IncongruousGoat

The Ultimate Challenge Continued (originally by Just Jim)

M8QbSHb.png

New Ion Lander 4 Eeloo and smaller.

6CH3NUk.png

Disposable Laythe Lander.

MhadpDr.png

Second Stage.

AKL2zIL.png

EVA Powered orbitting.

oipBPno.png

Tylo Lander.

(This is going to be fun :cool:)

A discussion thread for my future entry.

Edited by GRS

@IncongruousGoat, may i ask you something ???

Can i recover my "fully" restorable Ascent Stage before first landing ???

3 minutes ago, GRS said:

@IncongruousGoat, may i ask you something ???

Can i recover my "fully" restorable Ascent Stage before first landing ???

I don't see why not. It's not like recovering (or not recovering) hardware on the surface of Kerbin makes much of a difference for a challenge that effectively starts and ends in LKO.

• Like 1

K, Thanks, The Sheep v3 is like 50% done by now, it's meant to be partially reusable, maybe you can ask questions in my discussion thread up there, i also named the landers.

2 minutes ago, GRS said:

K, Thanks, The Sheep v3 is like 50% done by now, it's meant to be partially reusable, maybe you can ask questions in my discussion thread up there, i also named the landers.

A reusable lifter is fine, so long as you don't go using it to launch stuff halfway through the mission. Again, (because someone already got bit by this), once you leave LKO, you can't launch anything.

bGg0OqU.png

If you're curious, that's "The Chimera" lifter that could lift like 320 tons or more like an SSTO and recover, accidentally went to KSC, it's the ascent stage of "Sheep v3", i'll make it bigger if payload ended up being over 320 tons.

dNdnLuE.png

Better shot of "The Grizzly Reaper" Eve Lander

Edited by GRS

@iAMtheWALRUS

Come and drop your submission here !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GRS said:

@iAMtheWALRUS

Come and drop your submission here !

Okey-dokey.  From the HoloYolo thread:

Here's my entry and album.   It's my general use cargo spaceplane with two disposable landers (lifted separately by the spaceplane, one left in LKO for a bit).  ISRU used.

The contract was completed, I swapped and carried the same MK1 capsule for each landing.  For kicks I did this as a "speed run", just over 9 Kerbal years to complete the mission. 

Game Version:  1.4.1

Mods used:

• Mechjeb
  • Stock Visual Enhancements
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements

Craft file:  https://kerbalx.com/kerbalspaceryan/Tiamat

Album:  https://imgur.com/a/sOuIc

• Like 2

@IncongruousGoat

Up there is a good entry, he didn't get the spot from previous thread like what happened to @Kergarin earlier, but that entry right above me is in fact...above 1.4.

Edited by GRS

18 hours ago, GRS said:

@IncongruousGoat

Up there is a good entry, he didn't get the spot from previous thread like what happened to @Kergarin earlier, but that entry right above me is in fact...above 1.4.

Are you referring to my old attempt for this challenge in 1.0.4? Sorry for the bad video, was my first ever :D

Burn times of several hours realtime due to the high part count and slow performance back then. 

Edited by Kergarin
  • Like 4

@iAMtheWALRUS Congratulations on completing the Ultimate Challenge! Sorry it took me so long to get around to reviewing your entry; my life got taken over by a sudden bout of classwork.

I'm particularly impressed by that spaceplane of yours. Can land everywhere except Tylo and Eve, can glide at 51 m/s without stalling, can travel anywhere in the system with cargo... And you completed the contract, and did the whole thing in under 10 in-game years. Very well done. Your entry has been added to the hall of fame, and... oh, I see you've already claimed the badge. Mount it in your sig with pride; you've earned it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

oh, I see you've already claimed the badge.

Heh, slight faux pas on my part there ;).   I submitted this last summer in the then current thread but the moderator never reviewed it and I got tired of waiting.  Thanks for making me all official-like!

• Like 2

Here's a gift for ya...

ufwYAia.png

Sheep v3 Grand Tourer in its (hopefully) Final Form. 

Edited by GRS

VOAx3dr.png

Finally starting !!!

• Like 1