[1.12.x] Bob's Panic Box

linuxgurugamer

New release, 0.0.1.10

• Fixed the settings not being passed to the flight scene from the editor

Please report any issues.  Due to the need to pass values from the Editor to the Flight scene, and the fact that there isn't any easy way to do this, the code is somewhat convoluted, and bugs can creep in unexpectedly.

I'm thinking of making the following changes to this:

• If an LES is mounted, the mod will automatically be active
  • If any engines of any type are in the abort action group, assume they are an LES
  • Make the Disable at Altitude altitude equal to the 2/3 of the current planet's atmosphere depth
  • Make the Ignore AoA above altitude default to1/2 of the current planet's atmosphere depth

I'm looking for comments on this

I am open to other suggestions, probably won't do this until the weekend

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 4:04 PM, StevieC said:

Personally I like to set my rockets to shut down all main propulsion engines and start solid fueled retro-rockets in addition to decoupling crew capsule and starting the abort system motors on the abort action-group.

You can still do that, all this does is trigger the abort action group when specific circumstances are met.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
11 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

CKAN won't install it for my 1.6.1 game. Let me try a manual DL... but why would CKAN not do it? I see it listed without install option.

You probably need to go up the Settings and change the KSP Compatible Versions to include 1.5.*

21 hours ago, Eugene Moreau said:

So this has happened a couple of times now.  Fairing separation and BPB says detected explosion.... aborting.  

When that happens, hit F3 and see what the game says.  If it says there was an explosion, well, that would be your answer

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 3:16 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

• If any engines of any type are in the abort action group, assume they are an LES
  • Make the Disable at Altitude altitude equal to the 2/3 of the current planet's atmosphere depth
  • Make the Ignore AoA above altitude default to1/2 of the current planet's atmosphere depth

This would be great!

Currently on 1.7.3 I'm seeing some quirky behavior with Bob's Panic Box though:
- Opening the settings menu in the Editor will always reset the window to default (off?) settings.
- Not seeing any way to modify/check things in Flight (no toolbar or PAW entry)

I figured I'd see if there was a 'default.cfg' in the install folder so I could edit those and be done with it but since that's not an option I figured I'd post this here.

The mod still works, though I haven't actually tested whether it also works with custom settings. (and it aborted due to AoA once even though I was in space, but below the default 100km. Unsure whether I'd set custom values that time)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gucpu7xla02b56x/BPB_LES_output_log.zip?dl=0

edit: forgot to ping @linuxgurugamer

Edited by Jognt

On 8/8/2018 at 10:16 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

With external seats having now ejection functionality, how hard would be to add this to the Add'On? :)

• 1 month later...

Hey @linuxgurugamer!

Minor bug: the text on the settings box indicates timeout in seconds, the tooltip says minutes.

Minor question: I assume that the sliders for km in altitude also refer to percentage of atmosphere when the appropriate option is check. Am I correct?

As always, thank you for your continued modding and the keeping alive of so many mods. You were the first person I ever added on Patreon. :)

45 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

Minor bug: the text on the settings box indicates timeout in seconds, the tooltip says minutes.

Thank you

45 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

Minor question: I assume that the sliders for km in altitude also refer to percentage of atmosphere when the appropriate option is check. Am I correct?

Yes

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you for the support.  I'll see if I can fix the issue later this evening

Oh, no worries at all. You've got lots on your plate and this is a nothing thing. I've said this many many times: it's modders like you that elevate KSP to greatness. I don't know anyone who plays pure stock for anything other than testing. And we know that even Squad uses mods, considering that some of the current team started out as modders. 

If it weren't for you in particular, many excellent mods would be dead and gone. You've gone above and beyond that of any other single modder. I personally think everyone who uses your mods should show their support. 

Thank you for all you continue to do. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.