Post your LANDERS here!

Here's Aurelian 2 from my Mission Reports thread "Curing a Burnout"

LzzBaA2.png

cbx8gjG.png

6EXNaGw.png

Fully reusable, and can carry up to four Kerbals to the lunar surface. It operates out of a space station in Lunar orbit, and makes trips to and from there, saving me the trouble of needing to send an entirely new lander for each surface expedition.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

I'll throw my hat in this ring.
A3iEBx0.png

Simple Lander III, carries 8 kerbals down and up on Vall or less. I's got all the experiments minus the science .jr on it. Only downside is it needs a kerbnet connection to function. That ends up being more of an interesting wrinkle for otherwise routine landings though I find. Like the guy above, I usually operate these out of a station.

pTrevTrevs, Are the antennae under the lander there to restrict suspension travel? Or are they just for aesthetics? Looking pretty good in either case.

2 hours ago, Zacspace said:

Are the antennae under the lander there to restrict suspension travel? Or are they just for aesthetics? Looking pretty good in either case.

They’re supposed to be surface contact probes, they couldn’t actually affect the suspension on the legs since they don’t seem to have colliders on them.

57 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

They’re supposed to be surface contact probes, they couldn’t actually affect the suspension on the legs since they don’t seem to have colliders on them.

I've never noticed that before, but now that you mention it, they do seem to be clipping into the terrain in your picture.

23 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Here's Aurelian 2 from my Mission Reports thread "Curing a Burnout"

LzzBaA2.png

cbx8gjG.png

6EXNaGw.png

Fully reusable, and can carry up to four Kerbals to the lunar surface. It operates out of a space station in Lunar orbit, and makes trips to and from there, saving me the trouble of needing to send an entirely new lander for each surface expedition.

That looks so good it looks like something from that Constellation program

@The Minmus DerpCould I post my cool little Soyuz here that I made from a video

19 hours ago, Elon Kerman Jr said:

That looks so good it looks like something from that Constellation program

A lot of the inspiration for that lander, as well most of the other craft in my CAB series, was taken from a past attempt I made at recreating the Constellation mission in KSP. The rover I used on that landing mission is basically an upgraded version of my SPR rover from earlier.

21 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Wow! What mods? @Enceos

I used Infernal Robotics to make wheels foldable. Other than that I see only the KIS container mounted on the side. The girders for legs were probable scaled with TweakScale.

I have a workhorse lander, which has been transporting goods and kerbals for more than two years for me. It has been to Mun/Minmus and back at least 50 times.

It's the one on the left in this picture:

cJVKr6f.jpg

Here it is docked to a station

VzA9aZ5.jpg

Landed on the Mun

RCVnhif.jpg

q1hiUGy.jpg

Flying shots

Fhbe7P0.jpg

WItSGpf.jpg

4TjZyTu.jpg

Landing at a Mimus base

Iifu9B6.jpg

Ladies and derps, I present to you: "Crazy Eight." One of the most versatile landers I've made so far.
wzHalAv.png?1

Originally designed to hop around very comfortably (and scientifically:science:) in Kerbin's SoI, I soon realized a great potential deltaV at LKO... Lifter modifications prove to allow this lander a much greater range of altitude and return. However, the lander is still undergoing rigorous testing. I've yet to fully test the design beyond Duna for 2 main reasons. One, there are only 2 Gigantor XL Solar Panels to power it and there is a great deal of EC-hungry scientific instruments aboard. And two, she's got a really fatS! :wink:

It's fairly simple to plan a mission or two that totally decimates the in-flight biomes near and on Kerbin's SoI bodies. With an orbital tanker or two attached to the 2 mirrored 1.25m inline docking ports, the range is ultimately up to mission control. Once LKO is achieved, however, this lander can also be used as a return craft, provided you have planned in advance with your remaining deltaV, aided in descent by 4 airbrakes. Though it does sport a powerful high-gain antenna, one might as well bring your crew and science all home together, and not a single mod (or remembered ladder:confused:) used.

Edited by Dark Lion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.