Is there a mod that adds Propeller engines (fuel and electric)

I‘m missing propeller engines in KSP to make some little planes with propellers. Or use solar powered Propellers to fly in Eve‘s atmosphere, because i want to land on Eve. But my Idea was to make a solar plane that flys up and take the Rocket with it so i can save fuel. And the Rocket will stage when it‘s in the higher Atmosphere and do there the Orbit burn. I see some thing that jet engines are blowing on parts and then the parts are rotating, but this uses fuel i need a electric propeller (i want to have a mod, or when there is no mod can i build a propeller with reaction wheels)?

Firespitter is my favorite, but it has some small issues with KER and some other mods (the guy properly modeled a propeller engine - pun intended - and so mods relying on stock, mass reaction engines, gasps). If by some reason this is a problem (rarely are), try KAX.

Both are working on 1.4.x series, I'm using them normally.

4 hours ago, Lisias said:

Firespitter is my favorite, but it has some small issues with KER and some other mods (the guy properly modeled a propeller engine - pun intended - and so mods relying on stock, mass reaction engines, gasps). If by some reason this is a problem (rarely are), try KAX.

Both are working on 1.4.x series, I'm using them normally.

I try Firespitter and check if it works with my other mods.

18 hours ago, SwissSpace93 said:

I try Firespitter and check if it works with my other mods.

Given the goodly number of mods that require the firespitter core already, I would be surprised if don't already have at least the core.  

Yes, try Firespitter, but those electric propellers suck down a lot of power (as is right and proper).  You may need some nuclear reactors (via USI or NearFuture) in order to give it enough juice to keep going.  An electric prop-plane for Eve makes so much sense and allows you to explore the big purple evil one properly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.