Sign in to follow this  
Micro753

Terrain Modifications?

Posted (edited)

So, I've been getting into naval stuff on Kerbin, and sailing fully around the planet is impossible without going over land at least once. Every attempt so far at moving a full sized aircraft carrier over land has failed, so I started to look for a way to make canals. I thought of editing the heightmap of Kerbin, but I couldn't find one anywhere in the game files. I looked for a mod that could do it, but I can't find any. Kerbal Konstructs doesn't have an item that changes terrrain as far as I can tell, and I tried using KSC Mover with multiple PQSMod_MapDecalTangent, but that didn't work either. (Even if it did, that would be so tedious putting in a bunch of coordinates over and over.) Can Module Manager replace heightmaps, and if it can, how would I get Kerbin's original hieghtmap so I could edit it? Or is there maybe a different mod out there that I missed? Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Edited by Micro753

KK is able to leave PQSmapdecals, so you can alter the terrain with it. 

Most of the bases of Kerbin side remastered use altered terrains and building canals is absolutely possible