Terrible sounds in 1.4.4

MikeO89

Don't know about anyone else but the changed RCS/Sepratron/etc sounds are horrific in 1.4.4. I couldn't even get through a mission the high pitched shrilling sound of the RCS thrusters and anything else like Sepratrons, separation motors etc were just aggravatingly bad. Don't know who over at Take 2 decided it would be cute to change those sounds but they should be strangled. I simply cannot play with these new sounds. Glad I saved a copy of 1.4.3. I have a hard time already trying to forgive them for changing the overall RCS plume affects from 1.31 but this is ten times worse.

Edited by MikeO89

Yes, I noticed the new sounds in 1.4.4 too. Not sure I prefer the RCS sounds to the old version :huh: but the engines have a more bassey rumble.

Oh and BTW it's not really T2 who decide what stuff is added to the game. They just own Squad and KSP, while Squad mostly handles the actual features.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

I tried to go play again today to see if I could get used to those new sounds and I just can't do it. These new RCS thruster/separation motor sounds are just a total game changer for me. This version is now unplayable for me in it's current form. These sounds are very integral to the game and change everything about the game experience for me in a very negative way. The sound experience in this game is every bit as important as the video for me. If one gets messed up, it screws up the whole thing. I'll have to stick with my copy of 1.4.3 (I still actually prefer 1.3.1 but as time goes by, the craft I make in 1.4.3 wont work in 1.3.1 and some of my mods won't work anymore either). I love this game but Squad, for me, you guys really bit it on this one. One man's experience but I'm the one who has to play with it.

Edited by MikeO89

On 7/4/2018 at 3:20 PM, MikeO89 said:

Don't know about anyone else but the changed RCS/Sepratron/etc sounds are horrific in 1.4.4.

Why yes, yes they are. Not a particularly serious problem IMO, but certainly not an improvement.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.