First Person Interior

Tell Me What You Think...  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

I think that it would be really cool if you could not only go first person, but also walk/float around inside of the things you build. For example you build a complex space station, sure you can look at it and all. but what if you want to explore the inside? Even if it was a paid expansion I know people would definitely want to pay for something like that! Or maybe some mod makers would like to take advantage of the opportunity before anyone else does. :lol:

Edited by IceBear730

Nice idea I'm 'on the fence' and can't vote for each.  But I doubt it is something i would use much.

The problem i see is that, due to how ships are built, it would be difficult to have an internal structure that worked for a lot of designs.

We attach docking ports directly to fuel tanks for example, and whilst we can 'imagine' a tunnel to pass through they are not modelled.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool but would probs end up needing several updates and an entire dev team devoted to it and the game engine problems would be well problems... At that point you may as well just start work on ksp 2

cool idea tho. Would enjoy

18 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

We are talking in craft movement. :P 

Whoops… I think I need to change my coffee brand… This one I'm taking should be decaffeinated. :D 

Not now, due to the potential for bugs and degradation of the already miserable performance.

There's also the lack of things to do in IVA, simply floating about in a craft would get old pretty quick. If one could actually interact with things inside a spacecraft I'd be more interested, but IMO it's too late in the piece to add something this big.
We already have planetary surfaces with nothing to do on them, oceans with nothing to do in them, and buildings with nothing to do in them. Moving inside a craft strikes me as about as interesting as climbing the island control tower, I did it once and I'll never do it again.

So I think we as a forum have come to the general consensus that KSP needs more “screwing around opportunities” that could be in-depth but we really just want to have some actual reason for that totally awesome and not at all pointless rover I built yesterday.

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

Whoops… I think I need to change my coffee brand… This one I'm taking should be decaffeinated. :D 

And I’m up at 2 am and don’t even drink coffee. :cool:

1 minute ago, Mark Kerbin said:

And I’m up at 2 am and don’t even drink coffee. :cool:

Neither do I. My coffee is so strong that I take it with a knife, fork and .38 in the case it tries to eat me. :D 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 3:53 PM, Lisias said:

My coffee is so strong that I take it with a knife, fork and .38 in the case it tries to eat me.

Damn.. and here I was thinking I was badass just because my coffee dissolves the spoon. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.