KSP_x64.exe Crashes on opening

KSP Version: 1.3.0 build 1804 and 1.4.2 build 2110 (this one is modded), Windows 10 64 bit

What Happens: When opening KSP.exe the game loads but when opening KSP_x64.exe the game immediately crashes

Mods / Add-Ons:

1.3.0 version is pure stock

1.4.2 version:

B9PartSwitch

CommunityResourcePack

CommunityTechTree

CryoEngines

CryoTanks

DeplayableEngines

DynamicBatteryStorage

FShangarExtender

HideEmptyTechTreeNodes

InterstellarFuelSwitch

KerbalAtomics

KerbalJointReinforcement

ModRocketSys

NearFututreConstruction

NearFututreElectrical

NearFututreLaunchVehicles

NearFututreProps

NearFututrePropulsion

NearFututreSolar

NearFututreSpacecraft

PatchManager

PersistentRotation

SpaceY-Lifters

Squad

SquadExpansion

StationPartsExpansionRedux

TweakScale

WarpPlugin

ModuleManager.3.0.6

ModuleManager.3.0.7

Is tested with copying over the installation to another computer and it works, but not on my main computer

Steps to Replicate: Enter KSP installation folder, open up KSP_64.exe, frame opens but is white, after 1 second there comes a popup where it says: KSP_x64.exe has stopped working, and windows is searching for a solution blablabla. After that it forces me to close program as nothing else can be done

Result: Game crashes when using 64 bit version but works on 32 bit but the memory limitation is conflicting with all my mods. (I have 20GB of RAM)

Fixes/Workarounds: Closing RivaTuner statistics

Other Notes/Pictures/Log Files:

NOTE: error.log is NOT generated and it seems like the output.log on both 1.3.0 and 1.4.2 version are almost identical. The only difference is that on the 1.3.0 log it says at the bottom: desktop: 2560x1440 144Hz; virtual: 5920x1440 at -1680,0

output.log (1.4.2): https://pastebin.com/h549HvKU

output.log (1.3.0): https://pastebin.com/UstnQsD3

Edited by Defectum

When you say you are running version 1.3.0, do you mean the base game version or are you refering to the Making History Expansion?

Is that what you mean by "Squad Expansion"? (I don't know what that is)

Which version works on your old computer, the unmodded 1.3.0 version or the modded 1.4.2 version, or both?

Oh are you launching it through Steam or did you create a direct 64bit shortcut on your desktop or something? 

Edited by JoE Smash

When I say 1.3.0 I say the base version, and when I say 1.4.2 it is the 1.4.2 version with making history

Im opening directly through desktop shortcut yes (because when I open steam, like literally all my games starts updating), and both version works on the other computer. As for Squad Expansion it is the making history expansion :)

PS: Why does all my content have to be approved by moderator xd

Edited by Defectum

That’s definitely your drivers. It seems to eat it right after input is initialized, and unless I’m confused (which is possible it’s midnight) , as soon as it loads the drivers or whatnot for your gpu or idk input devices, it dies. So yeah driver update and integrity check is in order

4 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

That’s definitely your drivers.

It could also be anything that interferes with the rendering path, such as GPU monitoring overlays or shader injectors that hook or override the DX dlls.

@Defectum: You don't happen to have RivaTuner or some other GPU utility running, do you? They have been known to cause KSP to crash at startup.

Edited by steve_v

@steve_v Yes! I have been running MSI afterburner and rivatuner statistics in the background! I will go and check now if it works when they arent running.

Also I have updated my drivers now to version 398.36

EDIT: It works! Now I will try to open up RivaTuner again to see if it was the drivers or RT/MSIAB

EDIT2: I have now confirmed that it is RivaTuner Statistics that causes the crashes :)

Edited by Defectum

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.