Modelling practice required

Hello! I had started a development thread for my cubesat mod, but I realized I need more practice, both in terms of technical stuff as well as imagination... Is there anyone who would let me do some minor modelling stuff for me? I work in Wings3D, btw.

@FreeThinker is always looking for models to use in KSPIE and as I saw, he already reached out to you ;)

But why not practice with your cubesat mod? It seems pretty much ideal for practice. I'd recommend to start with something easy like a fuel-tank and do it from scratch to finish to find your work-flow. From what I can see you did no unwrapping or textureing or unity-stuff yet, right? I think it's vital to know the entire process from start to finish because somethings you can only learn by encountering them further down the road. Every step has its own pitfalls that make some parts harder to do than they appear at first (if not impossible at all). With every new part you start, it becomes easier because you get a better idea of what is important and what not. It's not like 'you do the model and the modelling part is done', it's more of a back and forth between modelling, unwrapping and texturing. For example, you texture an area and suddenly you have an idea how this would look better with a different shape on the model, so it's back to modelling, new unwrap and texture again.

Also I personally found it much easier to do models I came up with. Requests can be easy but can also be very tricky.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, Nivee~ said:

Hello! I had started a development thread for my cubesat mod, but I realized I need more practice, both in terms of technical stuff as well as imagination... Is there anyone who would let me do some minor modelling stuff for me? I work in Wings3D, btw.

I used to work in Wings 3D making stuff for VegaStrike, a loooooong time ago. As I and most other modders here would suggest though I've moved on to Blender. The learning curve is a bit steep but, there's a endless supply of tutorials on YouTube and plenty of people here to ask questions if you need help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.