AdmiralTigerclaw

KSR Airports for Kerbinside Remastered

Recommended Posts

Whilst using a single collider mesh should theoretically eliminate some issues (holes), it is in fact, a bad way to go. I always divided larger models up with each mesh with its own collider and put up with the other issues this creates (lips). Why? Make a 6000+m runway with a single mesh and a single collider, and go drive on it. You'll find out. There is definitely an issue with the engine and massive colliders - they end up with tears in them, which are often bigger than any hole you might have made yourself. And they are intermittent, suggesting it's the physics calculations between small part colliders (usually wheels, undercarriage etc.) and the massive collider that are the problem, and bugger all you can do anything about.

edit - And yes this applies to low-face meshes, like a basic block, as well. And no the tears don't always seem to appear on edges either.

 

Edited by AlphaAsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ger_space

Question:  When you fixed the Map Decal glitch, did you change how new Map Decals got stored?  I planted one yesterday to make the next airport, and I discovered today that it didn't stick.  And when I went and checked the KK folder, the NewInstances folder isn't there.  Any new procedures I should know about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

@Ger_space

Question:  When you fixed the Map Decal glitch, did you change how new Map Decals got stored?  I planted one yesterday to make the next airport, and I discovered today that it didn't stick.  And when I went and checked the KK folder, the NewInstances folder isn't there.  Any new procedures I should know about?

Can you create the folder manually? And try again. 

I don't know if I ported the fix for that to the 1.2 branch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Can you create the folder manually? And try again. 

I don't know if I ported the fix for that to the 1.2 branch.

@Ger_space

Manually created a NewInstances folder and it looks like it created the decal file for it.  I'm kind of glad I was feeling lazy and only did the map decal and not the whole airport before I ran into this.

 

That would have left me Enraged.   :0.0:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

@Ger_space

Manually created a NewInstances folder and it looks like it created the decal file for it.  I'm kind of glad I was feeling lazy and only did the map decal and not the whole airport before I ran into this.

 

That would have left me Enraged.   :0.0:

Creating buildings would have created the folder. But I'll put it on the to do list 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was flying from KSC to KCHG last night (cape hook global) and noticed, in one of the little bays along the shoreline... runway approach lights.  with no runway.  just.. 2 sets of approach lights just in the middle of nowhere out of place.  Not sure if this is coming from this mod or from Kerbinside Remastered itself but.. thought I'd let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ss8913 said:

So I was flying from KSC to KCHG last night (cape hook global) and noticed, in one of the little bays along the shoreline... runway approach lights.  with no runway.  just.. 2 sets of approach lights just in the middle of nowhere out of place.  Not sure if this is coming from this mod or from Kerbinside Remastered itself but.. thought I'd let you know.

 

It's a placeholder for those using Kerbin City.  The approach lights are where the KC airport runways sit.  I asked about that myself.  That's why Cape Hook Global is off to the south.  So it doesn't sit on the Kerbin City site.

 

EDIT: It would be responsible of me to mention that I'm sitting on hold here and not doing any more airports for the moment.  Eskandare's latest show-offs of tower and hangar models has me wanting to add and modify to existing airports.  That means, the more I do now, the more I have to redo later. 

 

Those playing the test versions, how are they working out for you?

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I’ve been having this issue with the runways I select to take-off from. The issue is that when after I get done with a flight and return to space center the runway acts as my space center; it’s very glitchy. Is there anyway I can go back to the actual Space center? :/

(I’m using version 1.4.5 with this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, The Amazing Popsicle said:

Okay, I’ve been having this issue with the runways I select to take-off from. The issue is that when after I get done with a flight and return to space center the runway acts as my space center; it’s very glitchy. Is there anyway I can go back to the actual Space center? :/

(I’m using version 1.4.5 with this)

 

That's Kerbal Konstructs working as it should.  Keep in mind when you click the button in the SPH called 'Make Selected Runway DEFAULT', That's what Default means.

To get KSC back as your default, go into the SPH and bring up the runway selection, find KSC, and select that.  Then hit the 'make selection the default' once more.

 

Also: Check over with Kerbal Konstructs, I don't recall the 1.4.X versions of kerbal being very happy with KK.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

 

That's Kerbal Konstructs working as it should.  Keep in mind when you click the button in the SPH called 'Make Selected Runway DEFAULT', That's what Default means.

To get KSC back as your default, go into the SPH and bring up the runway selection, find KSC, and select that.  Then hit the 'make selection the default' once more.

 

Also: Check over with Kerbal Konstructs, I don't recall the 1.4.X versions of kerbal being very happy with KK.

 

 

I might try and fix it myself, thanks for the help though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Potato flavored waffles said:

I cannot download this mod off github for some reason. Got any ideas?

 

If it's a navigation issue, I apologize because I cannot into GitHub correctly.  If you look at the mod 'content list', you may see three version-numbered files sitting in place.  Click on the highest numbered file, and it'll take you to a screen where the option to download that individual file is hiding in place.  Download from that.

 

If the problem is github not liking you...  I don't know what to say.  Try a different browser?  I noticed IE is dying more and more on websites as it becomes more and more obsolete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

 

If it's a navigation issue, I apologize because I cannot into GitHub correctly.  If you look at the mod 'content list', you may see three version-numbered files sitting in place.  Click on the highest numbered file, and it'll take you to a screen where the option to download that individual file is hiding in place.  Download from that.

 

If the problem is github not liking you...  I don't know what to say.  Try a different browser?  I noticed IE is dying more and more on websites as it becomes more and more obsolete.

Is it the one labeled ksrairportsuntagged346183bdd628f6751b35 in the zip file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 3:28 PM, Potato flavored waffles said:

Is it the one labeled ksrairportsuntagged346183bdd628f6751b35 in the zip file?

