Steerable Crafts to detach from mothership?

Audiopulse

Hey,

im looking for a way to detach a small lander from my "mothership". In this case I started the rocket with a 3-man-module and added another 1-man-module from the empty-modules-mod. My plan was to detach the small lander, land and then get back up to rondevouz with the 3-man-module again. Just like the Apollo-mission.

Well, most of you guessed it already - it didnt work. After separation the craft becomes Debris and couldnt be influenced any more.

I do have an old part of the Bace-pack, but even that didnt help. I do know that there is at least one mod around that adresses this, I cant remember its name, though.

Could anyone help me out? Does anyone know of a mod or how I can do this?

I tried mechjeb. It doesnt work - in two ways. If you place more than one MechJeb, one will work, the other one wont.

Now, when i detached my lander, funnily the mechjeb on my lander worked - i could access the panel and do all sorts of stuff ... just that it had no hardware to work with. Upon separation all of my lander got reduced to a single strut-symbol in my stages-list, meaning its nothing but debris.

When I switched back to my mothership, the mechjeb I had on there didnt work. No panel to access it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.