part not recognised

playing on 1.4.2 and have a decent amount of mods

mod list:suSQQtI.png

I have a satellite mission, send satellite into orbit blah blah needs a materials bay. The Seti-ProbeParts provides a materials bay "9001-Science Jr. mini" which is a .625m version of the Science jr. but the mission doesnt recognize that it is a materials bay. looked into the .cfg file and compared the 2 to see if i could just edit a value but the formats are different and the Seti-ProbeParts .cfg directly references to squads model. If anyone know a quick fix, please let me know

It needs stock material bay. Modded parts are usually not counted in contract mission, especially if it's available in stock, so you can't replace "material bay" with "modded material bay", even though it's technically do the same thing unless you're using modded contract system or the part that's being requested isn't available in stock (for example, if a probe needs a gamma ray spectrometer, then it's obviously need a mod part, since GRS isn't available in stock)

3 hours ago, ARS said:

It needs stock material bay. Modded parts are usually not counted in contract mission, especially if it's available in stock, so you can't replace "material bay" with "modded material bay", even though it's technically do the same thing unless you're using modded contract system or the part that's being requested isn't available in stock (for example, if a probe needs a gamma ray spectrometer, then it's obviously need a mod part, since GRS isn't available in stock)

It's funny because the parts comes from seti-probeparts and the mission was a seti satellite mission

15 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

It's funny because the parts comes from seti-probeparts and the mission was a seti satellite mission

Well, from my experience, maybe it's better to carry both material bay. Aside for precaution for "part not recognized" issue, it also gives extra science :)

26 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Any idea if I can just edit the cfg file? 

Well, I don't know much about cfg files, except editing the values (I might not be able to help you, sorry about that :(). You can ask others or if you want a fast solution, just launch the mission with both material bays

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.