Island tourist challenge

13 hours ago, Andetch said:

I keep crashing on a certain island, and it is frustrating after having landed on the others - big plane or small plane..... So, I'm out!

Which Island? did you check the videos everyone has been posting? Maybe there's something you're missing and watching someone else do it might spark your creativity

14 minutes ago, hoioh said:

Which Island? did you check the videos everyone has been posting? Maybe there's something you're missing and watching someone else do it might spark your creativity

Yeah, I did watch the videos - and I see the landing approaches used, and can also target the flat areas - I have enjoyed landing on these islands with a few of my KEA submissions. Just, doing all three, in one flight.... with no distractions that put me off.... All it takes is one missed approach, misjudging the airspeed and BAM. I'm into the cliffs. 

19 minutes ago, Andetch said:

Yeah, I did watch the videos - and I see the landing approaches used, and can also target the flat areas - I have enjoyed landing on these islands with a few of my KEA submissions. Just, doing all three, in one flight.... with no distractions that put me off.... All it takes is one missed approach, misjudging the airspeed and BAM. I'm into the cliffs. 

I'll admit I don't have a lot of distractions around when I do challenges, the n00b challenges excepted I can do those mostly with my eyes closed, untill I can't, but that's what quicksave is for, right? 

Just fly to island 1, quicksave when you've landed, go to island 2, save again, and then Island 3, save again, finally back to the airfield. If you mess up, just reload and you won't have to do it all over again, just that one island hop

On 6/24/2018 at 7:50 AM, Klapaucius said:

*  No saves. You must takeoff from the Island Runway (or Space Center), successfully land on all three islands and return your empty (except for pilot) aircraft to the your runway of choice.

Maybe this should be a subtracted score and not a hard line? It makes the challenge impossible for those with pets or kids

On 6/25/2018 at 7:51 PM, hoioh said:

Well, yeah, I get it's like that when it's finished, but building it primarily and flying such a big thing with the lag, I don't know...

I managed to expand my FatBoy design though:

---snipped video---

I notice I forgot to score this one:

No SAS, +5

192 passengers, 64

No penalties

Total: 69 points

2 hours ago, hoioh said:

Just fly to island 1, quicksave when you've landed, go to island 2, save again, and then Island 3, save again, finally back to the airfield. If you mess up, just reload and you won't have to do it all over again, just that one island hop

Maybe this should be a subtracted score and not a hard line? It makes the challenge impossible for those with pets or kids

That's fine. I did not think that through well. My intention in the no save rule was to make sure folks don't do redos.  Doing a quicksave would be the same as hitting the escape key in my book. Totally fine. I'll update the rules to reflect that.

3 hours ago, Andetch said:

See revised rules per @hoioh's suggestions.  For what it is worth, I have not managed it either!

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

I've not done this before, so let me know if I need to upload it in a different manner.

It's way to big. Don't know if there is a standard for this, but I took the liberty to scale it to something more appropriate, 125x125px. Also, when it is as small as that the text becomes kind of hard to read. partly because of the cluttered background, and partly because it is just so small.

HMQ6s2Q.png

57 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

It's way to big. Don't know if there is a standard for this, but I took the liberty to scale it to something more appropriate, 125x125px. Also, when it is as small as that the text becomes kind of hard to read. partly because of the cluttered background, and partly because it is just so small.

HMQ6s2Q.png

Thanks. I knew it was large, but I was not sure if there was an auto-resize. Now I know :-)  I might try and tweak the text a bit. I'll let you know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.