2001 Planet Pack [KSP 1.3.1 + RSS] , [KSP 1.4.3]

EndIris

2001 Planet Pack - for KSP+RSS or KSP Stock

DNjcsec.png

After finishing the 2001 A Space Odyssey series for the third time, I decided to take the Lucifer system and put it into KSP RSS.

Nothing has been changed outside the Jupiter System, though future plans could change that, depending on interest. It has not been designed with realism in mind, but how I wanted it to be and look. Lucifer, for example, is way too small to be realistic, but is pretty massive as it is. The other moons have been changed based on the descriptions in the books, primarily 2061 and 3001. 

While this mod is designed for RealSolarSystem, configs are included to put Europa into the stock game or into GPP. In the stock game, it is located in Kerbin's L5 point. In GPP, it is in a low-ish orbit around Tellumo. In stock, it also contains oxygen in its atmosphere.

Lucifer

Spoiler

Jupiter has been deleted and replaced with Lucifer, a cool red star. It provides light and heat to its four moons, turning Europa into a beautiful Earth and Io into a hellish Venus. From Earth it is visible as a small red dot which out-shines all the other stars. 

zjDJSze.png

Io

Spoiler

Io has not been changed on the surface. However, vessels will definitely start to overheat if you stay there too long.

Europa

Spoiler

Europa has completely melted on the side near to Lucifer, revealing many small and some larger islands. It now has an atmosphere about 45% the pressure of Earth's, but 500km deep. However, it does not contain any oxygen so kerbals cannot breathe it. Because of the density of the atmosphere and the low gravity, planes can be landed at less than 20 m/s.

wAqNFpX.png

Opl7Pkn.png

InpYeht.png

pCcBYCC.png

Ganymede

Spoiler

Ganymede has also warmed up, but far more slowly than Europa. It has one main sea near the equator, as well as some small lakes and rivers. The atmosphere is about 4% of Earth's pressure, but 300km high. The atmosphere is thin enough and Lucifer is bright enough that planes can run on Ion power, if they have enough wings. 

qDkRdv0.png

ID8QqQH.png

hmce6GH.png

keZLIN3.png

Callisto has not actually been changed.

ONLY KNOWN TO WORK IN KSP+RSS 1.3.1, OR IN KSP 1.4.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Includes Environmental Visual Enhancements configs. I have no idea how to do support for Scatterer, so it's not planned.

Also haven't tested or added support for any with other visual mods like DOE or PlanetShine. 

All other info should be in the ReadMe. Install like any other mod.

Feedback is greatly appreciated! This was basically just for fun, but if people like it I can develop further.

Edited by EndIris
Update for 1.1.0

Yes, adding Mount Zeus and other things on Europa should be done soon.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get it to work with stock games and GPP games (in 1.4.3). I've been thinking for both I will just add Europa to a Lagrange point of Kerbin, and make it tidally locked to the sun. I don't think Ganymede really fits into the stock game very well, but if anyone has suggestions for how/where to add it I will listen.

Neat. Ganymede looks awesome!

Far as europa is concerned. It looks great too. I havnt been much of a fan of slow rotating planets(so that one side is always darknside) but thats mainly because i suck at planning launches lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's kind of weird how slowly Europa rotates. I don't know how else to explain that one side is completely melted. Exploring the dark side would hard, too.

But anyway, 1.2.0 released. Has some small changes to cloud configs and the cloud texture, to give it higher contrast and hopefully look a little brighter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

This mod seems a bit dead, and old. Could I add this to the RealExpansion Repository (well the RSS part)?

Probably add some nice visual mods to it as well :P

Not to advertise, but theres a link. I would like to add it to a new package I'm planning

Edited by "Our Benefactors"

6 hours ago, "Our Benefactors" said:

This mod seems a bit dead, and old. Could I add this to the RealExpansion Repository (well the RSS part)?

Probably add some nice visual mods to it as well :P

Not to advertise, but theres a link. I would like to add it to a new package I'm planning

Go right ahead. I don't plan on doing anything else with this mod, so seeing someone else look at it is nice. Feel free to change anything you want. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.