Help with Crashes

I was fully modded, and was crashing when either on launch, or when i reached the making history expansion load ins. I removed the mods and I am still crashing to the desktop with a nameplate of the game in the top left of my screen, and another window of the report crash. It was working perfectly yesterday. Then I installed a new cooler and i7 7700k oced to 5ghz, i ran a stable 2 hr stress test. But I think it might have to do with the evga clc 280 ui. Now with no mods I make it into a world, then crash when I use a part in VAB. Or when I simply load something. "

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0033:5861bea2.

Error occurred at 2018-06-28_221304.
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe, run by Sam.
49% memory in use.
16344 MB physical memory [8199 MB free].
18776 MB paging file [6868 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134208490 MB free].
Read from location ffffffff caused an access violation. "

Edited by FedorKruglov

Post up the log file, that would help.

Also double check your gamedata folder.   There might be something left behind from a mod, or you accidentally deleted something from the. Squad folder. 

But if it's truly a clean install, you might try reinstalling a stock game from scratch. 

9 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Post up the log file, that would help.

Also double check your gamedata folder.   There might be something left behind from a mod, or you accidentally deleted something from the. Squad folder. 

But if it's truly a clean install, you might try reinstalling a stock game from scratch. 

I have done a clean install 4 times. I still have the squad folder, and now it is a mix between the x64_exe caused violation, or the mono.dll violation.

13 hours ago, FedorKruglov said:

I have done a clean install 4 times. I still have the squad folder, and now it is a mix between the x64_exe caused violation, or the mono.dll violation.

I would delete/uninstall everything then, and download a new copy, and try that.   Sounds like something core to the game is corrupted. 

But cheesecake may have something too.   You may be pressing some component too hard. 

How do you stresstest? You use Prime 95?

I have a 8700K that does 10 hours small FFT's but with Blend test it crashes at 5.1 ghz after ~0 to 10 minutes. That's why I run it at 5 ghz. In some games it also crashes at 5.1ghz even although small FFT's passes 10 hour mark. Some people do use one stress test type or simply using a single program then figure out it lasts a while and think they're good to game on it 24/7 which is where people go wrong.

Also, if you say everything was okay but things went problematic after the overclock then then it's obvious to look there first to remedy this. So try to downclock and see if the problem persists. Also, what are your temperatures? That liquid cooling isn't going to do any good if you haven't installed it properly. And lastly, does this only happen in KSP?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 12:15 PM, Aeroboi said:

How do you stresstest? You use Prime 95?

I have a 8700K that does 10 hours small FFT's but with Blend test it crashes at 5.1 ghz after ~0 to 10 minutes. That's why I run it at 5 ghz. In some games it also crashes at 5.1ghz even although small FFT's passes 10 hour mark. Some people do use one stress test type or simply using a single program then figure out it lasts a while and think they're good to game on it 24/7 which is where people go wrong.

Also, if you say everything was okay but things went problematic after the overclock then then it's obvious to look there first to remedy this. So try to downclock and see if the problem persists. Also, what are your temperatures? That liquid cooling isn't going to do any good if you haven't installed it properly. And lastly, does this only happen in KSP?

Yes the temps are around 55-60 c under load, it only happens in this game. I used the intel extreme tuner. I really think i just f**cked up my harddrive or something with the game. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.