linuxgurugamer

[1.5.*, 1.6.1, 1.7] MemGraph Updated with Stutter Reduction

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, CanOmer said:

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6zlz4e8baop43pb/Logs2.zip

(But output_log.txt files are old.)

The output_log.txt locations have moved, see this for more info:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked at the KSP.log, you have quite a number of mods installed.  Could you please do the following two tests:

  1. Create a totally clean install, install MemGraph, and see how it is in the editor
  2. Copy your current install, remove the following mods and test:
    1. Kerbalism
    2. EVEManager
    3. ContractConfigurator
    4. KIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@linuxgurugamerFeature request, could the button to turn the graph off be made something other than alt + (numpad) * ? Those of us on a laptop with no numpad are unable to close the window without an external keyboard connected. 

Edited by Errol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I looked at the KSP.log, you have quite a number of mods installed.  Could you please do the following two tests:

  1. Create a totally clean install, install MemGraph, and see how it is in the editor
  2. Copy your current install, remove the following mods and test:
    1. Kerbalism
    2. EVEManager
    3. ContractConfigurator
    4. KIS

 

After I remove these mods, Memgraph works as normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CanOmer said:

After I remove these mods, Memgraph works as normal.

Ah.  So it's one of those mods which is causing your problem.  Could you try to isolate it a bit further ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CanOmer said:

It's Kerbalism mod.

Ok, so you can go the that thread.  It's  a massive mod and is doing a lot.  I'm  currently looking into the same issue with KCT

17 minutes ago, Errol said:

@linuxgurugamerFeature request, could the button to turn the graph off be made something other than alt + (numpad) * ? Those of us on a laptop with no numpad are unable to close the window without an external keyboard connected. 

Most laptops have a virtual numpad, accessed with a fn key.

Open an issue, I'll  see what I can do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 1.1.1.7

  • Added X button to close window

New button is in the upper right of the window

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer Thank you so much for this mod. I ran in to some problems with my KSP, and this solved them. This seems to force KSP to use more ram, and that's exactly what I needed. I would give you a cookie if I could, thanks alot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod allows greatly reducing the frequency of GC pauses, exactly as advertised. It went from something like once every 4 seconds to once a minute, for only ~2 GiB extra memory usage.

As an owner of a keyboard without a numpad, I am very happy to finally be able to use it, now that the window can be closed. Luckily, the important function (mod+end) isn't on the numpad, but it'd be even better if there was a way to bring the window back after closing it, or adjust the scale of the graph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vegemeister said:

This mod allows greatly reducing the frequency of GC pauses, exactly as advertised. It went from something like once every 4 seconds to once a minute, for only ~2 GiB extra memory usage.

As an owner of a keyboard without a numpad, I am very happy to finally be able to use it, now that the window can be closed. Luckily, the important function (mod+end) isn't on the numpad, but it'd be even better if there was a way to bring the window back after closing it, or adjust the scale of the graph.

Easy enough to do.  It will add the ToolbarController as a dependency.  Sometime in the next few days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

New release, 1.1.1.8

  • Added toolbar buttons, now has ToolbarController as a dependency

This is needed by laptop users who don't have a  numpad

Note New Dependencies

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it on purpose that one icon file is called kisspng-computer-icons-bar-chart-diagram-chart-5abffc5389d869.8552567715225314115646.png ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Is it on purpose that one icon file is called kisspng-computer-icons-bar-chart-diagram-chart-5abffc5389d869.8552567715225314115646.png ?

You can delete it, it's the original which I used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using this for 1.3.1 RSS/RO forever and it's worked great. I increased the heap size and it's been much better. 

 

Recently got 1.6.1 RSS/RO going and installed this but the padheap doesn't seem to work. The config file has everything on a single line if that matters, unlike the version for 1.3.1, and changing the values to set a custom heap amount did nothing. Any workaround? I'm a new user here still and can't upload a file :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SylentVyper said:

I've been using this for 1.3.1 RSS/RO forever and it's worked great. I increased the heap size and it's been much better. 

 

Recently got 1.6.1 RSS/RO going and installed this but the padheap doesn't seem to work. The config file has everything on a single line if that matters, unlike the version for 1.3.1, and changing the values to set a custom heap amount did nothing. Any workaround? I'm a new user here still and can't upload a file :( 

Upload the file to a file sharing site and post a link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi, I have a quesion, what button is the 'mod' button?  Thanks for this amazing mod!

Edited by Majorjim!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Hi, I have a quesion, what button is the 'mod' button?  Thanks for this amazing mod!

Whatever is bound to "MODIFIER_KEY" in settings.cfg in the KSP directory.  By default, that's alt on Windows and right shift on Linux (because some crappy desktop environments use it for global shortcuts instead of super like they should).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Vegemeister said:

Whatever is bound to "MODIFIER_KEY" in settings.cfg in the KSP directory.  By default, that's alt on Windows and right shift on Linux (because some crappy desktop environments use it for global shortcuts instead of super like they should).

Awesome thanks mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 10:16 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, so you can go the that thread.  It's  a massive mod and is doing a lot.  I'm  currently looking into the same issue with KCT

Most laptops have a virtual numpad, accessed with a fn key.

Open an issue, I'll  see what I can do

the settings.cfg file in the Gamedata/MemGraph/Plugins/ dir lets you remap the keys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nice greetings from Germany,

My Englisch ist not the best, but i try to tell you my Problem :D

i downloaded the memgraphmaster.zip --> Open the Zip, then i see the Folder (Memgraph, GameData and .github. ---> i cope the Memgraph folder to the directory I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData   right?

Then i open the settings.cfg (main folder from the game?) and wrote there enablelogging = true

then start the Game, so when i press alt + * i dont see the memgraph windows, i try only press * but dont work.

How i can used the memgraph?

i used the Ver. 1.7.1 of the Game

Greetings Wissi :)

Edited by Wissi81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads-up: Updating via CKAN will also overwrite the user's configuration file(s). I was wondering why the game felt so stutter-y.. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 1:15 AM, Wissi81 said:

Nice greetings from Germany,

My Englisch ist not the best, but i try to tell you my Problem :D

i downloaded the memgraphmaster.zip --> Open the Zip, then i see the Folder (Memgraph, GameData and .github. ---> i cope the Memgraph folder to the directory I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData   right?

Then i open the settings.cfg (main folder from the game?) and wrote there enablelogging = true

then start the Game, so when i press alt + * i dont see the memgraph windows, i try only press * but dont work.

How i can used the memgraph?

i used the Ver. 1.7.1 of the Game

Greetings Wissi :)

The MemGraph files should be in I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MemGraph.

You edited the settings.cfg from KSP itself, the MemGraph settings.cfg is found in I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MemGraph\Plugins\PluginData\MemGraph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.