Plane keeps veering

I know this has been asked and answered a lot, but I have looked through a half a dozen different answers and I'm still failing. I have had many different wings and wheel configurations, but it keeps veering one way or another. Brakes are on and I tried SAS on and off. I still crash. Any help would be appreciated.

VGparcj.pngQDBrYRB.png

Tilted wheels cause lots and lots of problems. So the very first thing you need to do is select the Rotation gizmo, click it into Absolute mode, grab your front and rear wheels, and rotate them around until they are nice and vertical. Then try launching it again.

That may not completely fix you veering, but it'll get you a long way forward. If you need one more tweak after that, it'll be the last one.

Definitely something going on with your centre of lift indicator.  In the top down view it looks to be a little off centre, and for most aircraft to fly successfully the CoL should be slightly behind the CoG.  Having said that, I can't see anything on your craft that would have the CoL situated so far forward.

Edited by Scarecrow

1 hour ago, Scarecrow said:

Definitely something going on with your centre of lift indicator.  In hte top down view it looks to be a little off centre, and for most aircraft to fly successfully the CoL should be slightly behind the CoG.  Having said that, I can't see anything on your craft that would have the CoL situated so far forward.

Your CoG (Centre of Gravity) is really strange. Perhaps you could try and drain fuel from the back. Also, try and change the canards at the back; they do not seem to be affecting the CoL (Centre of Lift) at all.

If your CoG really is where that says, you should probably move your back wheels forward ... for the takeoff rotation, unless you're managing a neutral-pitch climb, you'll need to pivot on your wheels to get your nose up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.