Part Action menu

Hi guys

Just got Kerbal on xbone. I'm figuring out the basics, but can get the part action menu to work.

I hover over a party (such as fuel tank, parachute) but hitting B doesn't open the menu.

Any solutions? Seems like a lot of functionality is lost if I can't do this!

Thanks!

ES

8 hours ago, Ephraim Stone said:

Hi guys

Just got Kerbal on xbone. I'm figuring out the basics, but can get the part action menu to work.

I hover over a party (such as fuel tank, parachute) but hitting B doesn't open the menu.

Any solutions? Seems like a lot of functionality is lost if I can't do this!

Thanks!

ES

It's a known bug. Simply restarting the game will fix it. :)

1 minute ago, Ephraim Stone said:

Unfortunately not for me. I've restarted, reinstalled, cleared cache. All to no avail.

Ok. It could be your control setup (maybe it has a different button to open the menu) If the problem does persist, SQUAD has announced a massive bugfix update for KSP:EE (about two days ago), so wait for that to roll out? Possible fix, try setting the button to open the menu to a different one (e.g. X or Y). Have you tried it in all three control modes? 

6 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Ok. It could be your control setup (maybe it has a different button to open the menu) If the problem does persist, SQUAD has announced a massive bugfix update for KSP:EE (about two days ago), so wait for that to roll out? Possible fix, try setting the button to open the menu to a different one (e.g. X or Y). Have you tried it in all three control modes? 

Yeah, unless I'm being a dipstick I can't remap the controls, or find them in the guide. The "controls" page of the guide just gives a few brochure-style pretty pictures.

So I guess it's a case of wait for the update. Annoying in a game that's full price and not stated as being in alpha!

o7

ES

U cant remap the controlls u can Change the controller preset in the options. When u r at the Ship there is an app on the right side of the screen with a joystick, if u click that it should show u a list of all buttons and combos for your controller preset. Im Sorry if that was an useless info for u

41 minutes ago, PrvDancer85 said:

U cant remap the controlls u can Change the controller preset in the options. When u r at the Ship there is an app on the right side of the screen with a joystick, if u click that it should show u a list of all buttons and combos for your controller preset. Im Sorry if that was an useless info for u

Thanks! Tried it, but changing preset didn't fix the issue.

Thanks for trying though!

o7

ES

Ok, I found the issue you talk about in the other thread.  Does it happen on XB1 only or is it reproducible on PS4 as well?

Also, what controller preset are you using?

In the Cursor preset the PAW opens with B on XB1 and with Circle on PS4

In the Radial preset the PAW opens with X on XB1 and with Square on PS4

In the Simplified preset the PAW opens with B on XB1 and with Circle on PS4

35 minutes ago, ArrrThePirate said:

Ok, I found the issue you talk about in the other thread.  Does it happen on XB1 only or is it reproducible on PS4 as well?

Also, what controller preset are you using?

In the Cursor preset the PAW opens with B on XB1 and with Circle on PS4

In the Radial preset the PAW opens with X on XB1 and with Square on PS4

In the Simplified preset the PAW opens with B on XB1 and with Circle on PS4

I can only speak for Xbox. I tried all presets, but no joy.

I would like a few more details if you remember them. What were you doing when it happened? Was it a brand new game or one with some progress? Was it sandbox, career o science? I have both versions available to test them and I'm not able to reproduce it.

8 minutes ago, ArrrThePirate said:

I would like a few more details if you remember them. What were you doing when it happened? Was it a brand new game or one with some progress? Was it sandbox, career o science? I have both versions available to test them and I'm not able to reproduce it.

So I just purchased the game a few days ago.

I've tried both sandbox and career modes; I can't access the paw in either mode, nor on any controller preset.

I've tried in the VAB and during flight; it makes no difference.

Have also tried the usual clear cache, reinstall, new game etc.

P.s it also appears several other functions don't work either. For instance I don't seem to be able to use "fine rotation" during assembly, nor toggle SAS via buttons (have to go into cursor mode and click the icon).

It's like I can only access basic commands.

Have tested the controller via an Xbox app. All buttons function normally, so the issue doesn't seem to be hardware.

Edited by Ephraim Stone

For anyone else having this problem I found a work around in another post:

In game, turn your current controller off which will pop up the usual dialogue box about controller disconnected etc.

Then turn on a second controller and log back into the game with this. For me, the second controller can now activate everything such as the PAW.

Furthermore, I can then switch back to the first controller, and it too will fully "work" (helpful if you have chatpad, cans attached etc).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.