 

Follow the github link on the first page of this thread and you should get a page like this:

IdptKba.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

What I need are the flight plans to use at all your airports, with the Kramax autopilot mod from @linuxgurugamer 

I have no idea how to make flight plans for your airports.  DD: 

 

But the two mods are incredible = D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 6:15 AM, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

So, my first order of business in this new thread is brainstorming ideas for airport names.  I've got ten international airports, and two spaceports named.

 

But that leaves us with 20 Regionals, and numerous locals.

If anyone has ideas, feel free to post.  Feel free to be silly, but not TOO silly.

What sounds good, goes in the list below and will fill it in.

 

Regionals

- Manley Regional  COMPLETE

- Booster Bay Regional COMPLETE

- Yeager Point Regional COMPLETE

- Atlas Valley Regional COMPLETE

- Angel Island Regional COMPLETE

- Goldpool Regional (Bottle Rocketeer chose to copy the name from old KS) COMPLETE

- Phantom Sea Regional COMPLETE

- Seagull's Roost Regional COMPLETE

- Ernest K. Gann Regional COMPLETE

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

************

 

Locals

- Cherry Sky Park

- Green Peaks COMPLETE
-

etc... (I'll add 'slots' as these fill in.)

A few suggestions I have are

mt. rotten bananas regional

Baconville local

Chicken valley international (or regional)

portrockspringfieldwestvallydale municipal

Edited by Potato flavored waffles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 2:11 AM, Potato flavored waffles said:

That mod is still not working or me

You need "kerbal konstructs" and "Kebin side remastered"

Only then this mod will work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Potato flavored waffles said:

I have them both and it still will refuse to work

You're going to have to give us a few more details than 'it doesn't work'.

 

1: In what way does it refuse to work?  Like, nothing there at all?  Or is it no airports?  Do you have extra taxiways at KSC but no KSR Airports?  Details are critical.

2: I want you to double check that you are using 'Kerbinside REMASTERED', not 'Kerbinside'.  This is relevant.

3: Check version numbers of the relevant mods against KSP.  There have been some updates to Kerbal Konstructs that I haven't fully checked against.  I need to know the version number of KSP.  I need to know the version number of Kerbal Konstructs.  I need to know the version number of Kerbinside Remastered, and I need to know the version number of KSR Airports.  Not that the last one matters because the only difference there is how many airports it has... But details anyway.

4: I want to know what your install locations look like.  Where you placed the installs... HOW you placed the installs.  Multiple screenshots would be very good.  I note you have all of 8 posts here as of the time I'm responding, which suggests to me you may have completely botched the install from simple lack of experience.  But again.  Details.  Details, details, DETAILS.

 

Overall, KSR Airports should not at any time have any issues that are code related.  So long as KK and KSR are working, it should work too.  Thus, we need to walk through and go:

- Is KK working?  Yes/No ?   Fix or move on.

- Is Kerbinside Remastered Working?  Yes/No Fox or move on.

- Is KSR Airports Working?  Yes/No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TM31D2475 said:

Why does everyone calling it "tarmac"?
It's "ramp"

 

Because saying that an air plane sits on an inclined plane is just plain silly.

 

Also, it's called a TARMAC because old airports were made with what is known as TARMAC, or Tar-Macadams mix/process.  While technically erroneous since most places where you have heavy aircraft are going to be utilizing heavy steel-reinforced concrete, it is an acceptable term due to momentum in language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarmacadam

We can also call the TARMAC/Ramp an Apron or Flight Line.

 

I really hope you didn't register JUST to try and play term-pedant here.  Shortest blitzkrieg ever, if you did.

(EDIT: This site actually has a word replace for the shorthand name for the Third Reich?  That's just asinine.)

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

 

You're going to have to give us a few more details than 'it doesn't work'.

 

1: In what way does it refuse to work?  Like, nothing there at all?  Or is it no airports?  Do you have extra taxiways at KSC but no KSR Airports?  Details are critical.

2: I want you to double check that you are using 'Kerbinside REMASTERED', not 'Kerbinside'.  This is relevant.

3: Check version numbers of the relevant mods against KSP.  There have been some updates to Kerbal Konstructs that I haven't fully checked against.  I need to know the version number of KSP.  I need to know the version number of Kerbal Konstructs.  I need to know the version number of Kerbinside Remastered, and I need to know the version number of KSR Airports.  Not that the last one matters because the only difference there is how many airports it has... But details anyway.

4: I want to know what your install locations look like.  Where you placed the installs... HOW you placed the installs.  Multiple screenshots would be very good.  I note you have all of 8 posts here as of the time I'm responding, which suggests to me you may have completely botched the install from simple lack of experience.  But again.  Details.  Details, details, DETAILS.

 

Overall, KSR Airports should not at any time have any issues that are code related.  So long as KK and KSR are working, it should work too.  Thus, we need to walk through and go:

- Is KK working?  Yes/No ?   Fix or move on.

- Is Kerbinside Remastered Working?  Yes/No Fox or move on.

- Is KSR Airports Working?  Yes/No.

OK so for those details, I  get all of the kerbin side remastered bases but not all of yours. Both of those were downloaded on the 1.4.5 version KK of ckan and KSR off of spacedock there are extra taxiways on KSC and there are also spawn-able airports but not things like the ones that are on the first page. I also downloaded the KSR airports_0_0_3.rar from the GitHub link you provided. Is KSR airports just not meant for 1.4.5? According to spacedock, 1.4.5 is the only version on KSR. And the save I am trying to download it on, is a 1.4.5 game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.