Best Planet, IVA and LS Mod

Ketaz

What is the best IVA mod to use? Also any advice on what a good planet mod to add is as there are so many out there. I want a planet mod that adds more planets to live on and more resources ect.. Also what life support mod works with 4.3 version?

Edited by Ketaz

We have a 4.3 version?!?   ;D

"Best" is such a relative term.  Best may mean best for your gameplay style, or best for your machine (I know my machine won't like some of more graphical mods).  Could also mean the most stable, or the most popular. 

As for LS, there are complicated ones, not so compicated ones, and simple ones.  All of which are basically a resource used over time vs number of Kerbals.  How complicated do you want?  What do you want to do with it?

Snacks is the one I use, for it's fairly simple, but forces me to build bigger and more complicated craft.  No more sending a one Kerbal pod to Duna to do a simple flyby.   The other common ones are on the tip of my tongue, but I can't think of them right now.  Other's will give their suggestions. 

I'd suggest, while also reading the opinions given here (and they will all be opinions, there is no "best" mod for anything, aside from a very select few that are the only working mods that do a particular thing), check out spacedock, and do a search there for the 3 categories you listed.  Look at whats offered, download them, and try them out. 

• 2 weeks later...

For LS I used to use USI (and in fact had the whole USI Constellation package) but I found this was making my game a bit more complicated than I liked so I've since taken it out and now use Snacks instead. There's nothing wrong with USI-LS though (it was more the MKS side that I had issues with in that I wanted a simpler game) so I would recommend either. TAC-LS is okay but again if you want a simpler game then Snacks is probably best. USI-LS is slightly more complicated in that you also have to manage their homesickness as well but you can turn this off. 

For planets I would recommend Galileo's Planet Pack. It is very professionally put together and if you want to expand this get OPM and GEP as this creates a huge system with three stars and numerous planets and moons.

Another vote for GPP. Add the Grannus Expansion Pack and it becomes truly huge.

Outer Planets Mod is a great addon to the stock system - to the point where it makes the stock system look a bit lacklustre. Consider Stock Visual Enhancements to improve the inner planets and make them look more like OPM. (Can OPM combine with both GEP and GPP @Pleb?)

You could also look at Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered, which I'm tempted by for my next game.

...I have a hunch there was another that I was eyeballing but I have totally forgotten what it is and it's evidently not on the first 4 pages of the mod release forum :(

Edited by eddiew

1 hour ago, eddiew said:

Can OPM combine with both GEP and GPP @Pleb?

Yes it does and it does so spectacularly! :cool: However this may be too much for some and may also be too much if your computer isn't up to it.

Edited by Pleb

19 minutes ago, Pleb said:

Yes it does and it does so spectacularly! :cool: However this may be too much for some and may also be too much if your computer isn't up to it.

Well it should be... at this point the question is whether any computer is really up to it, or do we all just put up with various amounts of seconds per frame.

Also the other planet pack I was thinking of was Before Kerbin :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.