Kerbal Academy's Developement Thread

JGB3aUC.png

Version 1.3.0 Beta 1 [Pilot Contracts]

Please understand that this is a pre-release.
As such it is going to be buggy.
-Please report any issues involving contract generation, contract information (titles for parameters, parameters etc.) , play-ability (too difficulty, weird parameters, confusing requirements) and anything else you think needs to be done or changed. Thank you.

I've tested the Entry Level Atmos. Piloting Course and the Bootcamp contract in two different environments: slightly modded and stock + contract pack only. The first test run on the slightly modded KSP, I wrote down everything I've noticed so far and compared the result to the stock environment. If an issue disappeared in the stock version, it'll got a strikethrough. If the same issue appears in both environments, I'll be written in green.

First test environment: KSP 1.4.3 + MH, several visual mods installed (EVE, DOE, PlanetShine, SVE, SVT, scatterer), also kopernicus (just for jool rings), KER, MM and some editor mods.

Bootcamp:

• NRE after accepting the contract (line 28539 - 28579) (maybe kopernicus related)
  • Vessel (LTA Mk1) seems to be burried and plopps out of the ground as soon as you get closer then 200m
  • Vessel (LTA Mk1) got 4 white squares on the sides, I guess these are supposed to be flags?
  • Staging is not possible (LTA Mk1), had to activate the engines via part action menu (staging is NOT locked, it just happens nothing when pressing the spacebar)
  • All the waypoints were in an almost straight line (started close to the island airfield, ended close to the KSC) (seems to be a strange coincidence)
  • Cannot finish the contract (all parameters got a check mark but nothing happens, like the Int. Level Atmos.Piloting Course before)
  • Cancled the bootcamp contract but the new Kerbal is still available in my roster

Entry Level Atmos. Piloting Course:

• Entry Level Atmos. Piloting Course: Kerbals are not recognized correctly (Phozer Kerman got checkmarked even though he's not on board)
  • Got the first waypoint already during the bootcamp mission, don't have to fly through again.
  • A bunch of NREs as soon as the contract is finished (to be more precise: as soon as my plane touches the ground) (line 42765 - 42832)

Generally:

• While 2 contracts are active (boot camp + Entry Level Atmos.) it is not possible to locate the correct first waypoint since both waypoints got the same name.

Suggestions:

• If possible, spawn vessels with active break actiongroup (for obvious reasons ;) )
  • If possible, remove a waypoint as soon as you fly through. I was wondering why I don't get an contract update and after 5min, I realized that I'm trying to fly through the previous waypoint :confused:

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dym07gkfd2ks036/Test1.txt?dl=0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second test environment: KSP 1.4.3 + MH, just installed the contract pack, no other mods.

Bootcamp:

• NRE after accepting the contract (line 28539 - 28579) (maybe kopernicus related)
  • Vessel (LTA Mk1) seems to be burried and plopps out of the ground as soon as you get closer then 200m
  • Vessel (LTA Mk1) got 4 white squares on the sides, I guess these are supposed to be flags?
  • Staging is not possible (LTA Mk1), had to activate the engines via part action menu (staging is NOT locked, it just happens nothing when pressing the spacebar)
  • All the waypoints were in an almost straight line (started close to the island airfield, ended close to the KSC) (seems to be a strange coincidence)
  • Cannot finish the contract (all parameters got a check mark but nothing happens, like the Int. Level Atmos.Piloting Course before)
  • Cancled the bootcamp contract but the new Kerbal is still available in my roster

• Entry Level Atmos. Piloting Course: Kerbals are not recognized correctly (Phozer Kerman got checkmarked even though he's not on board)
  • Got the first waypoint already during the bootcamp mission, don't have to fly through again.
  • A bunch of NREs as soon as the contract is finished (to be more precise: as soon as my plane touches the ground) (line 20609 - 20676)

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn7tpx8nzo0kt9w/Test2.txt?dl=0

That's all for today, I'm going to do some tests with the other contracts tomorrow :)

15 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I've tested the Entry Level Atmos. Piloting Course and the Bootcamp contract in two different environments: slightly modded and stock + contract pack only. The first test run on the slightly modded KSP, I wrote down everything I've noticed so far and compared the result to the stock environment. If an issue disappeared in the stock version, it'll got a strikethrough. If the same issue appears in both environments, I'll be written in green.

First test environment: KSP 1.4.3 + MH, several visual mods installed (EVE, DOE, PlanetShine, SVE, SVT, scatterer), also kopernicus (just for jool rings), KER, MM and some editor mods.

