems like @AdmiralTigerclaw has gone AWOL.

2 hours ago, Nightside said:

I think most airports are aligned to match the prevailing winds, so having some variety would be nice.

Looks great! Do you plan to share your fixes? It seems like @AdmiralTigerclaw has gone AWOL.

Id like to share it yeah think its up to the mod creator to let me but id do it here, there is probably an easy fix he knows that would sort it all out. hopefully @AdmiralTigerclaw will come back soon

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, Distortion28 said:

How can i add these to launch sites in Kerbal konstructs?

It can be done, but most of these airports need a bit of repositioning work done which will involve adjusting their map-decals and then adjusting their instances, as some have slipped "below" the surface of Kerbin since the mod was originally released. I took a stab at a few of them a while back but I've since abandoned that in favour of other projects.

If you are looking for new airports that you can download and use I suggest looking at Kerbal Konstructs Airport Exchange. There are some very fine ones in that forum. 

Edited by Caerfinon

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Luca_ said:

what is going oh here?

The launch location of KK statics is being interpreted as a mini Biome by the science system, If your launched vessel has science gear and you are using an auto collect science mod you get science. I find that it only occurs on launch and not if you move over the location post launch. An odd little bonus. I don't remember it happening in earlier KK versions.      

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.