Post your LANDERS here!

8 minutes ago, Dale Christopher said:

@phantom000 see the DeltaV button down the bottom right of the screen? (The one with “triangle v” did you know you can click on that and set it to show “vacuum”? I’m guessing your delta V would be closer to 2k 

Thank you!

You wouldn't happen to know where i can find a good Delta-V map, would you? I have one but i am worried its a bit out of date.

3 minutes ago, phantom000 said:

Thank you!

You wouldn't happen to know where i can find a good Delta-V map, would you? I have one but i am worried its a bit out of date.

Naw, sorry. I just did a google image search for mine (if the values for all the destinations seem high on yours it might be because they add ground to low Kerbin orbit to everything like on mine... it took me a while to figure out why everything seemed so high. I was used to thinking in terms of deltaV once in orbit)

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, phantom000 said:

Thank you!

I just google "KSP delta V map" every time, and that takes me to our gold standard:

I am happy to report that the first flight of the Lunar Research Vehicle 02-D1 was successful, for the most part...

ZSDcQVo.jpg

Yeah, not my best landing. I have seen landers bounce on touch down but this one nearly took off again, then it rolled at least a hundred meters. I managed to get it up right again but decided this would not work for a landing site. Being on a slope i had to use the SAS to keep it from tipping and since it was in the shadows the solar panels were useless. I was unable to deploy the ground base like i had wanted to but all crew members returned to Kerbin safely.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.