Mouse position doesn't agree with button locations in 1.4.4

I noticed this when running in windowed mode. In full screen it was fine, but when windowed, as @ianyikos said, the mouse needs to be offset (by about the height of the button) to be able to click it. I'm guessing the height of the offset error would equal the height of the window title bar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 8:26 AM, katateochi said:

I noticed this when running in windowed mode. In full screen it was fine, but when windowed, as @ianyikos said, the mouse needs to be offset (by about the height of the button) to be able to click it. I'm guessing the height of the offset error would equal the height of the window title bar.

Yep, same thing for me. So I use fullscreen all the time, but it's kinda hard to use other online tools in this state.
So, maybe a fix might be needed?

On 7/6/2018 at 10:04 AM, DunnoAnyThing said:

I use fullscreen all the time, but it's kinda hard to use other online tools in this state.

That's what alt-tab is for.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

That's what alt-tab is for.

Yep, that method is what I'm currently using - but I bet this isn't a desired situation(or at least planned to be.), so maybe a fix might be good(but not 'essential').

Plus, I think this behavior is not specific to 1.4.4, since IIRC I had to use Fullscreen in all versions(can't remember back when 1.3.0 was the latest, though.)

Edited by DunnoAnyThing

19 minutes ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

I bet this isn't a desired situation(or at least planned to be.)

Given that alt-tab is the standard way of handling this kind of situation, for pretty much the entire IT industry, I'd imagine it is planned to be exactly as-is.

Edit: alternatively, you could always try adding a second monitor to your computer... that would work too... :wink:

Edited by JAFO

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

Given that alt-tab is the standard way of handling this kind of situation, for pretty much the entire IT industry, I'd imagine it is planned to be exactly as-is.

I mean, Alt-tab itself is indeed pretty much standard behavior, but KSP's behavior(mouse click not interpreted correctly) is not intended. :)

1 minute ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

KSP's behavior(mouse click not interpreted correctly) is not intended

Fair point.. and one worth submitting a bug-report over, IMO.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.