Bootcamp:

• A bunch of NREs as soon as the contract is finished (to be more precise: as soon as my plane touches the ground) (line 42765 - 42832)

Generally:

• While 2 contracts are active (boot camp + Entry Level Atmos.) it is not possible to locate the correct first waypoint since both waypoints got the same name.

Suggestions:

• If possible, spawn vessels with active break actiongroup (for obvious reasons ;) )
  • If possible, remove a waypoint as soon as you fly through. I was wondering why I don't get an contract update and after 5min, I realized that I'm trying to fly through the previous waypoint :confused:

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dym07gkfd2ks036/Test1.txt?dl=0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second test environment: KSP 1.4.3 + MH, just installed the contract pack, no other mods.

Bootcamp:

• A bunch of NREs as soon as the contract is finished (to be more precise: as soon as my plane touches the ground) (line 20609 - 20676)

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn7tpx8nzo0kt9w/Test2.txt?dl=0

That's all for today, I'm going to do some tests with the other contracts tomorrow :)

Well. Seems I have alot o bug fixing to do at somepoint this week. Lets seee;

(This is more for my sanity later when i forget)

-Completely take apart the waypoint generator and set it up as a "cluster" instead of individual generations. This SHOULD make waypoints disappear as soon as they are flown through and start targeting the next one. Will also set it so the waypoints only generate when specific kerbals are in  the vessel. Or something.  Ill figure that out later

-Drop the LTA MkI onto the ground from about 2 meters. 

-Give up on getting the flags added. Doesnt seem to like em.  Flag findy thing cant seem to find the flag that I know **** well has the correct name. :confused:

-Find the parameter(s) in each that isnt set to disable on state change. Or a hidden one. Joy. :/

-Figure out what the deal is with the kerbal checking thing. It seems to like to do that. 

Upon further reading, looks like the award experience thing is missing its parameter which may or may not be leading the the contract not completing. This is actually a good thing. Means theres alot less problems than I thought.

Got not enough time to do the tests with an modded and stock install, so I did it just with an 1.4.3 stock install. Are tests with an modded install actually interesting for you?
Added some screens this time just to be sure there are no misunderstandings.

Intermediate Level Atmos. Piloting Course:

• Same issue with wrong Kerbals getting a checkmark (screen)
  • Apparently, waypoints disappear a few seconds after flying through, but the next one will not be selected automatically. Why is it different to the contracts I did yesterday? :o
  • 'Maintain stable flight' doesn't show the required parameters of speed, altitude and climb rate as soon they are reached. This doesn't happen to the other 'maintain altitude/speed' parts of the contract and it would be nice to keep the values as a reminder.
  • Contract cannot be finshed in the intended way, the final step 'have xxx Kerman on board when you land' doesn't get an update, even though the correct Kerbal is on board. Recovering the vessel and spawn it again, with the correct Kerbal on board will finish the contract anyway.

Advanced Level Orbital Maneuvering Course:

• Wrong Kerbals getting checkmark
  • Got the contract for a Level 5 Kerbal, I guess he doesn't need the xp ;) (actually, finishing the contract with a level 5 Kerbal doesn't provide any xp at all, not an issue, just want to mention it^^)
  • Confusing description in the Mun part: 'Enter orbit with inclination of 8' but checks for 'Inclination below 9.0°'. I guess, it should be an orbit with an inclination between these values? Same for the other inclination requirements. Btw.: Inclination changes like this are pretty tough in stock since there is no inclination read out and no An/Dn without any target. (screen)
  • When returning to Kerbin: Step 'Enter circular orbit at 80km' but checks for altitude between 798,000m and 802,000m.
  • Contract cannot be finished (same issue like before, can work around again). NRE as soon as the contract is finished. (line 25389 - 25462) (screen)

Intermediate Level Orbital Maneuvering Course:

• Wrong Kerbals getting checkmark
  • 'Enter circular orbit at 80km' but checks for altitude between 798,000m and 802,000m.
  • Actually can be finished but creates a NRE (line 27323 - 27396)
  • No XP granted (done with a level 4 kerbal and a level 5 Kerbal as 'mentor', I guess this contract is supposed to be done with a level 3 Kerbal?)

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjf91tfm6j2xzfn/Test3.txt?dl=0

edit: Just noticed your github issue template. Would it be more useful to raise a github issue for each bug I can find?

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone, I've been dealing with alot of life stuff and have had to pause all development for a while. Good news is I hope to be able to work on this again soon ish. (few months probably) 

Still keeping the plan the same as currently stated on the github wiki.  

Edited by Mark Kerbin
speeeellling

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.