Station parts reloading at odd angles

Hi all, wondering if anyone knows what causes this issue. I launched this station, went to the Tracking Station then reloaded the space station. Now the section with the solar panels attached is off at a whacky angle. The docking port Jr on the front of the orbiter to the left is also at an angle too. None of those parts are clipped. Everything was just attached as normal, so I don't think it's a clipping issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've seen it occasionally for years, but usually reloading fixes it. In this case it's persistent.

k4WH4Zl.png

I get this too, sometimes. On 1.3.1 mostly, as that is the version I play the most these days.

Sometimes it seems to be related to Kerbals in Command chairs, as in going EVA and quicksaving/quickloading might cure it sometimes. Other times it is completely random and/or irreversible.

Dont know how to help you, sorry. It sure is a very frustrating bug.

Yeah, I've seen offset parts, in all axis, all the time, it's annoying, but reloading usually fixes it, and if it's not mission critical, I ignore it.   But I don't ever recall seeing off angle parts before.

I'd reboot the game, and see if it persists.  If so, go and edit the persistence file to see if you can fix it.  

Thanks for the advice!

Turns out it was an autostrut issue. I'd seen it happen before but only occasionally. Not sure if something changed with 1.4.x, but it happened every time. Restarting the game didn't help. Scene changes didn't help and even slight changes to the design didn't help. Last night I tested about a dozen variations including things like removing the docking ports. It still happened.

Lesson learned - I install Kerbal Joint Reinforcement and quit using autostruts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.