Kerbal Space Program 1.4.4 and Making History 1.3 launching today!

UomoCapra

It seems that quoting something and replying to that quote directly after the quote isn't enough any more.

I was not talking about Steam. I was talking about the "real world" method being a mess.

Edited by 5thHorseman

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

It seems that quoting something and replying to that quote directly after the quote isn't enough any more.

I was not talking about Steam. I was talking about the "real world" method being a mess.

My apologies for misreading your intent...I removed your quote from my previous post. Thanks for pointing that out  :)

Edited by Tyko

On 7/8/2018 at 7:33 PM, Leo_G. said:

People that use Steam might not the most technically oriented (read: intimidated by the command line).

Had to laugh at this. I've been using command line interface since the early 1980s, but I really like Steam. It solves a lot of my game management issues, particularly when I upgrade to a new games computer.

1 hour ago, mikegarrison said:

Had to laugh at this. I've been using command line interface since the early 1980s, but I really like Steam. It solves a lot of my game management issues, particularly when I upgrade to a new games computer.

Yeah people seem to forget that knowing the command line and not wanting to futz around with it when you want to play games are two totally different things.

On 6/27/2018 at 3:33 AM, JAFO said:

Yes, here it is:

With the release of 1.4, stock KSP and its' launcher both made a number of connections to the internet. Quoting from what I told someone at the time;

Of these, the Launcher is now defunct, so that's no longer an issue. And since Redshell is gone as well, that just leaves the two Unity Analytics phone-homes. I have had all the above ip addresses (except kerbalspaceprogram.com, naturally) blocked in my Pi-Hole blacklist ever since 1.4 was released.

Does it mean that when 1.5 will be out, we won't be able to stay on 1.4.5 on a seperate folder like we used ot in previous versions?

2 hours ago, Commander Zoom said:

I used to edit AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files.  Because I had to, not because I wanted to.

I had a batch file that backed them up and copied over specific ones for DOOM 2 and then rebooted. When you exited DOOM 2 it automatically copied them back and rebooted again.

29 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Does it mean that when 1.5 will be out, we won't be able to stay on 1.4.5 on a seperate folder like we used ot in previous versions?

No that will never happen, at least not to 1.4.4 (There is no 1.4.5) as it runs just fine without an Internet connection at all. And it's insanely likely that it'll never happen to any version of KSP.

2 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

It makes no difference to doing that. You can have as many install folders as you like.

On 6/21/2018 at 2:13 PM, NJC2 said:

No, we don't.  KSP is not Steam exclusive.  Having mod Workshop would be a big [snip] to people buying it outside of Steam.

Exactly. [snip] :mad:

12 minutes ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

Hmm, I didn't see anything stating that there'll be no 1.4.5... Can anyone point me to one(if exists)?

That's not what he said.

Consider the difference in meaning between "there is no 1.4.5" and "there will be no 1.4.5".

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, UomoCapra said:

* Updated map nodes to be visually different when behind a celestial body.

It's no wonder I haven't bothered to play KSP for quite a long time now. Every single update contains some useless feature change. It's like you are purposely trying to irritate your player base.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, UomoCapra said:

* Removed Red Shell.

As I was saying...

1 minute ago, MailletC said:
On 6/21/2018 at 12:04 PM, UomoCapra said:

* Updated map nodes to be visually different when behind a celestial body.

It's no wonder I haven't bothered to play KSP for quite a long time now. Every single update contains some useless feature change. It's like you are purposely trying to irritate your player base.

I don't consider this to be useless. Many other people also don't consider this to be useless.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't consider this to be useless. Many other people also don't consider this to be useless.

What use does it serve then? Does it provide some new layer of understanding or capability to the player that was absent before?

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

It provides more information to players, especially new players

The numbers were always there, however shading them out when they appear behind a planet or body does, what, exactly?

It's the shading I'm referring to, not the actual presence of the UI information. Keep up please.

1 minute ago, MailletC said:

The numbers were always there, however shading them out when they appear behind a planet or body does, what, exactly?

It's the shading I'm referring to, not the actual presence of the UI information. Keep up please.

No need to be insulting. Again, the fact that you don't like it doesn't mean that others don't find it useful.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:56 AM, Temeter said:

It's like 3 or 4 days after the drama around RS started, isn't it?

I know I'm late on the reply, but IIRC this red shell drama has existed for quite a bit longer than that. It started around the time 1.4/MH got released i believe.