[1.3.1 - 1.12.*] SRCS - Stageable RCS

kurgut

This mod simply allows you to stage RCS / activate them by staging. So at launch, they'll be in a disabled state, until staged by user. You can re-order stages as any other engines in the VAB too.

It's a simple MM patch that comes from Realism Overhaul mod by @NathanKell ,@RedAV8R and all its contributors.

I simply wanted this handy feature available for non-RO users, all credits go to RO authors.

eUeVADL.png?1

Usage:

-build a new rocket

-Add a lot of RCS

-Stage all that stuff

-Enjoy

Dependencies:

-Module Manager by @sarbian

DOWNLOAD:

download : https://spacedock.info/mod/1900/SRCS - Stageable RCS

Github Releases · kurgut/SRCS-Stageable-RCS (github.com)
CKAN available.

Source code kurgut/SRCS-Stageable-RCS (github.com)

Installation:

Merge the zip's GameData folder with your KSP/GameData folder.

License:

CC BY-SA

Thanks to @Kottabos for making a presentation video!

Edited by kurgut

Hmm, when this works well I can save a few AGs for balancing out docked/undocked vessels.

Edit:

Suggestion: put the config in a subfolder to avoid cluttering the main GameData folder.

Edited by Gordon Dry

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Hmm, when this works well I can save a few AGs for balancing out docked/undocked vessels.

Edit:

Suggestion: put the config in a subfolder to avoid cluttering the main GameData folder. 

Thanks!

Yeah good idea, By doing this do I also have to change the code of the cfg file ?

Edited by kurgut

Hmm. Im curious about the application this mod could provide. Aside from the occasional heavy part. Rcs doesnt weigh a whole lot. Is this ment for decoupling before reentry? Or orbital docking manuvers via staging? Just trying to figure out how i could use this in a practical sense. Thanks. 

25 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

Hmm. Im curious about the application this mod could provide. Aside from the occasional heavy part. Rcs doesnt weigh a whole lot. Is this ment for decoupling before reentry? Or orbital docking manuvers via staging? Just trying to figure out how i could use this in a practical sense. Thanks. 

Well, it can be very handy, like set up stagging that rcs are not used during  ascent and only when you want (so in space), avoid that all the monopropellant of your lander is used, and yeah, many things that we usually do by action grouping.

2 minutes ago, antonioltg said:

Are the rcs in the vab list from your mod?

No! This mod just allows you to stage them.  If you want to know there are RCS from  lonesome robots mods, blue dog design bureau, stock (but with ven stock part revamp), SXT maybe, and little others, can't remember all :)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

Does this still work with 1.12? If not, is there a version around that's been updated?

Should be... its just a simple ModuleManager patch... Only time this should get broken, is if/when something in stock gets changed (likely, tho with 1.12.3 supposedly being the very last ever update of KSP..??), *or* if/when something in MM gets changed (not likely)

1 hour ago, septemberWaves said:

Does this still work with 1.12? If not, is there a version around that's been updated?

There's nothing that's changed that wouldn't make it work.

It's really just a reintroduction of a very old feature that's been, more or less, thrown to the modders.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm getting a bug where when this mod is installed it makes all my rcs thrusters that are facing down always act like they have "fore by throttle" from the advanced tweakables settings turned on, regardless of the actual setting.

It seems I was mistaken, and it appears to be some other mod. Will keep hunting...

Lol, figured this out, it's a setting in MechJeb...

Also not sure if this is a bug or not, but the staging icon remains when you disable staging in the PAW. It does seem to act properly, but I would expect this icon to disappear from the staging sequence when the functionality is not being used.

Edited by Errol