linuxgurugamer

[1.5.*, 1.6.1, 1.7] MemGraph Updated with Stutter Reduction

@linuxgurugamer In the HeapPadder.version file the mod name is "MemGraph" instead of HeapPadder. This causes KSP-AVC to report the wrong mod name. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

@linuxgurugamer In the HeapPadder.version file the mod name is "MemGraph" instead of HeapPadder. This causes KSP-AVC to report the wrong mod name. 

Thanks, will fix asap

New release, 0.0.1.4

• Added InstallChecker
  • Added default file initialization to the UpdateFromConfig() in case the original file is missing
  • Updated message when invalid line found in config file
  • Fixed .version file with correct name

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/HeapPadder/releases/tag/0.0.1.4

Edited by linuxgurugamer

For all, I've started a new thread for the HeapPadder here:

There will be a simultaneous release of Memgraph when I do the full release for HeapPadder;  the change will be that Memgraph will not pad the heap at all if HeapPadder is installed

New release, 1.1.3

• Added InstallChecker
  • Added check for HeapPadder, if installed, will not pad heap
  • Adjusts help window if HeapPadder is installed to remove the padding keys

This is mainly a maintenance release.  HeapPadder is a new mod which does the heap padding of this without the graphics part.  When it's installed the heap padding code in Memgraph will be disabled.

Thank you both @Padishar for creating and @linuxgurugamer for maintaining this awesome creation!

A long time ago I was keeping it installed but I had a very old comp with 8 gigs of RAM. Never had any significant performance boost but meh my comp was really old (DDR 2, Xeon 5460 (quad core generation)) so I never expected much from both KSP and MemGraph.

Now I have new hardware and so I gave it a try again.
After a few attempts, I have finally set it up: with heap padding of 8192* it greatly boosts KSP performance by minimizing GC stuttering. Before it literally happened every few seconds for, well, a few seconds. Like I got a 5sec freeze every 5sec. Now it only happens every 30 or 60 seconds.

So now my setup with over 100 mods and a huge base is much more playable!

Thank you guys. KSP Community is freaking awesome!

* for 32 gigs onboard, a 16 gig heap setup crashes the game. Will experiment more. 12 could probably be ok.