Tardis with hyperedit powered teleportation?

JKerman

I had an idea for a mod that would give you a TARDIS that could actually teleport, complete with blue flashing and fading away. I know there's a TARDIS mod already out there, but it just accelerates really fast. Is there a way one could make a teleportation feature based on the hyperedit plugin?

To clarify, teleportation in the game would work like this:

The TARDIS' teleporter would be controlled with a UI similar to Hyperedit. After picking the coordinates, be it an orbit or on the surface, and hitting the teleport button, the TARDIS would do its trademark fade from the first location until it becomes invisible, then the camera switches to the target location and the TARDIS fades in.

I'm not a coder, though. Just an idea I'd love to see.

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@JKerman - You mean something like this :wink:

What version is that?

Also, it would be cooler if it had a more authentic interior, and emitted blue light when teleporting.

Just now, JKerman said:

What version is that?

Also, it would be cooler if it had a more authentic interior, and emitted blue light when teleporting.

But yeah, that's pretty much right on the money.

23 minutes ago, JKerman said:

What version is that?

But yeah, that's pretty much right on the money.

It's a part of OrX .... a mod that is currently under development

As for authentic interior, not gonna happen as that leaves me open to Copyright infringement and I want no part of that .... an old telephone box from the UK, Cloaking and the teleportation is it (it is even pushing it to have the interior as it is)

So what you see is what you'll get if you install OrX when I release it .... sorry, but I'm not interested in a cease and decist letter as I am sure I would get one (especially since my video with Tardis in the name was unable to be uploaded to youtube ... hence the Continuum label instead)

21 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

It's a part of OrX .... a mod that is currently under development

As for authentic interior, not gonna happen as that leaves me open to Copyright infringement and I want no part of that .... an old telephone box from the UK, Cloaking and the teleportation is it (it is even pushing it to have the interior as it is)

So what you see is what you'll get if you install OrX when I release it .... sorry, but I'm not interested in a cease and decist letter as I am sure I would get one (especially since my video with Tardis in the name was unable to be uploaded to youtube ... hence the Continuum label instead)

While I cannot speak for every law and certainly understand your concern, I'm pretty sure recreating things from franchises is legal so long as you don't profit from it. Otherwise there's about a thousand Enterprises, TARDIS's, Star Destroyers, B5 ships, Stargate ships, Firefly's, and probably a dozen other franchises that have gotten off lucky.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.