the moon problem

Well, that's a bit vague.

I guess, you are referring to the Mun, Kerbins closest moon and you are stuck on its surface or orbit? WHY are you not able to return to Kerbin? No fuel left? Engines broken during landing? Is it a probe which lost the connection to the KSC?

Please some more informations ;)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

1 hour ago, nasa legolas said:

and jeb is now stuck great just great.

Rescue mission then. Those are always fun and it gives you a chance to practice precision landings. You could modify the same type of ship to add a probe core and send it unmanned or send a multi crewed ship up with a spare seat. The purely robotic mission has the advantage of not stranding anyone else during the rescue attempts.

WARNING! A HUGE BATTLESHIP "WALL OF TEXT" IS APPROACHING FAST!

For starters, try reverting your game to a previous save, to launch, or to vehicle assembly, as this will completely undo the mission. If this is not possible, use the aforementioned robotic rescue craft idea. If you can't do that, go into your game settings and switch the "Crews Respawn" option on. Go to your Tracking Station and select Jebediah as well as the lander. Click the "Terminate" button for both of them. Jebediah will respawn in the amount of time specified on the timer below the "Crews Respawn" option in your settings. Your ship will be permanently destroyed.

For a next mission, use structural pieces or landing legs to avoid landing on your fuel tanks. Fuel tanks have a low impact tolerance; it is usually around 6 meters per second, and landing on them generally results in an explosion. LT-05 landing struts, the smallest ones, can handle a 10 meter per second impact holding approximately 1 half-ton per leg, making them good for tiny - really tiny - crewed landers or normal robotic landers. LT-1 landing struts, the middle child of the lander family, can handle a 12 meter per second impact holding approximately 3 tons per leg when landing, which is good for huge robotic landers or an average - sized crewed lander. LT-2 landing struts, the largest ones, can handle a 12 meter per second impact and approximately 11 tons per leg when landing; additionally, they are capable of telescoping to clear the base of larger landing engines. Due to the fact that LT-2 landing struts have the best overall stats, I recommend researching Advanced Landing as soon as possible, and using LT-2s wherever possible.  If you are confident in your ability to land in a stable fashion, I recommend using structural parts such as the Modular Girder Segment as landing gear; they can handle a huge amount of weight and can survive an 80 meter per second impact.

TL;DR:

Your fuel tanks exploding means that your craft is touching down on something it shouldn't be. Use LT-2 landing struts or structural elements to prevent this. Also, give us pictures of your craft. We can suggest design improvements.

If your fuel tank exploded, you might have been coming down to the surface too hard. Next time try slowing down to under ten m/s at least when landing on the Mun. But if you want to rescue Jeb then send another mission to save him. You can send a probe one in case you make another mistake, or a manned mission if you want to get more science (Unless you are in sandbox) from the mission or just have the satisfaction if a successful Mun mission. It all depends on how lazy you are. Your other options are to just pretend it's a base and leave him there or post it on the KSP Reddit and hope for a Blunderbirds from Matt. 

1 hour ago, Duck McFuddle said:

If your fuel tank exploded, you might have been coming down to the surface too hard. Next time try slowing down to under ten m/s at least when landing on the Mun. But if you want to rescue Jeb then send another mission to save him. You can send a probe one in case you make another mistake, or a manned mission if you want to get more science (Unless you are in sandbox) from the mission or just have the satisfaction if a successful Mun mission. It all depends on how lazy you are. Your other options are to just pretend it's a base and leave him there or post it on the KSP Reddit and hope for a Blunderbirds from Matt. 

Again, if you have the "Crews Respawn" option on, you can terminate Jeb in the tracking station and have him respawn a few hours later. Nothing can be done about the ship, though.

2 hours ago, Duck McFuddle said:

ten m/s

IIRC, most parts have a 8 m/s tolerance, while some are 12 m/s.  There may be a few parts that have different tolerances, but 10 m/s might be a touch fast.  8 or less, 6 to be safe, is where I aim. 

4 hours ago, Gargamel said:

IIRC, most parts have a 8 m/s tolerance, while some are 12 m/s.  There may be a few parts that have different tolerances, but 10 m/s might be a touch fast.  8 or less, 6 to be safe, is where I aim. 

A few structural parts, such as structural panels, girders, and modular girder segment parts can survive 80 meters per second. The problem is if everything else collides into them. As such, my landers use them as the first thing that touches down, followed by LT-2s for stability (my rockets are basically retro-style rockets - tall and thin).

On 6/25/2018 at 10:18 PM, nasa legolas said:

Rescue mission complete. yep structural failiure, landed hard (i should have left it there to wait for a blunderbirds by matt)

10 m/s was my landing speed.

it was a costfull ship. So long betsy kerb(my ship's name) P.S. i was on career.

thanks

That's how you learn. In my last save i built a mun base and a rover. However I forgot to put an antenna on it (which I found out after I landed on mun). So I built an additinal module with an antenna. But than i found out I made mistake when putting on docking ports, so they ended up on different hights. Oh well another adaptor.

Edited by Gogi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.