How do i select 1 item in a group?

I think you will need to either de-attach the rest of the line, move the bit around then re-attach what you took off. (That's what I would do) - Also, the left shift button may be a great assistance to re-attach the part as when held down it makes sure the selected part will only attach to a node. 

Yeah.

The way that you've constructed your craft means that the line of pieces are connected to the piece you're trying to take off. You can take off that line, flip it horizontally and reattach it to the other side. Afterwards, you can take off just that part.

On 6/25/2018 at 3:18 AM, Progeekzy said:

But why cant each piece of any build be taken off individually more easily? Why does it lump parts together like that? 

Imagine you have a long string of a rocket, with many parts all in a line. Now, you are trying to remove a part from the middle of that line of parts. What is the editor supposed to do with all the parts that are attached below your selected part? That is the problem here. Of course you have to tell the editor what to do with the parts below your selected part. Just temporarily remove them and put them to the side.

It's also related to how KSP attaches parts.

Think of a tree. Make sure that tree doesn't have branches that join. Think of the places the branches split and the ends of the branches as parts and the middle of the branches as attaching to that part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.