Mat's Aerospace Allotment - Kerbalised Soyuz Mod

DairyLee

Mat's Aerospace Allotment - Kerbalised Soyuz Mod v0.9
ARTICHOKE SPACECRAFT AND LAUNCH VEHICLE v0.9
(Stock-a-like / Kerbalised Soyuz mod)
By DairyLee

v5Hdow6.jpg

Hello Everyone! 

So in my spare time, I have been making a Kerbalised Soyuz mod. It started as just a small scale thing to mess about in unity and ended up being a complete (ish) Soyuz spacecraft and launch vehicle. It's far from finished, especially when it comes to behind the scenes config stuff, but I wanted to let people try it :)

So what does this mod feature?

Well we've got 11 or so parts to build a Soyuz or Progress Spacecraft as well as 13 parts to build a launch vehicle (this includes some adaptors to make the parts fit better with stock bits!) The actual art style should keep most of it looking pretty stock-a-like and for usability it's not a faithful recreation of any part of the real life vehicle. In terms of size it's bigger than Tantares and small than the HGR parts, the upper stage is 1.875m and the rest has bee scaled around that.

The command capsule and orbital module both have internal views and I have tried to animate all the bits and bobs around the spacecraft, so the comms antenna, solar panels, docking port and service module engine cover all move, open and close. There's also craft files for the manned and unmanned spacecraft. 

55DR7Uz.jpgFZuo86F.jpg

Also, the two adaptors aren't in the above images because I forgot...

Imgur Album

To Dos

Still lots of work needed. I need to sort the science/R&D side of things and balance the configs a bit. The cost of parts needs work. Want to add some more parts for this too. Improve localisation is on the list of to do's. More engine variants. Have the 1ST-R tank with a flat variant bottom for standard KSP parts to fit. Improve general usability with vanilla KSP. Work on detail/greebling.

Requirements

Needs BDAnimationsModule (BahaSP) - Available HERE - (Not Included in my mod's download)

DOWNLOAD

CurseForge 
Spacedock

License

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

-----------------------------

The work I do is solely for my own enjoyment and knowing others get to share the fun by downloading my work is reward enough but if anyone ever wants to say "thanks" by paying for a coffee to keep me going they can click: donate

Edited by DairyLee

WOUAHHHH !!!  wonderfull !!! I wait a long time for a mod like this. just two things to ask

first, you just forgot a antenna at the bottom of the service module, else all is ok, 

second, for the IVA, it's possible to add an ASET iva style? 

and one more things, for the docking, it's compatible with tantares?

or maybe make a female docking port will be more realist if we want make real style docking.

Edited by Blinkboy77

This looks interesting, will you publish it on GitHub for easy contributions?

Some notes:

• Antenna are listed as "panels" in the interaction menu
  • For some reason no dV information about stages after the 1st one is available to KER or simple dV (in the VAB, in flight they appear after stage-sep)
  • No ladder/something to hold onto for Kerbals on EVA (Artichoke CM)
  • The final stage has around 1000 dV, I think that's well balanced :)
Edited by Moiety

@ARTOBAN Ah I'll get round to sorting the craft file at some point! Might one day get round to doing a Federation style module, just sort of playing it all by ear really!

@Blinkboy77 Yep the antenna on the bottom of the service module is on the to do list :) I'd have to look into an ASET style IVA, probably the part I was least sure with when I made this so will be a way off if I do it! For docking, the port is essentially a clamp-o-tron with a different model so will work with anything that does.

@Moiety I'll get it on GitHub at some point :) Ah the amount of times I've seen "Panels" pop up and think "I'll fix that in a minute!" Will try and actually remember to do it! Not sure what is causing the missing dV although I have had it myself, will have to look into it! I'd tried to set up a ladder "that's sort of textured on to the module" but think it's probably positions badly so will look at that :) As for the total dV I'm so unsure of what would actually feel balanced, or at least close to it, so the more feedback on that the better!

Really nice good looking and very stock-alike Great IVA's . This may be the first mod that might be able to replace HGR for some of my soviet style spacecraft needs. Still love HGR and its actually being kept up to date it aged incredibly well all on it's own. But with many of the part's being repeated in stock now I could maybe use a lighter weight pack to replace it. I always need to try and prune back the mod part creep. Good job !

On 7/7/2018 at 10:25 AM, Cheesecake said:

Can you make a female docking-port? There is no counterpart for the included port.

FWIW, the male docking-port works with the stock one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.